web analytics

Asking Price Named For Dutch Sensation Newcastle Are Reportedly Tracking

Late last month, there was a report that Newcastle were interested in AZ Alkmaar forward Myron Boadu. The young striker has had a breakout season this term in the Eredivisie after a couple of injury-plagued campaigns.

Boadu just turned 19 in January but is already one of the leading scorers in the Dutch top flight. The Dutchman has already bagged 20 goals in his 39 appearances, including 14 in the league. Even more impressive is his 13 assists while playing exclusively as a center-forward.

His performances this season have captured the attention of some top clubs while raising his club’s valuation of him. According to a report in Voetbal4U, Alkmaar has set the bidding price for Boadu at £18m.

Myron Boadu– involved in 33 goals at Alkmaar

This fee has reportedly discouraged some Serie A clubs like AC Milan, Juventus, and Napoli. However, if no bidding war ensues, £18m could be a bargain for a player with such potential.

This is his first full season playing at the senior level. An ankle injury derailed his progress last season while he missed the entire 2017-18 season with a knee injury.

While fitness is a concern, the youngster has held up well this season, pushing Alkmaar to be level on points with Ajax at the top of the Eredivisie.

Boadu also made his first cap for the Netherlands in November and scored a goal on his debut. The 19-year-old is one to watch with the potential to become a special player.

• lesh

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:15 AM

Still chasing season ticket renewals are we?

We all know that when push comes to shove, many of the club’s reported targets prove to be too expensive.

It happens every year, always has and always will.

• simon376

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:15 AM

Just a Fan

I’m checking every day for cup tickets and starting to think they are hanging back until decided if games are behind closed doors or not

• RobLeenio

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:17 AM

Problem with a player like this young lad is that his head will be turned by one of the European powerhouses who’ll look to put him in their academy or send him out on loan.

Scoring a goal every other game in Holland doesn’t guarantee success in the Premier League, but it does point at consistency in front of goal, something which our strikers have really struggled with this season.

At 19, he’s not yet the finished article either – plenty of time for him to come to the Prem, learn how it works, adapt his game and be incredibly successful.

Sadly, not much chance we’ll be able grab a player like this one.

• Pain in the Blog

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:20 AM

coming home #9 last thread,

I disagree. Rafa viewed it as a project, Bruce as his dream job. That changes the emphasis a little in Bruce’s favour.

• Unused Substitute

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:28 AM

Dream for one and nightmare for a multitude.

• coming home

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:35 AM

Pain in the blog

Rafa had vision and goals for the club,
    Some fans didn’t like his style of play but I think everyone new he was ambitious and wanted to get us pushing the top 4/6.

Bruce is happy with what his superiors want for the club but obviously wants to do well
    I wish him luck but doubt he can get us to be a top 10 team.

• Unused Substitute

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:43 AM

JaFNW @ 12 (previous): although I agree with you in that Joelingon would have been far more useful under a different management, I’m not sure whether he would have appreciated under a different head coach or manager. Even a valuation of around £20M that Rafa thought would be reasonable for him, appears too high to me.

• Pain in the Blog

Mar 9, 2020 at 11:50 AM

coming home,

I’m not denying that. Just pointing out that it seems to be more than ‘just a job’ to him even if it is a disappointment to the rest of us. His motivation is right. Unfortunately, his ability falls short.

• coming home

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:00 PM

Pain in the blog

Fair point

• Just a Fat Neil Warnock

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:02 PM

youd have to assume hed have another couple of goals and he seems capable of creating goals and chances if he has players around him which he hasnt. so i think with another manager hed be worth twice what he is now. even dyche gets more chances for his attackers than we do. dyche! i never thought it was possible to make dyche seem like pep.

• welshgeordie9

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:02 PM

In Bruce we trust

• Just a Fat Neil Warnock

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:04 PM

joelinton wouldnt have gone up in value. id guess hed be worth 15-20m under a better manager. now wed be lucky to get 10m. i think hed come good if we moved into the 21st century with our manager choices.

• Ron Knee

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:07 PM

In ten years’ time they’ll be trying to sign up Mourinho.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:08 PM

Robleenio

Sensible point about this lad.

Shame because he’s mint on Fifa.

• coming home

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Warnock

In an age were you can barley get a championship left back for 10 million
    I think joe got to be worth 18-20 million and if we can find him a true position ( I think he would make a good centre mid ) then he could be worth 25 million just he’s not a striker

• martoon

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:20 PM

I’ve been on holiday and then been extremely busy since I got back so I’ve hardly posted but caught up with postings in the evening. It is quite interesting just to read posts for a while and the conclusion I’ve come to is that the average age of posters on here must be about 7 or 8 :mrgreen:
    I’m not trying to be holier than thou because I’ve been in many a petty spat myself over the years but I’ve made a resolution I’m going to try to avoid them in the future (for how long I don’t know).

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:25 PM

Martoon

He started it

Ha ha ha

• investinyouthtoon

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:27 PM

No real surprise. I imagine there would be a fair few more ie dubs schar miggy too who would want more than relegation battles to define their careers. That is unless the regime has suddenly changed their MO

• welshgeordie9

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:31 PM

Sir Steve Bruce, our best manager since Sir Bobby Robson.

• Munster Mag

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:35 PM

Just a Fat Neil Warnock

Mar 9, 2020 at 2:11 AM

It’s interesting c-dog said something appropriate but half the ire has been predictably redirected to Munster. Is there anything that’s not Munster’s fault? Can’t we come to terms with the fact he has a lower opinion of Rafa than most of us. Yes he probably rates Rafa too low, but some people probably rate him too high. It’s opinions.

…Cheers FNW, pretty accurate too.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:58 PM

You rate him the way you do, and let them rate the way they do. End of debate.

• Munster Mag

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:03 PM

Are you talking to me big boy ? Isnt it funny that if I dont rate him i get attacked on here for not going with the flow? But if I defend myself its not acceptable. Get stuffed.