web analytics

Friday’s News Roundup As The EPL And NUFC Suspend Operations

On Friday, we learned that the Premier League had suspended all matches until at least the first weekend of April due to the coronavirus. Newcastle United has also shut down their facilities indefinitely. If the league picks up again as planned, Newcastle will travel to Bournemouth on the 4th of April.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• There was a report that Newcastle approached and was turned down by Frankfurt manager Adi Hutter for the vacant head coaching position last summer.
  • Late Thursday evening, it was announced that Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta and Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi tested positive for the coronavirus. This was the catalyst for the Premier League’s decision to suspend the season.
  • During his morning press conference, Steve Bruce talked about the importance of supporters as he backed suspending matches rather than playing the games behind closed doors.

• The Premier League officially announced the suspension of all games until the 4th of April. The FA soon followed suit by suspending the FA Cup quarter-finals as well.
  • Bruce gave an injury update during his morning press conference. He disclosed the extent of Martin Dubravka’s knee injury as well as Ciaran Clark’s ankle surgery.
  • We put out the team that we thought Bruce would have selected for tomorrow’s match against Sheffield United had it not been postponed.

• There were some reports from Italy that Valentino Lazaro planned to return to Inter Milan in the summer even if Newcastle triggered his purchase clause.
  • Newcastle United made an official announcement that all football operations had been suspended and the players sent home with individual fitness plans.

• Do One Dinosaur ©

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:02 PM

First – 120 million tears before anyone else to be more precise

• Online Guy

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:03 PM

Bobbee

You said this

“What I said – try reading this s l o w l y, it might penetrate your ego that way, I ASKED ‘why do people, who contribute nothing think they deserve to have a say in how the club is run’? It wasn’t a statement, it was a genuine question because I don’t get where they’re coming from. ”

So Bob as you said that just clear it up for us

Is it your opinion that people who contribute nothing to Newcastle United , should not have a say on anything to do with Newcastle United .

Do I deserve a say in how the club is run ?

No hard feelings Bob just would like you to clarify with a yes or no .

Thanks .

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:05 PM

Wonder if Sky or similar will pick up the National league games.

Love to see a Heed stream, there’s a job for you tomorrow Jib.

• Online Guy

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:07 PM

Bobbeebe

You say I hearted my post before it appeared ..prey tell me how one can do that ..before a post appears .

I’m more concerned with the rattle coming from my Vincent to be concerned about hearting a post to the count of one !

After saying I hearted my own post ..what about the other 9 or ten to add to it ? Did I manage that somehow bob ?

Calm down Bob .. there’s a good Lad.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:09 PM

As for panic buying my son has been buying herbs and spices to concoct his own anti flu remedies.

I’ll put my faith in Echinacea as I always do.

• TomaKaThor

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:17 PM

I see Charlie Nicholas is talking nonsense, clearly hasn’t watched Saint Max and is just making comments based of what someone else has told him

I think because we got Saint Max rather cheap and nobody else was interested people expect him to be nothing but a headless chicken with no end product when he actualy has a good shot on him and he has also created more chances than people seem to realise.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:18 PM

geordietom

Azithromycin, the name makes me think it might be more of a fungal infection.

It (from what I’ve read) is used to treat intestinal tract diseases as well as others.

It’s possible (and this is just a thought ) that improving your gut flora might help you.

Having said that a healthy gut is a good thing for all of us.

• toon22

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:20 PM

Nows a great time for Jabba to sell the club
    Hes getting no adverts and his tat shops will be struggling
    If there was ever a time he would sell it would be now
    If the clubs not sold by this summer you can be sure he wont ever sell it while he has any say whatsoever

That means we shouldnt hear a thing about any sale if its real

Lets see what happens

• Online Guy

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:23 PM

Munster

See you singled me out for more abuse..its ok it’s ok

When you mentioned “mad” pertaining to Ham Radio I get the impression you think it’s something like cb radio …well it’s nothing like that .. heads up ..

The internet you use came from Ham Radio..JLB and his team of Radio hams invented Television ..Radio you listen to ..again came from Ham Radio..the cell phone you use…again from Ham Radio with our repeater station tech ..we had it 50 years ago using the uhf/vhf repeaters we assembled ourselves and implemented and built all the transceivers and receivers to facilitate that ..We have our own sattelites in orbit right now .. I speak with astronauts on the space station when they are over my horizon, all licenced radio hams ..theres exams to pass Munster..anyway Theres a lot more to it .

This post is just to be helpfull so don’t take it in the wrong way ..Ta !

Used to be City and Guilds 765 off top of my head , 2 papers covering electronics , maths , elecronic design principles and practice ..then there’s the 12 wpm Morse exam if you want the full class A tech licence . There’s a novice licence you can sit for ..theres a course for that then an exam but it’s a good way in .

Hope that enlightened. Not mad .

• lesh

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:23 PM

Online

What sort of Vincent you got?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:26 PM

Anglo

Reading about your illness you might have had a corona virus not necessarily the current one.

But if, for arguments sake, it is then it predates the China outbreak or, they’ve had it knocking around for some time and kept schtum about it.

The missus and I both had a particular nasty flu type illness just before Xmas as did a lot of people, wonder if it was the Covid-19, it’s getting into conspiracy theory territory though.

• lesh

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:26 PM

Essex

Channel 4 TV tonight….

‘How Healthy Is Your Gut?

Channel 4, 8pm

‘Sabrina Grant’s one-off film follows six volunteers suffering gut complaints as they try out a series of popular regimes to improve their health, from a “bone broth” diet to colonic hydrotherapy. And with gut problems costing British business around £3?billion a year, it’s a bloated issue’

• Jib

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:30 PM

John Logie Baird became a radio ham enthusiast years after he invented mechanical television in 1926 – OLSly you have a really weird view of history

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:31 PM

essex it was the lungs that threw me like a snow blizzard in both lungs all different sizes from one penny to two pennies in size she said I don’t know what the hell it is, but also don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:35 PM

blood coming out my Jon Thomas rear-end you name it scary mate.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:38 PM

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:40 PM

Geordie Tom

My favourite British reggae track, the lyrics are great.

Genj

If you’re about you’ll appreciate this track.

• lesh

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:43 PM

Geordietom

You seem to like your reggae…… not a rude boy we hope.

😉

• lesh

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:46 PM

OP

You’re a reggae buff. A rude boy, never…..

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:51 PM

Lesh

I listen to all genres.

Used to listen to reggae in my teens late 80s early 90s.

Lucky enough to get to Jamica with the army, was in the Royal Engineers.

Walked from one side of the island to the other over 6 weeks, stopping at villages, helped build a school, part of a hospital stuff like that.

Had 3 days in Kingston town for R and R before coming back.

Quite a cool bunch, excellent pick pockets, best in the world

Good trip for many reasons.

• Online Guy

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:54 PM

Team of Radio hams Jib ..read it again

JLB and his team of Radio hams .

Divvy.

• Online Guy

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:56 PM

Lesh it’s a knackered comet .

• Jib

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:56 PM

OP
    If you know Jamaica were you here ?

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:59 PM

Just seen a tweet.

• Munster Mag

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:00 PM

Tom is it called arithromycin?

• Munster Mag

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:01 PM

State of emergency in the U S. Bloody nora

• Online Guy

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:03 PM

Away for a pint .

Jib …behave !

You are awful but I like you .

• toon22

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:03 PM

droppy in Wallsend

Mar 13, 2020 at 8:59 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Without a trace

• Online Guy

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:04 PM

Munster

Good evening , I’m just off out .

Hope that info was well received ?

Be good. Bye.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:05 PM

Jib

Nah.

Went to a few of the nights, but nothing that big.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:05 PM

Droppy

That’s genius

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:10 PM

OP

It’s got to be worth a try.

• Oldgit1

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:15 PM

Grandson has just been informed that football have been postponed. Average att, is 5 parents

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:16 PM

How long will it take the players to lose match fitness?

They’ll obviously have programmes to stick to but we’re not all as driven as others, some will slack off.

Even without slacking off they’ll lose a certain amount of fitness, when and if it starts again will clubs get a warm up match or two before the league resumes?

Going full pelt after a month or two off could cause all sorts of soft tissue damage and injuries.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:17 PM

All form is out the window

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:21 PM

Lesh

Cheers I’ll have to watch it on catch up.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:24 PM

Anglo

That sounds as if it might have been terrifying, especially if they couldn’t put a name to it.

I take it you haven’t tried googling it, wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:27 PM

droppy

‘Maybe we should say that Coronavirus wants to buy NUFC, then it will disappear in no time.’

Naaah, not till it’s had a curry with Ashlie!

• Munster Mag

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:30 PM

OLG you nearly put me asleep but I’ll leave u off dude 🙂

• NY Mag

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:32 PM

Bill,

Maybe the curry will kill it off – if it’s hot enough 🙂

1 2 3 5