web analytics

Sky Sports Journalist Acknowledges Existence Of Second Bidder

Early on Saturday, the Chronicle reported that a second consortium interested in purchasing Newcastle United was in the early stages of due diligence.

That report said that the unnamed group was going through the books at Newcastle. However, they were quick to note that it was still business as usual as far as the club was concerned.

This would be a second ‘serious’ consortium along with the Saudi-backed group led by Amanda Staveley. The Chronicle also reported that they have approached both the club and the Saudi group but received no new information.

So the most recent information on the PIF consortium is that American entrepreneur Carla DiBello may have been the one to suggest the idea of purchasing Newcastle to the Saudis.

There had been speculation that more bidders were in talks to buy Newcastle. The news that another group is looking at the books is not too surprising if accurate.

However, that doesn’t mean they are anywhere close to reaching an agreement with Mike Ashley, which will be where the real test lies.

The fact that this second group remains unidentified could be a positive sign and show that they are remaining tight-lipped about their plans.

Pete Graves, with Sky Sports, tweeted the following on Saturday, verifying that he too is aware of a second group.

It’s all at a standstill as far as Newcastle fans go. There’s still a faint hope that something concrete will develop in the coming weeks and months.

However, it’s all far too much of an unknown to raise our expectations too high.

• toon22

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:24 AM

NY

It’s a fact the club had decided to call the police on a fan , after asking him to talk to them
    If you read this blog you would have read it
    Are you saying you missed that ?

I’m simply extrapolating the logical outcome to this course of action

What are you basing your opinions on ?

• toon22

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:25 AM

It’s all part of the downward spiral the clubs been on for years
    You know this
    You’ve seen this happen

Why do you question it ?

• Unused Substitute

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:29 AM

Burnley and us have been so similar for so long in terms of style of play. Lately however, Burnley have started to combine and land successful long passes leaving us as the only team sticking with our disjointed and hopeful style. Tonight’s game is immensely winnable if we can land successful long balls and do not turn possession over at the first ask.

• NY Mag

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:30 AM

toon22,

Yes, I did read it.
    And there is nothing logical about your extrapolation process.

• toon22

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:34 AM

NY

Let’s just pretend you arnt here to defend Jabba
    It seems easier for yourself

• toon22

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:36 AM

As everyone in the north east of England are proper stupid

We struggle to fasten our shoe laces

• NY Mag

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:41 AM

toon22,

Again, you’re letting yourself down……your generalized responses don’t cover up the inadequacies in your arguments 🙂

• ChicoUSA

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:47 AM

NY,
    I had no idea who Caroline Flack was either. But in case you haven’t Googled it yet, she was a radio personality and also was a host on a show called Love Island. Shame that anyone ever has to feel such despair! 🙁

• ChicoUSA

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:54 AM

On the takeover: looks like a fakeover but hope it’s a real takeover.

But I’m not sure why it matters if one is on the CaptainAmerimag end of the spectrum or on the Frog’s end! So one believes it, and it turns out to be BS, so what? Or one thinks it is BS and it turns out to be true, so what? Either way nobody can read the future! Unless it is thru EGB’s objective magic and runes! 😉

• NY Mag

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:55 AM

Chico,

I had no idea who she was….I’ve since watched sky news which has yellow breaking news banners all over the place…..ok, I still don’t actually know anything about her, but clearly she’s a bit of a celeb ‘back home’..
    Anyway, I’m always saddened when anyone passes away.

• Jiayou! (The next MW)

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:55 AM

im devastated we have to suffer another year of burnley. people will say the same of us. ihate watching burnley but they always seem to be on when im in a bar. the premiership didnt become the biggest league in the world and possibly britains greatest success in perhaps half a century or more because of this type of football. boring teams should (and possibly are) be shunned from sky coverage.

• NY Mag

Feb 16, 2020 at 2:59 AM

Chico,

That’s a pretty fair reflection of events……it’s only opinions
    Could be right, could be wrong (I’m sure there’s a song in there somewhere )

We’ll be the last to find out as always 🙂

• ChicoUSA

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:01 AM

I “predicted” a draw in the blog pool! 1-1. Again I can’t see the future, if I could I would be a billionaire stock market investor and would own our great club and would bring back Rafa and El Projecto! 🙂

• ChicoUSA

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:02 AM

…that is if I could get the greedy bastid MA to sell!

• ChicoUSA

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:04 AM

NY,
    You back home now? Last time we chatted you were in NYC I think…

• ChicoUSA

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:13 AM

Jiayou! (The next MW) @91
    Not counting a preseason match held here in California a few year ago (Sacramento) I have only been able to attend one regular season match. It was in Oct 30, 2017, when I was last in England, and as luck would have it the boys were away from SJP that week. So my only match seen in person, was…..you guessed it, at Burnley! I was thrilled, but the match was as dull as dishwater. We lost 1-0.

• NY Mag

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:15 AM

Chico,

I’m back in Michigan (not sure I’d call this home yet)…..but I’m starting to get used to it.
    Next week in Texas (Austin), week after back in NY.

I’m planning to be in Monterrey end of March (not confirmed yet)…..so maybe we could meet up for a beer?

• ChicoUSA

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:24 AM

NY
    Great keep me posted! Always good to have a beer with another Toon fan!

• lesh

Feb 16, 2020 at 3:49 AM

NY Mag, Chico (Hi, how you doing over there in CA?)

For what it’s worth, I’m in the UK and when I was told that Caroline Flack had died, my first reaction was who’s she? It seems that to be famous you don’t have to be famous.

But, the girl seems to have been another victim of celebrity status and unable to cope with the pressures. A shame, a life lost, for what?

However…

Stay lucky you guys.

• Jiayou! (The next MW)

Feb 16, 2020 at 4:54 AM

chico
    if its the game im thinking of, thats when i started hating burnley. i think we had the better of not much and they scored their only shot. sounds familiar to our season.
    with Rafas defensive style he often strangled games so it was pretty even, neither team creating much. with bruce the other team dominates, creates chances and we rely on sheer numbers defending and the goalkeeper has had to make much more saves. Rafa seemed to have a clear well drilled plan thathe implements at all his clubs as do pulis and fat sam, bruce doesnt. hardworking, double running, strong big lads. seems to be all he knows.

• DubaiMicky

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:53 AM

Let’s be positive guts, it’s MATCH DAY!!!!! And I’ll be watching it at the local hooker, erm sorry, Sports Bar… (There is an influx of “working girls” from around 8pm every night).

If the game is dull at least there’ll be some interesting Eastern Europeans and North Africans to watch.

• Jib

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:10 AM

I think Ashley was unpleasantly surprised that Rafa spent so much
    achieving promotion when Hughton managed it by spending so little
    They were clearly never singing from the same songsheet which confirms
    to me that the various takeovers all were genuine and Benitez just lost patience
    last summer and the Chinese made him an offer he……….

• ChicoUSA

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:12 AM

Jiayou!
    Sounds like the same game. Burnley’s goal came on a poor giveaway by Ayoze, in their half of the pitch. But one thing I got to witness that night was the majesty of the NUFC away supporters! I had purchased a home side ticket just to get into the match and sat in their main stand. The Newcastle fans were sitting behind the goal to my right. And the volume and passion of their singing was something I will never forget! The entire rest of the stadium was drowned out by a contingent of mad Geordies, that probably took up no more than 10% of the available seats in that stadium! Amazing supporters!

With all the arguing, and personal insults hurled at each other at times on this blog, just remember how lucky we all are to be Magpie fans! Our day to shine shall come!

• ChicoUSA

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:29 AM

Hiya Jib
    Re: @102
    After selling Sissoko, Wjnaldum, Townsend and Janmaat, going into that season in the championship, Rafa probably felt he should be permitted to spend a bit to rebuild the team and likely win promotion. I don’t think the squad CH inherited to bring the club back up had been quite so decimated prior to his promotion season. But I like Chris Hughton so not throwing any shade his way!

• Nufc-83

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:35 AM

Lesh I don’t agree with a lot of what you have posted in past times but your post on this thread was one of the best I have read in a long time well done sir!

• Nufc-83

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:38 AM

Toon22 I have not been keeping up with blog events lately but I can gather Genj has been visited by the plod. Don’t worry you won’t suffer the same fate that lad actually get out and puts himself on the frontline not just posting utter drivel on a forum trying to shout down true fans of the club. Safe to say you shouldn’t be expecting a visit.

• Nufc-83

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:41 AM

Regarding Burnley they are the one club I want to go down every season. The way they play is just a disgrace literally limping it up to Barnes and Wood looking for second balls and scrambles in the box. If Dyche ever came near this club I honestly think it would send me over the edge! The only thing you can say is at least they do have a plan which is more than we do when going forward as that’s been missing since Rafa left.

• Nufc-83

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:41 AM

Lumping*

• Nufc-83

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:43 AM

Everton have an option to buy Sidebe for just over 12m! Now that is great business as one of the best Fb in the prem. Everton always seem to have great full backs from Baines, Coleman to Digne and Sidebe (taken hibbert out that list :). )

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:46 AM

Congratulations on surviving the first EPL winter break fellow bloggers.

Many pitt falls and many wanted us to fail, we’ve made it though.

Onwards and upwards

• ilovetoon8788

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:54 AM

Allegri has indicated he’s joining a unnamed Premier league next season.

I’ve a feeling it’s us. With the Saudi takeover gaining momentum. I think the takeover will be completed in the next 6 weeks and allegri will be announced as our new manager season.

Exciting stuff!

• MrShort88

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:55 AM

Bidder? Bit yet no official bids have been submitted. Pack it in man.

• Jib

Feb 16, 2020 at 8:15 AM

Chico
    Having never been relegated for years CH’s players had no contractual relegation clauses
    Now I would guess every NUFC player does

• Ron Knee

Feb 16, 2020 at 8:23 AM

“Mikel Arteta stated: ‘I was considering a situation at Newcastle United…I made the decision to stay where I was (at Manchester City) at the time.’

“Back in July 2019 after Mike Ashley had forced Rafa Benitez out, Sky Sports (see below) revealed that as well Patrick Vieira, Steven Gerrard and Roberto Martinez, Mikel Arteta had also refused the opportunity to join Ashley’s circus.

“With Sam Allardyce also turning Mike Ashley down, it meant Steve Bruce was sixth choice at best.” (The Mag)

• Jiayou! (The next MW)

Feb 16, 2020 at 8:51 AM

strange for us to be looking at unproven managers with potential to be top class or risk of being out their depth. unproven as they are theres still a bit of a jump from them to proven plodder bruce. i wouldnt have had any of them that high up. nagelsmann, biesla were my choices. now id add farke, potter, howe, frank depending on who goes down. scott parker might be oneto consider as hes an ex player. i can imagine arteta would be a good manager but gerard seems too stupid.

• Bills Son Is Back

Feb 16, 2020 at 8:56 AM

Saxon – Here Bills you might understand why many on here believe you are a bullshitter. “Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”,

Would that be the lie that I’m an Ashley ‘supporter’ even though I’ve consistently said I want him out, didn’t agree with not keeping Rafa, say he has no ambition for the club and that he is simply trading water to kep us in the Prem?

Would that be the lie that if you disagree with the clique of screamers on here ie., toon22, Jail, Saxon, OP, Tsunki, bladeu, et al that you aren’t a real supporter?

Would that be the lie that if you go to matches you are really supporting the regime not the team?

Would that be the lie that the club is ‘ruined, fkd, and washed up’ even though we are in the Prem with 45-50 thousand turning up every week?

Would that be the lie that every single takeover rumour has been fabricated by Ashley’s PR to fool the fans and take the pi$$ out of them?

Would that be the lie that Ashley pays shills (me included supposedly) to write ‘pro-Jabba PR’ on here?

Would that be the lie that the likes of me and Jib to take just one example are alts?

Would that be the lie that every positive report surrounding the club ie., the £35M bid for Soumare is ‘just yet another lie’ to fool and wind up the fans?

And finally…

Would that be the lie that if you don’t believe, or even mildly doubt, any of the above lies that you are a fool who blindly and meek and mildly accepts the $hit we’ve put up with for the past 12 years?

Pray tell tell m Saxon…

EXACTLY what do you mean and who do you refer to when you say “Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”.

I think you need to take a look in the mirror.

• Big Bruce Stars.

Feb 16, 2020 at 8:58 AM

Jib @102 what a rotten comparison of the condition of both relegated sides. In hughtons side we lost the aging journeymen who helped drag us down and ended up with a motivated team with much better quality than the one Benitez had in the champo – the big money players baled and left a completely mismatched squad which Benitez set about rebuilding using what money? The money from the sales of those jumping ship. What was his net spend again? So he didn’t spend “so much money” from Ashley’s pocket did he? And how much money did he get in the Prem the next couple of seasons?

Your twaddle shows up your agenda again. Poor show.

• Ron Knee

Feb 16, 2020 at 8:58 AM

Comment on trailer of Nicholas Cage film “Left Behind”:

“I saw this movie on a plane. And people still walked out.”

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)