web analytics

Report – Newcastle To Scout Norwegian Striker In Turkey

There is a report from Turkish outlet Fotospor that Newcastle will scout Trabzonspor striker Alexander Sorloth this weekend. The Norwegian international is on a year-long loan from Crystal Palace.

Trabzonspor is expected to trigger the 24-year-old’s purchase clause. It’s reportedly a €6m obligation to buy if he plays in 50% of the team’s matches. He’s already scored an impressive 22 goals in all competitions for the Turkish club.

Sorloth joined Crystal Palace two Januaries ago from the Danish club Midtjylland for £9m. He failed to have an impact at Selhurst Park, scoring just one goal in his 20 appearances, though only 4 were starts with two of those on the left-wing.

Sorloth rose through the Rosenborg Academy but made just 10 first-team appearances before moving to Groningen in the Eredivisie in 2016 for a small fee. He scored just 6 goals in his 18 months in the Netherlands before moving to Denmark.

It was at Midtjylland that he found his first rich vein of form, scoring 15 goals with 9 assists in his only season before securing his lucrative move to Crystal Palace.

He’s been on loan twice since joining the Eagles spending the latter half of last season with Gent in Belgium. Crystal Palace reportedly tried to recall Sorloth from his loan recently, however the terms of the deal allowed Trabzonspor to prevent that.

Monaco and Brighton will also be sending scouts to watch Sorloth this weekend.

Should Newcastle Sign Jetro Willems In The Summer?

• Yes (87%, 1,438 )
  • No (13%, 222 )

Total Voters: 1,660

Loading ... Loading ...

• carltoon

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:49 PM

Eeh! OP you naughty boy.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:50 PM

Droppy

Every teenager should get a Robin Reliant, ridiculous fun.

A couple on Bidlestone in Heaton got a new one every year for the 10 years my mate lived there.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:52 PM

Munster

The Irish stuff was bang out of order especially when it’s clearly used as a slur without a hint of humour.

You’ve said it yourself though you could be less confrontational, the Taliban thing didn’t help your cause any.

I don’t always agree with you and I loved Rafa despite the frustrating decisions as he seemed like a real chance to be better.

Never rated Bruce but have given him time and I’m afraid he’s tactically woeful despite the points on the board.

I will happily talk football or any other subject with anyone. Debate is good for the mind.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:53 PM

Carltoon

Sometimes looking back I think I made it too adulthood by pure luck.

I’ve definitely had 9 lives,not sure how many I’ve got left.

Adulthood has had its moments too.

• Munster Mag

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:55 PM

Rotunda, simeone presses miles higher up the pitch, far more assertive in attack, much more quick passing on the ground. Far less long ball. His players wud die for him. That’s not an opinion, its a clear difference honestly.

• Rotonda heights

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:56 PM

I think you have this all built up in your head. People realised and could see what rafa was trying to do within ashley’ s constraints. No it wasn’t always a good watch but incrementally he was improving things and getting us moving forward again as a club. With bruce its a return to McCardew.

As for Irish comments, no right thinking person would condone that.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:57 PM

OP

Mine was actually down in South Wales, due to my Dad being in the RAF.

Guy in the next village had one and he used to swerve into cyclists on purpose.

One night, 3 of us drunk on £1 bottles of Broon from the rugby club, tipped it on its roof. He came out roaring and we legged it. Next night we popped the window and pushed it down to the coast on over the cliffs.

• Rotonda heights

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:57 PM

Did you see the 30 second clip v leicester when rafas team put in 7 crunching tackles.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:04 PM

Carltoon

One of my greatest football memories is from one of my near misses.

I crashed a motorbike in Germany doing well over a 100mph with a pair of Jean’s and a tracksuit top on.

Destroyed the bike, dislocated 2 fingers a bit of gravel rash and snapped all the ligaments and tendons in my ankle.

Ended up in a German hospital for over a month with a Russian one side a polish bloke on the other watching Black adder in German.

Whilst in there my Squadron went on tour, after my op I was desperate to get out. On the Saturday the doc said maybe Sunday if the swelling went down.

Comes to Sunday he says no and I go slightly berserk tell him where to go as we’re playing Man, sign myself out of the hospital.

The only 2 lads from my Squadron left were Man U fans from Carlisle, they pick me up and we go back to camp to watch the match.

We beat them 5-0 after the 2and goal they both left, every goal after I was banging on their door with my crutches jumping around like a looney

Tbe joy of getting out the hospital the result the performance was unbelievable.

A day I’ll never forget

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:05 PM

Man u

• Nicky the ball tosser

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:09 PM

Pleased Adam Armstrong is doing well in the Championship. It’s a long way to the top for almost all footballers, and he still has a ways to go, but at 23 he’s still in with a chance. He looks a bit leaner to me, which perhaps has improved his sharpness. I think he was always a good footballer, but the EPL is so fast, you do need to be physically quick, or if not, at least physically powerful. Too early to say it was a mistake to let him go, and even if it proves the case, it was really just a decision that needed to be made one way or the other, with the odds much more on him not making it for us, than the other way round. I’ll be honest and say I have long thought he might eventually make the top flight in his mid twenties, likely for a promoted side, but that’s as far as I could see him going, and I’ll stick by that assessment. I’ll be delighted for him if he proves me wrong, and delighted all the more if he did come back and do the business for us in the top flight, rather than someone else.

• Munster Mag

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:17 PM

Rotunda we all loved that crunching tackles clip. But it’s not as though it was even a monthly occurrence. Simeone’s team snaps into tackles. They were hounding Liverpool on the edge of their box with minutes left. Rafa’s team wud have been sitting deep with him shouting ‘compact’. Thanks guys re the unfairness of the Irish stuff. In reference to Taliban, that was a reference to not tolerating difference of opinion, and discussion, not religious or ear cutting etc as Jail said.

• Munster Mag

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:23 PM

Nice one OP 🙂

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:25 PM

Munster

I wasn’t remotely offended by the taliban thing I just think it was very poor judgement, it’s bound to provoke response.

Similar to the Tarquin thing, you know it’s going to get a response. I can understand you feeling attacked or even ganged up on, but keeping it going by needling people doesn’t strengthen your argument.

We’ve had a good old chat tonight and even the different opinions haven’t stopped it being civil.

• Munster Mag

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:27 PM

Anyone else got random nufc wins and goals to share? Dave Kelly rocket. His goal against Grimsby (I was there) :). Bellamy last minute in Europe. Tiote v arsenal. Right need to hit the sack soon. Thanks for the civil discussion gents.

• droppy in Wallsend

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:29 PM

Munster

Got plenty but we will keep them for another night.

Even the day my Dad and Andy Cole put me in hospital.

• lesh

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:36 PM

There’s no such thing as a Robin Reliant. It’s a Reliant Robin made by the Reliant Motor Company in Tamworth Staffs. They also had a go at making a sports car – the Reliant Scimitar.

• lesh

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:41 PM

Munster

Your seemingly endless criticism of Rafa was being posted at a bad time. Your views were probably unpopular because Rafa was fighting a losing battle against Ashley and for the fans. In effect, your criticism of Rafa was perceived as supporting Ashley and thus went down like a lead balloon.

Surely that must have occured to you that the amount of criticism and your timing was ill-judged. It earned you a pro-Ashley reputation in much the same way Catchy’s opinions are greeted with scorn.

• Munster Mag

Feb 18, 2020 at 10:55 PM

Lesh, if people aren’t smart enough to discern a dissenting voice Re parts of Rafa’s management, with a respect or liking for, Ashley, that’s hardly my fault. Ashley is the issue but rafa fought most owners he has had, to play Robin Hood. He has done it all over his career. He loves populism and fighting the big gigs. He list (and we did, v Ashley). That’s another reason why I cudnt understand the China move. He didn’t need a job and the China club etc is a nothingness. Mark my words he’ll end up at Galatasaray or somewhere. I’d have him back despite the abuse I get,but I’d far prefer a more exciting coach. Either way, dreamworld unless the fat man goes.

1 3 4 5