web analytics

American Boxing Champ Calls Newcastle ‘An Unbelievable Team’ – Jokes At Potential Bid

American boxing icon Floyd Mayweather was in Newcastle yesterday for a media event. He was taking part in a Q&A session when the question of him buying Newcastle United was broached.

TMZ has published the 43-year-old’s very intriguing response:

“In the U.S. we call it soccer, but the Newcastle football team is an unbelievable team, a hell of a team.”

“If the people want me to buy the Newcastle team, let me know!”

While it sounds like a joke, TMZ followed up with the Mayweather’s representatives and they claimed that he would be interested in buying a stake in Newcastle United. However, there has been no contact with Mike Ashley or his representatives.

The undefeated boxer with a record of 50 wins and no defeats is worth around $560m which is about £440m. So it’s unlikely he would be willing to buy Newcastle outright on his own.

We don’t see much of a chance of this happening though it does lead to some interesting talking points. Maybe he could get in touch with Amanda Staveley or Peter Kenyon and join one of their consortiums.

Chances of that are very minimal but it would certainly lead to some interesting times having Floyd Mayweather as part owner of Newcastle United.

• carltoon

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:53 PM

Munster

• carltoon

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:55 PM

Munster, I see. Never heard of them. Wish I’d thought about doing some stock piling. Just never thought it would be necessary.

• carltoon

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:57 PM

Droppy are you a Prepper?

• welshgeordie9

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:57 PM

Beat you to it Neil, getting slow now in you old age.

Ha ha ha

• carltoon

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:58 PM

Has everyone in their bunkers already?

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:58 PM

Carltoon

No I’m a tight sod, but I’m bulk to save money.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:58 PM

Buy not but

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:59 PM

Here’s the video of mayweather being interviewed.

• Munster Mag

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:59 PM

Just reading phone, an expert over here says up to 80% of the population could get it, resulting in up to 120, 000 deaths. Staggering figures. Let’s just hope not. My mum is 93 and has survived everything bar the bubonic plague, and the thought of her getting this is dreadful.

• RobLeenio

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:09 PM

Cheers Droppy, I’d actually seen the video but liked the article better.

Jordan ‘little arms’ – England’s Number One. No wonder we can’t win an international tournament!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:11 PM

Robleenio

I noticed that you’ve been posting less and guessed why, I’m pretty much the same, the constant sh!te slinging just never ends.

If you try to back someone you are automatically picking sides, it’s pathetic.

Really can’t be *rsed with it and I’ll also post a lot less, at least until the kids finally grow up.

For starters it would help in people were to use the blog names that individuals have chosen than try to be clever with stupid alternatives, this by the way is addressed to everyone!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:14 PM

Re the earlier thread about the young lad in the Eredivisie, I suggest that if any of our young lads were playing in that league they’d be playing as well as he is.

• Online Guy

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:15 PM

Munster

You are not doing yourself or the Blog any favours by going back to past skirmishes and your constant daily dig at Rafa Benitez

If you tuck that MO away , as it riles people daily, life will be easier for you and people will start taking an interest in anything constructive and interesting you have to say and not read your comments in an unforgiving way..they see them as tainted by your daily stance on a man they respected .

Stands to reason that if you keep mentioning Rafa in a bad light those people who expect it from you are going to see you as someone who is deliberately winding them up .

If it continues from you it will be seen as trouble making as you have had a heads up from me and others on the subject .

Do yer self a favour Munster .

Rob

Munster knows by going back to a page that’s been closed half an hour and posting bile about Rafa its going to cause trouble .

And he does that.

Why ?

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:17 PM

Away from football.

The guy I’ve been helping now has some support in place, I bumped into one of my ex clients today, a retired nurse and she is going to see him every day and has rallied 3 of his neighbours to help with shopping and travel to hospital to see his wife.

• RobLeenio

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:17 PM

Bill, the blog is always diminished when you appear less frequently.

There are no sides, IMO. It’s about respect and common decency and letting everyone have their say when they want, without appending it with a reference to another’s mental capacity.

We’re all individuals, we’ll not always agree, but we don’t have to be nasty about it. Unless we’re talking about Pickford, of course.

😉

• Online Guy

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:18 PM

Oh and Munster

Stop telling people to Fk off .

Little innocent .

• martoon

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:19 PM

The think I don’t understand with stockpiling is why toilet roll? There are a few things you could improvise to use instead – I would expect it to be things like pasta and tinned food etc.

• #cans

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:20 PM

Munster – oh I dunno, might clean the bitterness and bile on this blog up a bit 😀
    Small price to pay ….. (obviously not your mum like)

• hibbit

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:22 PM

coffee long life milk and paracetamol would be my choice in that order

• JP...from The Rock

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:29 PM

Can’t stand Mayweather tbh. But then again I’d prefer him over AshLie any day!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:32 PM

Just on news that a London transport worker has been confirmed with the virus, that can’t be good!

• Ron Knee

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:32 PM

Meanwhile in the USA:

“One online retailer witnesses an exponential increase in ammo sales as COVID-19 hits US.”

• Do One Dinosaur ©

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:32 PM

This toilet paper shortage doesn’t bother me too much. I normally wipe my bottom on a small furry animal like a bear or something similar …..

Raaaaaarrrggggghhhhhh

• RobLeenio

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:35 PM

geordiekris83
    Love it, if Ashley pisses him about he’ll deliver a swift left-right-uppercut combo to one of the FCB’s many chins.

😀

• RobLeenio

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:37 PM

Ah, now I understand why Droppy the dog walker isn’t too bothered about a lack of bog roll.

Bet the owners of the Chihuahuas he exercises aren’t too happy, mind….

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:42 PM

Do One Dinosaur

Genuinely laughed out loud at that.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:43 PM

Robleenio

I would never use a clients dog in such a way.

I train them to catch rabbits and squires instead.

• Munster Mag

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:44 PM

OLG, do me a favour and get this in one. I will continue to make comments on Rafa, Mke Ashley, Steve Bruce and Alien Invaders if I so deem fit. If you dont like it, go somewhere else. I will also object to people making disgusting anti Irish references such as C Dog did , in order to have a cut off me.

In the same way, if someone wants to shake hands and forget about it, that fine, with no more bad blood etc. I’m fine with that, and that includes C Dog.

• Jib

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:44 PM

Anyone tried wiping their arse on a frog?
    It’s quite sensuous

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:46 PM

DoD

Just don’t and pick a a giant porcupine by mistake!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:47 PM

droppy,

Squires, lots on Knights in your neck of the woods? 🙂

• welshgeordie9

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:47 PM

Do aliens exist?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:49 PM

Jib
    A friends son bought a S American tree frog cost him £80 so that would be an expansive way to wipe your *rse.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:50 PM

welsh

Absolutely!!

• Munster Mag

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:51 PM

From Anglo Saxon..

OK muster did not read all but I genuinely thought it was a history lesson, I have read about the atrocities on both sides, and its evil, but in all wars, these things happen me personally I could not do it. But you munster are making a big show of this trying to use it for your own game and I think the blog knows this.

Anglo, I genuinely wasnt trying to make anything of it re my own opinions on NUFC. If guys hate me on here, fair enough, but bringing in murder of catholic children in history to goad a guy, thats just no good enough. It wasnt a history lesson, it was just nasty.

But genuinely, no hard feelings Anglo, we’ll leave it behind us

• Munster Mag

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:52 PM

Droppy you’re some boy, fair play.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:54 PM

Squirrels not squires, this bloody phone man.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:56 PM

EGB

No idea where squires came from, I don’t think I’ve ever typed the word deliberately before.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:57 PM

I once tried to wipe my ar5e on a frog but it’s tongue got caught on my fly.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 3:58 PM

Munster

Thank you. Just glad he’s now got people around him.