web analytics

Four Magpies Get Starts On Loan This Afternoon

Freddie Woodman claimed his 11th clean sheet in a 0-0 draw at home against West Brom today. The point moves Swansea to just 3 points behind Preston in the final playoff place. However, they are down in 11th, so they have a lot of clubs still ahead of them.

Freddie has started every league match for Swansea this season. He turned 23-year-old this week and will have just one year left on his contract when he returns to Newcastle this summer.

Jacob Murphy made his fifth straight start for Sheffield Wednesday at Brentford this afternoon. However, the Owls were swarmed by the Bees losing 5-0. Newcastle have been linked with Brentford’s Said Benrahma recently, and the Algerian had two assists in this game.

The loss moves Sheffield Wednesday down to 15th while Brentford move up to 4th in the Championship. Jacob did play the full ninety minutes on the right wing.

Rolando Aarons made his eighth start for Motherwell in a 1-1 draw at Hearts today. The winger played the full ninety minutes against the last placed side in the Scottish Premiership.

The draw keeps Motherwell in third place as they look to fight off Aberdeen for a place in the Europa League.

Kelland Watts started once again for Mansfield Town in a 2-1 win at Northampton. The center-back was replaced late in stoppage time with a potential injury. We hope it’s nothing serious for Kelland who missed a few months while on loan at Stevenage earlier this season with an injury.

The win moves the Stags eight points above Macclesfield in the drop zone.

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:09 PM

Liquor took me down, uups we won? Maybe sold soon?

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:09 PM

We won, we’re practically assured safety. We are in the quarter finals of the FA cup, what’s not to like about that?

• toon22

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:11 PM

Droopy

I’m not keen on the asset stripping and the constant relegation battles

• lesh

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:12 PM

Droppy

@3

What’s not to like? The ongoing presence of Ashley. Be rid of him and the sun’ll shine.

• Bobbybee

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:13 PM

Neil, looks like young Watts has what it takes to make the grade. He’s in line for player of the month in Division Two playing against some wily old pro’s and up and coming striker’s. Not many prisoners taken in that league! 🙂
    Let’s hope he’s not another we let slip through our fingers.

• Jib

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:14 PM

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:14 PM

Toon22

Neither am I mate. But on a match day and especially after a good result I like that warm little glow.

Plus side we are more attractive to the mystery interested parties as a PL club

• Jib

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:17 PM

toon22
    I’m not keen on the asset stripping and the constant relegation battles

Well stop supporting Sunderland then

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:18 PM

Lesh

I agree the man’s a tw*t and he needs to go but I’m enjoying the feeling of having won.

Plenty of other days to be furious about stuff.

All going well I will be joining the likes of Genji and TMG soon, just need to free up my weekends.

• welshgeordie9

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:19 PM

Toon22

The blogs knacker

• Uncertain Toon

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:22 PM

Bobbybee,

Cheers pal, always nice to get one over skybet for minimal outlay.

Just need to make it clear to the whole blog I was not wanting Ritchie to miss that penalty or indeed any other chances the lads had!!!

• Uncertain Toon

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:24 PM

Not sure what happened there, must be Carling infection already!!!

Wife, any chance you can ditch one of my duplicate posts please!!!?

• Uncertain Toon

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:25 PM

Aah, tis coz I amended it!!!

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:26 PM

#supporttoon22 #ashleyoutnow

• Moonraker15

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:27 PM

Can’t believe the euphoria of some on here when we’ve just beaten a team who had 10 men for over ah hour! The goal from a defensive error at the end!
    Haha deluded!

• The Wife

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:27 PM

I removed the duplicate for you, Uncertain Toon.

• Moonraker15

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:28 PM

Jib
    Just so we know; are you happy with Ashley’s running of our club? Really?

• Jib

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:31 PM

Sunlun
    2 – 2 at the Stadium of Plight on Wearyside
    versus the mighty Gillingham

• Munster Mag

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:32 PM

Moonraker, you’re another one who can’t give the man a smidgen of credit. Look, the football is improving. That’s what we wanted. Bad results for other teams. Why not smile?

• Uncertain Toon

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:33 PM

The Wife,

Thanks for that, onwards and upwards for the next game.

Gayle will get one sooner rather than later, as he’s getting into the right positions.

HWTL

• Munster Mag

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:33 PM

A few pints tonight with my best bud that I haven’t seen in months, a natter about footie, and MOTD recorded. For once a happy Saturday.

• Moonraker15

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:33 PM

Every time we get a win and pull clear of relegation Ashley licks his lips and thinks of another £100 million coming next season. More shops to buy!

• Munster Mag

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:34 PM

Nah, sod that, limped home v ten men. You’re a disgrace Bruce. Traitor etc

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:35 PM

Sorry I thought my team had won, I thought as a fan that was supposed to make me happy.

I see the error of my ways now.

Woe is me, curse you ASM for scoring that winner.

No win is good because Mike Ashley.

• investinyouthtoon

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:38 PM

Jib at 6 exactly. Those lads and lasses are the best fans in the entire land and deserve so much more from the club. Not like those fair weather fans like myself whose support isn’t real or proper.

Never thought I would be saying this but manquillo has really made a difference in defence and with him I feel more confident than without him. He needs to stay next season and for crying out loud tie both Sean and matty to long term contracts.

• toon22

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:39 PM

As soon as were mathematically safe people on here seem to think Jabba will sell us
    But what will actually happen is Jabba will simply rinse and repeat his usual season
    Sell high buy low keep as much of the tv money to buy shops as he can

And gamble on staying in the league for anther season

• Jib

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:42 PM

Gary Lineker@BBCMOTD
    running order: Liv/Bou, Ars/WHU, Sou/New, CP/Wat, SU/Nor, Bur/Tot, Wol/Bri.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:43 PM

Toon22

I simply think it’s more likely.

The key factor is still him and he can’t be trusted.

Winning something won’t force him to sell either as I don’t believe a word he says. Court proven liar.

I will be joining the protests very soon, but I will still want the team to do well.

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:44 PM

Over the past 3 seasons in the Prem 35 points would see a team safe. Hopefully we get more points on the board, which I’m sure we will. However, just to make sure.

• Moonraker15

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:47 PM

Munster
    I did enjoy the win I can’t help it as we all do. But it is a question of being between a rock and a hard thing. Wins and safety only lead to more Ashley with no ambition! When there was a possibility of him selling it was good but let’s face it, we’re going nowhere!

• Moonraker15

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:48 PM

I think we’re now safe to be honest; another win or 3 draws will do it.

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:51 PM

Moonraker- Your right mate, up the league we go ! HWTL

• Moonraker15

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:57 PM

Munster
    Bruce, the master technician almost managed to lose against West Brom reserves having been winning 3-0. He’s a journeyman stopgap manager and he’ll move on in a year or so having achieved nothing except we’ll probably get relegated! He inherited the best central defenders we have ever had, signed by Rafa. How he’s made such a good career in management who knows?

• Moonraker15

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:01 PM

Jib
    Who gives a toss what Sunderland are doing. Do you think it makes you a better toon supporter?
    Pr1ck!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:03 PM

Neil

Have to point out that you missed a name off the MOM award, Graham Scott.

Can we have him every week?

A red card and a penalty, it’s beyond amazing.

• Jib

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:05 PM

Bill Hear hear

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:06 PM

Lesh you’re correct I did, my apologies but I just wanted to make a point.

It’s what happens all of the time on here and a lot of it is deliberate as it was in this instance.

‘You clearly misinterpreted my post about the train companies and Flybe.’

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:09 PM

Although I suspect that the Southampton fans MIGHT feel a little differently! 🙂

• West Lancs Geordie

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:09 PM

Thanks Droppy Martinez. Didn’t realise he had a bad injury . Thought we might have gone for him in January but was he injured then?

• Jib

Mar 7, 2020 at 8:10 PM

A penalty is a heads or tails situation
    6 ft 4 in Alex McCarthy if he guesses
    right is going to save it.
    Matt Ritchie took a perfectly good pen
    but the Southampton keeper got it right