web analytics

Report – Newcastle To Scout Norwegian Striker In Turkey

There is a report from Turkish outlet Fotospor that Newcastle will scout Trabzonspor striker Alexander Sorloth this weekend. The Norwegian international is on a year-long loan from Crystal Palace.

Trabzonspor is expected to trigger the 24-year-old’s purchase clause. It’s reportedly a €6m obligation to buy if he plays in 50% of the team’s matches. He’s already scored an impressive 22 goals in all competitions for the Turkish club.

Sorloth joined Crystal Palace two Januaries ago from the Danish club Midtjylland for £9m. He failed to have an impact at Selhurst Park, scoring just one goal in his 20 appearances, though only 4 were starts with two of those on the left-wing.

Sorloth rose through the Rosenborg Academy but made just 10 first-team appearances before moving to Groningen in the Eredivisie in 2016 for a small fee. He scored just 6 goals in his 18 months in the Netherlands before moving to Denmark.

It was at Midtjylland that he found his first rich vein of form, scoring 15 goals with 9 assists in his only season before securing his lucrative move to Crystal Palace.

He’s been on loan twice since joining the Eagles spending the latter half of last season with Gent in Belgium. Crystal Palace reportedly tried to recall Sorloth from his loan recently, however the terms of the deal allowed Trabzonspor to prevent that.

Monaco and Brighton will also be sending scouts to watch Sorloth this weekend.

Should Newcastle Sign Jetro Willems In The Summer?

• Yes (87%, 1,438 )
  • No (13%, 222 )

Total Voters: 1,660

Loading ... Loading ...

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:08 PM

OP my criticism of rafa was pretty gentle, although regular. If I thought he signed a goon, I said it. If I thought he signed a good un, ( eg schar), i said it. If we played badly or in a defensive way against poor teams, I said it. When we played Leicester off the park, I said it. But for every bad game, where we had low possession or no shots, every muppet here blamed the players. Eg ‘do u think rafa TOLD them to pass badly””. ? And if he made a bad signing, charnley was blamed. Gotta wonder why he left when he could do no wrong. The overall picture was positive, but negatives were not entertained. Do You call that balanced? I don’t.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:09 PM

OP

He is like a Terrier, just chase and chase, will take on any size opponent and just keep coming back for more.

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:10 PM

And before I’m asked by another bellend like Mr Tuff, yes I wud prefer rafa over Bruce. Who wudnt?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:11 PM

Droppy

I was critical of the Joelinton signing before we made it.

At the time I said I’d stick ASM up front and try joe on the left before a ball was kicked.

I’d still like to see ASM up front but I’m unsure if it would take away from his overall contribution.

I’d be happy to see the players pass the ball to feet a bit more, simple things like that.

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:18 PM

OP I don’t think Joel is good enough for any part of the front line, maybe as a sub.

• welshgeordie9

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:18 PM

In Rafa we trust.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:19 PM

OP

I’d love to see it.

ASM is not a striker either but give him the ball to feet and let him work something, opponents would have to double up on him and then Miggy and Joe running off him, still leaves plenty back to keep SB happy.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:22 PM

Munster

Can’t see Joe getting dropped somehow, he wouldn’t be in my first 11 on current form and confidence. Oddly I think Schteve was right last week when he said it would have been better to have him slowly brought in but as our other strikers are all crocks he is all we have.

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:25 PM

Rotunda, yes I enjoyed the 3 amigos. I was one of perez’ earliest and most ardent fans. SB has been badly served with Joel in part replacement.

• toon22

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:25 PM

Munster

LoL

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:26 PM

Agree Droppy I haven’t liked his energy levels from day 1 although he is a bit better now.

• dougie

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:26 PM

The whole thing stinks at Sports Direct FC as far as a sporting enterprise is concerned.Look at the state of the squad and check out the serial failure manager in the dugout.If only the sheep would stop propping it up by turning up.They would literally turn up and pay for a season ticket to watch the grass grow.No other club of this magnitude in world football would put up with this horror show.Its embarrassing and disgusting and the sheep are to blame for allowing this to continue.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:27 PM

Munster

I can only say the way it came across.

As I said to Bill’s the other day we can’t see each others faces, sometimes the true meaning is lost due to it being text on a screen.

I’ve agreed with you on certain points, certain ones I don’t.

As I and many have said, I wasn’t the greatest fan of his style but I loved how we nearly always had a chance in games. I loved how he took the city to heart, it was refreshing to see someone challenge Ashley.

Most of all it was nice to dream we could be a proper football club again and try.

If Rafa had of played his style and was a total knob with everyone maybe it would’ve been different.

I complained about team selection, why we didn’t attack certain teams etc, I just didn’t see the point or need to go on about it.

I don’t Really miss Rafa or the football, I do miss having a club that gets you excited and dares you to dream that maybe one day it’ll be us lifting a cup.

When Rafa left any hope of that under Ashley left with him.

I haven’t really criticised Bruce more or less than Rafa, no point, I do see and say the style and football is a lot worse.

Arguing about Bruce or Rafa is pointless when the cause of all the clubs problems is Ashley, it’s like arguing if you want to be stabbed with a blunt knife or a sharp knife.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:31 PM

OP

Can we stab Ashley with both ?

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:32 PM

OP don’t be a prat. I didn’t “revile” rafa. Ridiculous nonsense comment but the goons will believe it. You are entitled to adore Rafa, good luck to you. But if I see fit to disagree on some stuff, don’t accuse me of reviling the man.

• Nufc-83

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:32 PM

OP we clearly won’t agree on this so only thing we can do is see how he gets on in the coming games and I believe he will be very good!

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:34 PM

OP fair comment @ 133.

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:34 PM

Droppy watch there will be a knock at the door but I approve your sentiment.

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:35 PM

Nufc 83 who are u referring to, lazaro?

• welshgeordie9

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:35 PM

In welshie we trust.

• toon22

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:35 PM

As it’s obvious to see

There’s absolutely nee point it trying to talk to posters like Munster, JIB and the like
    They will stand by their agenda regardless of what happens or is said

Let’s stay positive guys 😉

• Rotonda heights

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:35 PM

Munster

Pretty sure rafa left because his involvement in transfers ie rondon was taken away and 40m joel was a 2 fingered parting salute from ash.

He was jerked about so much and couldn’t trust someone with zero ambition for the club.

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:36 PM

Wudnt it be nice to have a nutter like simeone as coach, pumping up the crowd? We can dream.

• toon22

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:36 PM

Yer

Its actually happened recently
    Why bother talking to fans about their grievances when you can just get the law to go around

• toon22

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:37 PM

Munster

It’s never Jabbas fault

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:37 PM

Nufc83

I think he’s going to be a flop defensively but superb going foward.

Could go the other way also.

Possibly a better use for him is rotate him with ASM and Almiron, or change the formation to get all 3 up front.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:38 PM

Anglo

I’ll set the dogs on them if they come to my door.

Or the mother in law.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:40 PM

Toon22

Will let you know if they turn up.

Might paint myself as camouflage that’s the club way

• Rotonda heights

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:40 PM

Munster

Why do you continually take the p–s saying people adore rafa. We get you didn’t, but hey a lot of people did, as referenced by full houses, even in the champo, flags been waved and songs been sung for rafa. That’s only ever happened for kk, sbr and rafa.

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:40 PM

OP, shudnt have called u a prat, sorry. People may sneer, but I travelled to meet rafa. Glad I did. The daughter was only talking about Shelvey and how gentle he was tonight.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:41 PM

I was talking to someone today about the police.

He assumed I’d been arrested as a youngin.

I told him

“I was never caught, I was running for my life, they were running for their job. No contest”

• Anglo Saxon

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:42 PM

set both on the law, not know whats hit them.

• Rotonda heights

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:42 PM

If you didn’t like rafa, dont think youd enjoy simeone.

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:43 PM

Rotunda, fair enough, but why were guys like me who saw negatives reviled on here and got Irish abuse. The lack of discussion was embarrassing. Do I think man u fans were like that with fergie.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:43 PM

I remember a NYE as a teenager and a Robin Reliant and a icy hill.

All those CCTV cameras have taken the fun out of being a teenager.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:44 PM

On its roof I should add, best sledge ever

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:45 PM

Rotunda simeone is a bit mad and it’s endearing. And the football he plays is miles better than benitez.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:47 PM

OP

Very easy to put on their roof too.

Quite buoyant for a while. But ultimately the sea takes them.

• Rotonda heights

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:48 PM

Munster

I think you have mastered the art of being passive aggressive over 3.5 years.

• Rotonda heights