On Monday, we found out the price for Dutch starlet Myron Boadu, heard from Floyd Mayweather about Newcastle United, and got the confirmation for our FA Cup final date, amongst other news.
Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.
- Our first article shares stats showing Jonjo Shelvey’s importance to the squad. It also reveals some details from the new contract he signed on Friday.
- Newcastle were linked with AZ Alkmaar’s exciting young striker Myron Boadu in late February. A new report came out claiming that the Eredivisie club have set the bidding at £18m for the 19-year-old.
- On Sunday, the Sun claimed that Steve Bruce was keen on bringing Middlesbrough’s Hayden Coulsten this summer for £10m. However, there were developments on Monday that Middlesbrough would knock back any attempts from Newcastle for the Gateshead born lad.
- Despite rising interest in budding superstar Allan Saint-Maximin, Newcastle remain confident that they’ll be able to retain the Frenchman this summer.
- We give our views on Newcastle’s current placement in the league as well our first FA Cup quarter-final since 2006.
- Our take on the surprise comments from boxer Floyd Mayweather where he teases interest in buying Newcastle United.
- Newcastle’s FA Cup quarter-final against Manchester City has been confirmed for the 21st of March and will postpone two of our Premier League fixtures.