web analytics

Former Magpie Still Concerned About His Old Club Should Games Resume

Jose Enrique spent four eventful seasons at Newcastle. The Spaniard joined from Villareal in the summer of 2007 and ended up playing 129 times before departing for Liverpool in 2011.

He was part of the 2008-09 team that were relegated on the last day of the season at Aston Villa. However, Jose and many of his teammates stuck it out with Newcastle to help bring us straight back up the following season.

Jose Enrique– on the bottom of the pile after his only Newcastle goal

Newcastle are on 35 points in the 13th spot currently. A relatively comfortable place to be considering the likelihood that this season has seen it’s last games.

However, if the league does resume, the Magpies are still a couple of wins away from guaranteeing they remain in England’s top flight for next year.

The Chronicle have published some comments from our former left-back, who is hesitant to proclaim Newcastle are safe just yet:

“Well, you never know in the Premier League, I hope so (they avoid relegation).

“I hope they stay in the league when everything starts again.

“Obviously, it’s not enough until mathematically you are safe, you cannot trust anyone in football.

“Obviously, it’s good. Eight points is a good distance, but they have to keep going well when things get going again.”

Form is going to be an issue for some clubs if the league resumes. There’s never been anything like this where a season abruptly halts for months with a quarter of the games still to play.

There will be some teams that handle this situation well, but there could be others that just never find their rhythm.

Hopefully, if the league does resume, Newcastle can take care of business early on and not get dragged into a relegation scrap.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 23, 2020 at 3:51 PM

I don’t think he said that in the last two weeks, more than likely made after the Soton game.
    Btw I’ll spare the repost.

• Ron Knee

Mar 23, 2020 at 3:52 PM

It’s a hard life:

Paul Waugh@paulwaugh

Sale of alcohol will be banned in parliament too.

• catchy in norway

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:07 PM

Jail..

My trip seems to be still on, I got an email saying that I might be asked to stay on an extra week. Which of course I will.

Hope all is well with everyone on the blog. Stay safe

• Big Bruce Stars.

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:37 PM

Jib as Blog Contrarian I have to hand it to you for maintaining a robust standard even during testing times. Speaking of Testing though, I’m not sure your assertion that there are miniscule amounts of vehicles that have been detected that would veer off a road and plough into a family holds up. It’s just those little things you keep forgetting: FACT!s 🙂

I don’t suppose we will be expecting your research any time soon into how many test fail subjects were due to brake component problems, steering arm and linkage failures and of course that old chestnut the dangerous tyre (inflation, integrity & wear). And of course your projections on the chances of any families being affected by such vehicles being on the road unchecked. Cyclists, joggers, dog walkers, pedestrians, other motorists, that sort of thing.

A bit long winded to prove you are such a complete hole but it just felt necessary. You half wit.

• Big Bruce Stars.

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:38 PM

Haven’t been on in a while, been self-isolating from the blog for health reasons. And psychological reasons truth be told ha ha.

• Big Bruce Stars.

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:43 PM

I have to say that human nature has completely lived up to my expectations. While it’s true that individually people can be kind, thoughtful and unselfish, as a group, people are usually lower denomination – ignorant, stupid, thoughtless and utterly self-serving. Thanks go to those who at least try to be individuals, but it’s that majority crowd that will wipe us out one day 🙂

• Jib

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:52 PM

I wasn’t being contrarian but relying on knowledge which on research
    is obviously very dated.
    In fact the research was quite horrifying
    Apologies to Mr Tuff
    Sorry for being a hole and a half-wit

• toon22

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:54 PM

The Matty Longstaff saga continues – and with every day that goes by it seems more and more likely that he will depart St James Park.

The fact is Jabba simply dont care about the club, just what he can take from it

• toon22

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:56 PM

JIB

Maybe you could start your own blog
    Where you can dole out yer peals of wisdom to the ungrateful hordes
    As people here think your a gobshite who is paid to defend Jabba

• toon22

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:57 PM

Once he goes bust whats yer plans JIB ?
    Start your own PR firm, go shill for another company ?

Lets hope thats soon

• lesh

Mar 23, 2020 at 5:04 PM

If you’ve already seen this one, apologies.

Heard some advice on the radio last night, it said to have inner peace, that we should always finish things we start, and we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked through my house to find things that I’d started and hadn’t finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Whiskey a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srcipshins, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum. And two al bee hapee wilst in de instalation.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 23, 2020 at 5:05 PM

• Jib

Mar 23, 2020 at 5:07 PM

Mr Tuff yeah
    Sorry
    For the last 20+ years I’ve always had new cars
    I hadn’t realised things had got so bad

• geordietom

Mar 23, 2020 at 5:10 PM

toon22 …

could you start your own blog please , you could call it the one blog . then you can talk to yourself all day …