web analytics

Newcastle At Southampton – Team Prediction, Injuries, And Poll Result

This is the team we think Bruce will send out for today’s match at Southampton. It has five changes from the win at West Brom.

Bruce will likely continue with the formation he implemented against Burnley but will have some tough decisions to make at striker and on the right.

We see him sticking with the Joelinton and Miguel Almiron partnership but bringing Matt Ritchie in for Valentino Lazaro at right wing.

The injury situation has cleared up nicely with only Andy Carroll and Ciaran Clark not available. Both clubs have only three players out or facing a late fitness test.

Newcastle Injuries

Andy Carroll – hip, Ciaran Clark – ankle, Emil Krafth – ankle (late fitness test)

Southampton Injuries

Nathan Redmond – thigh, Will Smallbone – illness, Stuart Armstrong – concussion

The win at West Brom on Tuesday has buoyed the fanbase a bit, we think. Our poll for this match has over 70% predicting Newcastle will pick up a result.

Of the 1566 total votes, over 700, or 45%, are picking Newcastle for the win.

Less than a third of the voters think we’ll come away with nothing at St Mary’s. With the way the table is currently a loss or draw would still keep us in 14th place.

A win will only see us jump above Southampton into 13th place. However, it will keep the bottom three at bay for at least another week.

How Will Newcastle Fare Against Southampton On Saturday?

• Win (45%, 703 )
  • Loss (29%, 458 )
  • Draw (26%, 405 )

Total Voters: 1,566

Loading ... Loading ...

• #cans

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:33 AM

FFS bus – can’t be arsed to cut n paste

• toon22

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:34 AM

JIb

Ill fix it for you

Sports Direct and FRC set for Supreme Court clash over privilege

By Amar Mehta 19 February 2020

Wonder why your so happy its going to have to go all the way to the supreme court to get him to hand over those documents ?

• toon22

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:38 AM

Sports Direct have sought permission to appeal to the Supreme Court on the Communication Issue, and the FRC have sought permission to appeal on the Infringement Issue.

• Jib

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:00 AM

toon22
    So when is Ashley going to the Tower of London
    do you have a date ?

• toon22

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:03 AM

So long as he gets a conviction im not fussed
    Im sure as a toon fan you feel the same ?

Or your happy with his running of our club ?

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:04 AM

Well after reading the common sense of the night shift, let’s just hope the lads can bring us back 3 of them lovely points.

• Jib

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:05 AM

12.30 BT Sport 1
    LPool vs AFC B’Mouth should be a canny game
    Eddie Howe will have looked at Watford’s game
    against them and go shit or bust.

• toon22

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:05 AM

Once he gets his conviction, and hopefully some prison time
    Its off to the Prem league with a call for him to be kicked out of owning a club under fit and proper rules
    Yes he dont have to sell the club but its going to cost him big if he keeps us
    As they will simply kick us out of football

Im sure you dont want any of that to happen and would rather him simply sell us, dont you

• lesh

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:07 AM

Froggy

Don’t be surprised if the FRC wins its appeal to the Supreme Court, it finds there’s nothing of any real substance in them.

Would Ashley be a sort to pursue this as a matter of principle, regardless of the costs? I’d suggest he would because it would set a point in law that FRC does not have the power to expect demands for emailed documents to be disclosed to it.

You can be sure such a point would be greatly welcomed by some members of the business community and would neuter the FRC’s authority and credibility.

• fairscup

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:08 AM

Most people over 65 in this country have had a free flu vaccination so most people over 65 don’t die of flu because they cannot catch it.

FACT:

Everyone over 65 can catch COVID-19 so could die from it, particularly if they have underlying problems.

That is why the comparison to the flu mortality rate is missleading.

• toon22

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:11 AM

Lesh

I would agree with you if it wernt the subject matter those documents cover
    Its about did he pay his brother large sums of money and not disclose the payments
    And get GT to cover it up for him
    IIRC

Im guessing he has more at stake than a matter of principal

• toon22

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:13 AM

They changed the law to make it an offense to help someone avoid paying tax
    Im guessing this is what they are looking at

• lesh

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:13 AM

Oh how things have changed over the years.

How many of you can remember the days in the late sixties, early seventies when it was never a case of will we win a home game against Southampton, it was a case of by how many. Unless my memory’s playing tricks we’d always go up expecting to see three to four goal margin of victory.

I think it was Ted Bates was managing Southampton at the time and Lawrey McMenemy was Manager Designate, trainee manager.

• toon22

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:14 AM

Better be careful

Or the club might send round the goons

😉

• Just a fan

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:14 AM

I had a flu vaccination and was bad for a week.so not sure if I should do it again.

• toon22

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:15 AM

Lesh

Not so long ago it would be a cert we would at least get goals against them

• toon22

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:16 AM

Just a fan

You think we could persuade Jabba to get the flu jab ?

• lesh

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:19 AM

Fairscup

I beg to differ about a flu jab guaranteeing immunity from flu. It doesn’t unless the strain of flu is the same as the injection was designed to conquer. As flu virus strains are ever changing, the vaccines can never be sure to attack a current flu virus.

• fairscup

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:22 AM

Lesh – last time I had the flu was 1999, it knocked me out.
    I have had the jab every year since and not caught it.
    I agree if the strain changes you can get it but the risk is very small.

• lesh

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:25 AM

Froggy

We can but wait and see what comes out of the Supreme Court hearing

Jail

I think it was you mentioned the rail companies accepting Flybe tickets and can I suggest that their very generous (Jib’s words I think) offer might be akin to Ashley’s free half-season tickets – a loss leader to attract customers who might’ve used a airline for a journey.

• davetoon

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:25 AM

I hope Neil’s team is the same players that start today. Going to be 3 points in the bag.

• IrishRob

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:29 AM

I’m tempted to say he will swap Schar for Fede, but Schar isnt great on the road. So he might stick with Fede.

He may play Hayden and Shelvey but I’ve a feeling at least one of them will be loosing out to Bentaleb, cant are him playing Hayden and Benta together as they are too similar, so possibly Benta and Shelvey in midfield. Although I would love to see Benta and Hayden together just to see.

Longstaff is another who’s poor on the road and he wasnt that spectacular last Tue, so I’m inclined to think he wont be playing.

Then obviously Lazaro will be playing ahead of Richie, everyone else stays the same. That’s my team anyways.

• fairscup

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:29 AM

I agree with this team – not sure Ritchie or Tino though?

• lesh

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:31 AM

fairscup

Unlike you, I’ve found that jabs knocked me for six (it stands to reason it injecting a virus) so I didn’t this year. I seem to have had ‘flu’ to varying degrees for years, and reading about Geordietom’s bacterial flu-like condition which he says is treat with an annual injection, I’m ready to tackle my GP about it – when the pressure on them eases.

In the meantime (*sniff, snifff*), HWTL

• IrishRob

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:32 AM

Lesh it’s not a home game though.

• fairscup

Mar 7, 2020 at 11:34 AM

Lesh – Aye, I have heard that some people suffer from the jab a bit but I just feel rough same day and I’m fine day after.