web analytics

Report – Middlesbrough To Knock Back Newcastle Approach For Academy Product

Over the weekend, a report emerged that Newcastle were watching Middlesbrough’s Hayden Coulsen. Coulson is a left-sided player who can play at wing-back or further forward in midfield.

He was born in Gateshead and has risen through the Middlesbrough Academy to become one of their top performers this season. The report, which originated in the Sun, claimed that Steve Bruce had instructed scouts to keep tabs on the 21-year-old ahead of a possible summer move.

However, TeessideLive are reporting that Middlesbrough will knock back any approach for Coulson this summer. The player is rated highly and seen as vital to their future plans.

Newcastle were reportedly weighing up a £10m move for Coulson. However, he has just signed an extension to 2023 this past December. At the time, he said the following:

“I think I have played well this season with the opportunities I’ve been given.

“So to be rewarded with the contract – I’m over the moon to still be at the club and to be here for years to come yet.”

Middlesbrough have struggled in former Magpie Jonathan Woodgate’s first season in charge. They currently sit in 19th place perilously close to the drop zone.

However, Coulson has been a bright spot after breaking into the first-team this season.

While we’d prefer Jetro Willems would be brought in this summer, Newcastle may need another option on the left in addition to the Dutchman.

• Lindisfarne

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:43 PM

Danny Rose is hardly lighting up in the position and will struggle to ensure his national call up currently.

• #cans

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:51 PM

Lindisfarne, Agreed – He looks like he’s either unfit or can’t be arsed, there was a point in Southampton game where he was tackled in opposing half and barely made any effort to chase the player back into our half. It’s a shame as when we got him on loan I thought t was a really good deal for us.
    Bentelab has been pretty poor too and I’d say Lazarro is the only Jan loan that is so far working out

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:53 PM

Lindisfarne

Aye I think he’s got very little chance at all.

• Munster Mag

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:56 PM

Probably best to clear up a few things here for some of the less intelligent. There are also clearly some anti Irish posters who need a little steer

– I think the comment by C Dog about Cromwell and kids was deeply unpleasant, at any level. If you dont think that, you have problems.
    – I think the main reason I’m not liked on here is that I dont sing songs for Rafa. Sorry, but that’s my choice, even if some guys on here cant handle that narrative. Tough luck, its a free world, and just because you dont like me, you shouldnt sling filth like that around . There is clearly a connection between the bile some posters have for me, and the fact that I say things that you dont like about Benitez. Thats why I mentioned the two in the same context last night.
    – If a moron like Anglo thinks i hate the English, then he is sadly and stupidly mistaken. But it suits his anger levels, and no doubt a few fools like to think it too. I wont try to argue why it is so incorrect , because some of you are too stupid to listen , but suffice to say that I wouldnt be on an english football blog talking to some of the nicer and not so nice people here if I ” hated the english” . Apart from that I have two englsih brothers in law and loads of relatives born and bred over there and love them dearly. I’m fond of you lot in reality but I guess its easier for some loon on here to say “Munster hates us! !
    – As for OLG labelling me some sort of subversive, jeez dude, that sounds exciting but I’m just a bloke on a blog like you.

Anyway i guess best to park it there.

• Munster Mag

Mar 9, 2020 at 12:58 PM

Lindid, Rose has looked awful. I though he would be a super addition given his pedigree. Maybe he is just not fit in reality. I was looking at his running style/gait v southampton and it didnt look “right” ?

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:04 PM

Munter there’s a couple of fools on this blog but you are above all the biggest halfwit I have come across, now do us all a favour and P*SS OFF.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:09 PM

Jeez I’ve just read all of comment 4 somebody pass me the sick bowl.

• Just a fan

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:09 PM

I think muster is ok most of the time.the only slight problem I have with him is that he calls Rafa out which is fair enough but it gets a bit repetitive.toon 22 syndrome.
    He seems to get a lot unwarrented abuse.
    Irish jokes specifically aimed at him seem a tad irishphobic.is there such a word.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:13 PM

Anglo, Munster

Both of you need to just stop hurling insults and move past this.

Now are you going to play nice, or should I go get the popcorn and watch the madness unfold?

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:14 PM

JAF it’s not unwarranted mate he gets more abuse than anyone else on this blog because of his profanities towards others, don’t kid yourself.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:17 PM

Ok droppy I was enjoying the footy talk until the prick arrived, hopefully back to footy cheers mate.

• welshgeordie9

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:18 PM

What everyone on here needs right now is a hug from Welshie, so come you lot get in line.

Oh go on then jail, you can go first.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:23 PM

Pass. I have an aversion to hugging Welshmen that’s how rugby starts.

• RobLeenio

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:24 PM

I see only one aggressor here, and it ain’t Munster, though the use of words like ‘moron’ towards another poster is never going to calm a situation.

Some of the nonsense posted on here in the last few weeks is the exact reason I’ve been posting less, and I bet I’m not alone.

I come here to chat all things NUFC related. The fact that the majority of the chat at the moment is points-scoring and personal abuse / retaliation is directly harming Ed’s wonderful blog.

It’s easy to get caught up in the nonsense, but it’s even easier to stay out of it – just don’t say anything at all, or say something about the football club instead.

• carltoon

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:24 PM

Never watched the game Sat. but we did keep a clean sheet. So the back four must be doing ok. Think Rose might need a few more games to get up to speed.

• RobLeenio

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:25 PM

Good interview with Ritchie in the Shields Gazette. Seems genuinely delighted to have signed a new contract and excited for what the club can achieve in the next three years.

He needs to have less starts, but is a great player to have around the squad.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:28 PM

Robleenio

Very well said sir.

I’m still trying to be the Lama.

• hibbit

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:29 PM

RobLeenio you just did what your asking others not too, you took sides,

• welshgeordie9

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:29 PM

droppy

You right, I mean that player who grabbed alun wyn Jones balls, I mean whats that all about.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:30 PM

RobLeenio who might that be, come on don’t hide behind the couch shouting stand up and be counted be a man, give your observations, love to hear them.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:32 PM

Welsh

No idea, maybe he was checking to see if it’s true that rugby players have funny shaped balls.

• Munster Mag

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:37 PM

Hibbitt, on what planet blog do you think its acceptable to start throwing abuse at a poster using Cromwell and kids? I think most on here would find thats not cricket. Why shoudnt a smart moderate guy like Rob have an opinion ? I may dose out grief, but its largely becase I have been picked on fr years here. Obviously I can take grief or i wudnt be here, , but why should I, or anyone, have to listen to references like that by C Dog, happily supported by the likes of Anglo ?

• RobLeenio

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:38 PM

Not sure if anyone’s mentioned it, but today’s the anniversary of the Jordan Pickford meltdown match

Blow-by-blow breakdown of what unfolded in this article.

• Munster Mag

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:38 PM

Anglo, you asked for an opinion – what is your opinion on the comment made by C Dog ?

• Munster Mag

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:39 PM

A fine moment RobLeenio, hopefully more to come from Jason.

• TomaKaThor

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:42 PM

Why i only really post on match day usually, just boring pointless arguing on here the majority of the time, you would think they would have something better to do with there time… You would think

• hibbit

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:44 PM

Munster Mag
    show me were i supported the wum C Dog in any of my posts???
    i’ve not even seen the post as Neil took it down very quickly i believe,

****what i did find funny was the 2 biggest WUM’s on the blog having a spat,

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 9, 2020 at 1:45 PM

OK muster did not read all but I genuinely thought it was a history lesson, I have read about the atrocities on both sides, and its evil, but in all wars, these things happen me personally I could not do it. But you munster are making a big show of this trying to use it for your own game and I think the blog knows this.

• lesh

Mar 9, 2020 at 6:00 PM

Munster

@4, your opening words…..

‘Probably best to clear up a few things here for some of the less intelligent…..’

And you wonder why you get kickbacks? Try to be less provocative man!