web analytics

Permanent Deals, Enrique’s Worries, and Empty Stadiums – Today’s News Roundup

Today we found out that Steve Bruce hopes to keep Danny Rose beyond this season, heard from Jose Enrique about Newcastle avoiding a relegation scrap if the league resumes, and also learned that players are ready to play behind closed doors if necessary.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• A report claims Bruce hopes to make Danny Rose a permanent member of the squad this summer.
  • Andy Carroll was due to return to action for Newcastle before the season was suspended. If the league cannot continue, has Andy done enough for a new deal?
  • How will the transfer window be tested this summer if the season cannot be completed?
  • With some elite clubs pursuing Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare, will Newcastle turn their attention to Hoffenheim’s Florian Grillitsch?
  • As a club, Newcastle continue to take proactive measures to combat the spread of the coronavirus.

• Former Magpie Jose Enrique shares his concerns on whether Newcastle have done enough to avoid a relegation fight this season.
  • A PFA executive says players understand that if this season resumes it will be with no supporters in the stands.

• JohnReese

Mar 23, 2020 at 7:58 PM

Thanks for the well wishes Carltoon, I’ll definitely be coming through it.

Agreed RE the Olympics, no good could come from going ahead with them. So many people in close proximity and that’s only including the athletes.

• cyprus

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:03 PM

John, Rob, Coming home and anyone else,

Stay strong boys. You’ll be alright.

• coming home

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:17 PM

Bobbybee

You have opened your self to ridicule for that post ( not by me ) but I have read all that what your talking and although I would love it to be true due to the sh!t that run this world but it is very unlikely to put it mildley

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:18 PM

Remember when I said earlier that 2018 I had the virus and in the hospital when they showed me scans of my lungs which were covered in white dots of different sizes well just got this.

• coming home

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:22 PM

Anglo

There is different strains of coronavirus
    Looks like you had one of the earlier stains

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:26 PM

dont know CH but that was 2018 Xmas day I was ill for 9 months so mine was even worse, I could tell it was the virus all the info was the same as I was having at the time. 2018 not 2019

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:28 PM

remember doctor when asked what is it she said don’t no.

• carltoon

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:32 PM

Coming home. I wish I could put up the video of my daughter’s friend struggling to breath. With a breathing mask over her face. But I agree I need calming down. But please take it seriously.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:37 PM

I thought Harvey was going to get a good deal for spilling the beans, instead he got Coronavirus, or did he?

• JohnReese

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:38 PM

Anglo

It does sound like you’ve had some strain of the same virus or something very similar. I’ve heard of a couple different viruses that gave a similar sort of honeycomb effect to the lungs.

Carltoon

That sounds awful, I really do wish her the best of luck and hope she can recover from where she’s at. Agreed people need to take it very seriously. Up here where I am I think I can safely say people aren’t. Apparently there was a near riot when the McDonald’s closed its doors.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:39 PM

Just watched bojo didn’t say covid said coronavirus.

• coming home

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:39 PM

Carltoon

Oh believe me I am taking it seriously

In 2010 my sister in law died of copd and I seen her in the hospital with the mask over her face and it’s hard to watch.

Still my point is keep calm and I will see you on the other side for sure

Keep safe

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:44 PM

Ok some good info from me re-water retention I take FUROSEMIDE to take water out my system 1a day I was taken up to 3 a day to clear water out my system yes at the time I thought I was drowning but it did the trick.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:45 PM

Bojo’s press conference was a damp squib.
    Obviously waiting for a couple of more “crowd incidents” before the block is put on. Cannot understand his delay.

• carltoon

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:47 PM

Of course we’ll come out the other side. Let’s hope it’s soon.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:56 PM

Carry on regardless, nothing to worry about

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:57 PM

They’ll wait until the last minute for lockdown ££££££

• carltoon

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:08 PM

OP of course it’s down to money. If you go to work at the hospital, make sure you wear protective gear.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:09 PM

Don’t know if anybody saw it but there was a report on Sky yesterday had me hopping. They were highlighting UK areas where the hospitals were/would be on the brink of collapse imminently. Cannot recall the exact phrase they used but it was something like “health desert” cannot remember exactly the first word but remember desert.

Probably not a deliberate poke at the NE but more an ill informed opinion from some dolt in London. We all know up here that our hospitals are fine and there are plenty of them. Obviously those knackers at Sky are not aware that folk from Northumberland can also use the facilities from the Newcastle Hospitals Group, North Tyneside and I think South Tyneside as well.
    More ill informed opinion.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:10 PM

Carltoon

I’m going to wear a plastic bag over my head too, a see through one, so I don’t fall and hurt myself.

• carltoon

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:17 PM

Ha ha great idea. Be careful, not the best place to be working at this time, but I understand you go where the work is. My dad was a bricklayer. He was retired a few years a died of a massive Asthma attack. Choked to death like they are now. Terrible way to die.

• NY Mag

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:18 PM

Mr T,

I saw that yesterday on sky news, I noticed they called out NE/Yorkshire as one of these so called deserts

• Mister Tuff

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:19 PM

OP – what are the lads on your site doing to protect themselves. Any difference between those employed by big outfits and the self employed, smaller outfits.

Think it was about a year ago I had some mass sanding to do of all the doors in our house – never been correctly painted for years. Knowing that old paint was based on lead I ordered a whole load of face masks. Sorted.
    But it wasn’t really – inhaling was ok but when I exhaled the exhaust breath exited via the top of the mask and steamed up my specs so I couldn’t see what I was doing.

• carltoon

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:21 PM

Served in the Navy during the war in the Atlantic convoys. And never spoke about it. Was as fit as anything with working outside. So I know how hard a job it is. For you. Winters were terrible.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:22 PM

NY – couple of our hospitals are world leading . the Freeman in Newcastle and the RVI with its’ association with world class scientists/researchers from Newcastle Uni.

Consultants and registrars from all the hospitals work in all the hospitals.

• carltoon

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:24 PM

OP plastic bags, that’s all the nurses and doctors have.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:26 PM

might read better – have surgeries in hospitals they are not based at.

• carltoon

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:27 PM

We have got amazing hospitals. Also the research we do is world renowned. Let’s hope we protect them.

• NY Mag

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:30 PM

mr T,

I’m not doubting the quality of NE hospitals. I think sky’s criteria was number of critical care beds versus area population (area they serve)
    Anyway, not saying sky were correct, just saw the report and noted it.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:34 PM

Tuff/Carltoon

Washing hands, not working in groups, sitting in cars for bait.

Just been messaged saying the company I sub contract to is pulling us all from site.

I’ll bell the hospital job in the morning.

We don’t get sick or holiday pay, try and claim it you get blacklisted.

Haven’t looked but not expecting any help from the government, so got to may hay even if the sun ain’t shining.

I actually enjoy my job, challenging and hard graft.

• jane

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:34 PM

also Cramlington is the first specialist emergency care hospital in the UK i believe.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:34 PM

Make hay

• NY Mag

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:39 PM

OP,

I hope everything works out OK for you mate.
    I think in this particular instance you may get help from the government (although, I’m not an expert on such things)

• Uncertain Toon/World

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:41 PM

Has someone hacked Bobbybee?

• Uncertain Toon/World

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:42 PM

And I don’t mean his blog account, has someone actually hacked Bobbybee?!!!

• Mister Tuff

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:48 PM

OP – thanks for that – interesting. Do you think they’ll pull the plug totally on building sites.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:55 PM

NY – my perhaps partisan viewpoint is based on repeated news items over the years from various news outlets where something bad/nasty has happened and the press turn up in the Toon to interview the public for their news piece despite the bad/nasty incident having absolutely no connection to the Toon.

• IrishRob

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:57 PM

Who thinks the guy in the picture on the previous thread looks like an old Clinton Morrison

• NY Mag

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:58 PM

Mr T,

Fair enough mate…I am observing from afar. So don’t really have any current ‘local’ knowledge.