Today we found out that Steve Bruce hopes to keep Danny Rose beyond this season, heard from Jose Enrique about Newcastle avoiding a relegation scrap if the league resumes, and also learned that players are ready to play behind closed doors if necessary.
Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.
- A report claims Bruce hopes to make Danny Rose a permanent member of the squad this summer.
- Andy Carroll was due to return to action for Newcastle before the season was suspended. If the league cannot continue, has Andy done enough for a new deal?
- How will the transfer window be tested this summer if the season cannot be completed?
- With some elite clubs pursuing Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare, will Newcastle turn their attention to Hoffenheim’s Florian Grillitsch?
- As a club, Newcastle continue to take proactive measures to combat the spread of the coronavirus.
- Former Magpie Jose Enrique shares his concerns on whether Newcastle have done enough to avoid a relegation fight this season.
- A PFA executive says players understand that if this season resumes it will be with no supporters in the stands.