web analytics

Ashley’s Shame, Strikers To Leave, And An Update On Martin – Today’s News Roundup

Today we learned just how low Mike Ashley will go, discussed Newcastle’s striker situation this summer, and heard about how Martin Dubravka is faring, amongst other news.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• Achraf Lazaar labels a report that he regrets his move to Newcastle as ‘fake news.’
  • Mike Ashley’s Fraser Group tries to keep stores open despite the UK government shutting down all non-essential businesses.
  • There are increasing reports that Danny Rose will be targeted for a permanent transfer this summer.

• An update on injured goalkeeper Martin Dubravka and how he is coping during the coronavirus crisis.
  • A poll on which on loan leftback Newcastle should pursue this summer.
  • A reader sent us this informative video on the coronavirus.

Which On Loan Left Back Should Newcastle Pursue This Summer?

• Jetro Willems (52%, 600 )
  • Both (28%, 318 )
  • Neither (12%, 137 )
  • Danny Rose (8%, 95 )

Total Voters: 1,150

Loading ... Loading ...

• carltoon

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:11 PM

OLG is that Elvis Costello playing guitar

• Munster Mag

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:17 PM

Evening all. Carltoon, hope all OK with you, and geordie Tom.

• Munster Mag

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:19 PM

With the boys from the mersey and the Thames and the Tyne…

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:19 PM

OLG

Love Lucinda since saw her on BBC dueting with Mary Chapin Carpenter 1993 with young Gurf Morlix on guitar “Sweet Old World”

Voice was sweeter back then

• carltoon

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:20 PM

Yes I’m fine just staying indoors it’s going to be a struggle but it’s got to be done. Hope you are keeping your mam safe.

• toon22

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:22 PM

JAF

Email JIB and ask him if we have been sold yet

• Munster Mag

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:23 PM

Met elvis Costello in Ireland years ago. Quirky guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:23 PM

I’m a sucker for a sweet song beautifully sung

• The mighty wyn

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:24 PM

Thanks carltoon it’s just really frustrating having expected to be able to go straight back in
    You make sure you stay safe and well

• welshgeordie9

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:25 PM

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool. I gave him a glass of water.

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:30 PM

Anyway not to drag Blog down too much step it up a little with band probably no one on here has heard of but I was just thinking of “the long road we are travelling alone” right now

Stay strong and help keep family and others safe as we can

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:34 PM

Sorry

Inspired by Tuff’s recent contributions meant to post this Playing For Change song covering perhaps my favourite Grateful Dead song from American Beauty “Ripple”

• Online Guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:34 PM

Could not leave this one ..fun !

Local lad !

• carltoon

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:41 PM

OLG loved Sting and Shaggy

• Mister Tuff

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:43 PM

Magscar – if you like a romantic love song here’s a one for you. Brief intro explaining the Playing for Change set up.
    Song is sung by Grandpa Elliott and is called “Sugar Sweet” -sung from the heart.

• RobLeenio

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:48 PM

The Wife, I could have sworn you told me ages ago that Newcastle were your second team. Apologies if I’m wrong.

I don’t think I am, though…..

😉

• RobLeenio

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:51 PM

Just spoke to my Mum – she went off into town yesterday on the bus, because she had an appointment at the dental hospital and thought it might be on. Seeing as she was early, she went to M&S, had a shop and went for lunch.

She then went to the hospital, found out her appointment was cancelled and came home on the bus again.

She’s not taking this thing seriously and I’m terrified for her.

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:54 PM

Tuff

Nice one – relaxing. Reminded me in a strange way of a soulful Seasick Steve ?!

• Online Guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:00 PM

Munster

Here’s one for you and a hadshakefrom me mate.

• Online Guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:00 PM

• beermonkey

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:00 PM

munster

did he have small hands

• Online Guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:01 PM

Carltoon

Aye ..I was going to mention Elvis seems to hitch a ride on a lot of songs .

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:03 PM

Rob

I know – my spinster Aunt is 85 with serious medical problems but is still fit and is always on bus into Shields centre for a “few bits and pieces” Up until last night she was seemingly determined to stick with the lifestyle but just take little more care.

According to family up there she is now quite subdued at the enormity of what we are all having to do. It’s so sad as living alone without any technology she will struggle to cope I fear. Family doing what they can from a little distance and popping round n with meals but she wouldn’t be able to manage even a smartphone and has no wifi.

• Online Guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:05 PM

Magscar

#48

Well found .

My ears have had a sublime workout.

• Online Guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:06 PM

Carltoon

Shaggy loves the Geordies !

• The Wife

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:08 PM

RobLeenio,

I never said you were wrong, HAHA! 😉

The backstory is…I became friends with a guy in England, kind of like a pen pal (but through the web, obviously), years ago, way before I ever met Neil. Jon is from Essex, works in London and he supports Spurs. Back then, I didn’t really know much about the Premier League. So I adopted his team as my own.

I kept up with Tottenham by chatting with Jon and watching dodgy streams online (I didn’t have the best cable package, so I didn’t get any PL games on TV). They weren’t that great a team back then, tbh, lol. Jon called them “a sleeping giant”.

Then later on I met Neil, so of course I was shown the light with Newcastle. 😉 I wish you all could have seen Ed’s face when I first met him and Neil’s mom and Neil told them that I was a Spurs supporter. Ed lit up like a Christmas tree, thrilled to have an opportunity to talk footy. Alas, I was soon lost, because I didn’t have the extensive history or knowledge of any of it.

So, it’s true – I still have a place in my heart for Spurs, but Newcastle is #1.

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:21 PM

OLG

Been a fan of Tift Merritt for years and often play that video of her with Someone Dinnerstein – 2 contrasting songs but wow

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:23 PM

The Wife

Hmmm so you have a thing for guys who are fans of sleeping giants 😉

• NY Mag

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:25 PM

Magscar,

It’s good to see you back posting…..a lighthouse in the ocean of disparity 🙂

• Online Guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:28 PM

The Wife

I can’t help from thinking , time to time , that it’s like meet the Fockers over there
    with Ed as De Niro ..and you the female version of Gaylord Focker .

Ed De Niro Harrison . “So your a Spurs supporter are you ? ” hmmm ..gonna have to watch this one ..24/7 surveillance… ” Neil ! ..what you done !

Have you checked out his basement ?

• Online Guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:29 PM

Magscar

Just beautiful .

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:36 PM

NY Mag

Cheers dipped in couple of days ago and don’t think I have made a football post!!

Turning a bit like old times earlier today but I have stayed clear of it – can’t be doing with negativity and rucks at this time just need a little chat from outside these 4 walls.

Hope you and loved ones are keeping well and safe. I recall you live in NY state as opposed to the Big Apple so hopefully are away from the worst of it at present and for future weeks

• Online Guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:37 PM

For the duration of the lockdown I propose Ed’s site here to be multi purpose people friendly to All subjects ..but to be primarily Football and music and all things that matter .

Jail ..cept for Horticultural ..thats banned .

Oh and the flat earth lot ..nee way .

• The Wife

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:37 PM

OLG,

I’ve never seen “Meet the Fockers”, but I think I get your meaning. In any case, Ed doesn’t have a basement. 😀

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:42 PM

OLG@73

🙂

There’s a lot of column inches to be filled but lines have to be drawn. I’m usually a Bobbybee fan but he had me flummoxed with his post yesterday (I think) – days can slowly merge into one another with this self isolation

• Online Guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:43 PM

The Wife

It’s a good fun film ..two family’s come together to create something memorable.

I won’t spoil it for you.

You must watch it.

• NY Mag

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:45 PM

Magscar,

I am indeed away from it….as best as I can (both the blog vitriol and the virus)

The secret in both cases is ‘distancing’ ……..if someone makes a derogatory comment – ignore them, once anyone replies, it escalates.

• Online Guy

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:53 PM

Just found out that Son in law has had coronavirus .. my eldest daughter was Ill same symptoms ..two Grandkids had symptoms ..but this was all before Christmas .. Doc just confirmed yesterday that Son in law had it .. I seen him at the time ..you know, Christmas .

He was bloody ill mind but he thought it was bad Flu, we all did .

I do recall my daughter looking very pale .. sick , dizzy , upsetting .

Looks like they are well through it ..been and gone. So don’t worry to much folks .

Somethin’ wicked this way comes .

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:53 PM

NY Mag

Good call – in my youth (69 and younger) got caught up in some scraps on here for best of reasons but they wear you down

Now at 70 years going am going to try and avoid circuitous disputes and stay chilled.

Managed for 3 days now I think.did reference shills just once earlier but think I got away with it 🙂

Then again many skip past me.

Think I had a first as well – a blocked post no less but not for swearing – not my style

Mar 24, 2020 at 11:56 PM

OLG

How does Doc know? One of the antibodies tests?

Unless been in Wuhan timings all wrong – strange