web analytics

Ashley’s Shame, Strikers To Leave, And An Update On Martin – Today’s News Roundup

Today we learned just how low Mike Ashley will go, discussed Newcastle’s striker situation this summer, and heard about how Martin Dubravka is faring, amongst other news.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• Achraf Lazaar labels a report that he regrets his move to Newcastle as ‘fake news.’
  • Mike Ashley’s Fraser Group tries to keep stores open despite the UK government shutting down all non-essential businesses.
  • There are increasing reports that Danny Rose will be targeted for a permanent transfer this summer.

• An update on injured goalkeeper Martin Dubravka and how he is coping during the coronavirus crisis.
  • A poll on which on loan leftback Newcastle should pursue this summer.
  • A reader sent us this informative video on the coronavirus.

Which On Loan Left Back Should Newcastle Pursue This Summer?

• Jetro Willems (52%, 600 )
  • Both (28%, 318 )
  • Neither (12%, 137 )
  • Danny Rose (8%, 95 )

Total Voters: 1,150

Loading ... Loading ...

• The Wife

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:05 AM

magscar,

Sorry about your missing post. There are some filters on the blog that *try* to curb the political talk, since it’s a subject (much like football) that people feel strongly about and things can get heated and out of hand on here. Of course, a few have figured out how to say T*ump and B*ris without their posts getting dinged.

• Online Guy

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:08 AM

Carltoon

You know that post you made when you talked about the Atlantic convoys ?

Well you didn’t say yer dad was on them !

You said ” I was in the Navy as a young conscript during the second world war 1945 on the Atlantic Convoys

It was bloody freezing , horrible ! .

From that I got to thinking if you were 20 ish then it would make you about 95 years old .

In fact I was just thinking to myself while having a coffee at breakfast this morning ” Carltoon must be the oldest living female Newcastle fan ..the club has to give her something in recognition.

Tee hee

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:10 AM

Magscar,

Needless to say, I wish you and your family well.
    Keep posting mate….I enjoy reading it 🙂

• Online Guy

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:10 AM

Then i thought

They didn’t let Wimmin in the Navy on ships back then so then I thought maybe you had dressed up as a Blokey to gerron board ?

• Online Guy

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:13 AM

Chores to do

Might be back .. all the best of health to everyone.

• RobLeenio

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:13 AM

I knew it! Switching allegiances, some might accuse you of being a glory hunter, but in Spurs and NUFC you’ve probably chosen to support the two most frustrating, under-achieving teams in the World.

You’re obviously a glutton for punishment, like the rest of us and I’m pleased you’re in it with us all.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:16 AM

NY – any panic across there. Widely reported over here today that NYC will become the epicentre of the virus. Any exodus of the urban dwellers hitting the sticks.

• Online Guy

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:19 AM

N.Y. mag

Ashleys name is dirt throughout the country this day.

For those in his employ not on zero hour contracts he did not want to pay them for being at home

And for his rundown, poor, zero hour contract employees in the Shirebrook warehouse he is making them work ..regardless if they spread the death bringing coronavirus among themselves

Evil uncaring greedy B’astard .

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:22 AM

The Wife

I purposefully avoided the names but used an acronym . No matter it wasn’t of great interest an in the moment response to Rob Knew I think . Could be I didn’t press submit I suppose but I’m getting a juvenile kick out of being censored 😉

• The Wife

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:23 AM

Mister Tuff,

I read/saw/heard today that people leaving NYC to try to get away from the virus must self-isolate for at least 7 days when they get to wherever they are going.

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:24 AM

Goodnight all

Stay sane and safe

• Mister Tuff

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:39 AM

The Wife – was reading earlier that the Chief Constable of one of the Welsh Police Forces said they were going to stop all camper vans and caravans on the main road from England to Wales – presumably then turn them around.
    Apparently over the weekend all our beauty spots in Northumberland were full to the brim. And a historic house called Cragside (Home of Lord Armstrong -first house in the world to be lit by hydro electric power) was closed down.
    Local supermarket in the town of Rothbury was cleaned out by the toonies.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:46 AM

OLG you have a vivid imagination. Which you let run riot.

• The Wife

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:52 AM

Mister Tuff,

I wish people could just listen and do what they’re told sometimes. It’s like that here as well. We’re a country where a good portion of the population think they’re special and the rules don’t or shouldn’t apply to them. Social media has cultivated a generation of some of the most narcissistic and selfish people I’ve ever seen. It’s embarrassing, really.

• JohnReese

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:54 AM

I’m not even sure how many days of isolation I’ve had now but I’m going insane. I don’t know how some people can spend all their time sitting in the house watching TV.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:57 AM

Morning all

A bit late clocking in but must say that there’s been some good music posted over the last few hours.

Who’s this Magscar? Eh? Coming on here with his different stuff, …… keep it coming.

And, Online’s decided to show his face – where ya been, looking fa Betty rolls?

However, Ashley’s done himself proud and we can but hope that he gets his comeuppance sooner rather than later.

On theme, I saw this guy in the Civic Centre of all places back in the 90s I think. The gig was a bash put on to celebrate the merger of two public sector unions. The man and his band were mind blowing and whilst there was booze, the essential ingredient was missing!

Anyway, a song for Ashley

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:00 AM

The Blogs handy for keeping you entertained , or you want to get your aggregation out ya system. Ha ha not too good for your blood pressure.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:05 AM

Aggression out

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:09 AM

Carltoon

Here’s one you can dance to…..

• Mister Tuff

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:09 AM

The Wife – lot of mischief with social media. Governments are going to crack the whip with the big tech companies.
    Over here there was a poll -cannot remember the subject (an English/British issue) – but anyone can start one and if there were over 100,000 followers the subject has to be debated in Parliament.
    Later research showed loads of followers were from Russia, China and places in the Sahara Desert.
    Making a mockery of the whole thing.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:11 AM

also – true debate no longer exists – partisan views prevail – so no point really.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:12 AM

Just read. People who bite their nails have a stronger immune system, so Newcastle United fans should be ok then.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:14 AM

opinion I suppose -in sport – keeps the principle alive.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:18 AM

And this one, I thing’s gobsmacking

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:21 AM

Carltoon

Many of us have bitten down to the elbows thanks to Ashley

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:21 AM

Lesh, I love to dance, it’s my form of exercise. I dance every day.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:25 AM

Tuff

Well, ah blame aall them foreigners mesell

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:28 AM

Carltoon

Anglo mentioned Zydaco music earlier, you mentioned dance…… a marriage made in heaven – you and dance that is!!

• dig-n-dig22

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:28 AM

OLG Atlantic convoys

My father in law was in the Merchant Navy in WW2, He told me about the time he missed his train to Liverpool to connect with his ship because he had an extra pint, he later found out his ship was sunk about 2 days out of Liverpool,
    with all hands lost !. But for that extra pint, I wouldn’t have married his daughter..

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:36 AM

And it’s good night from him….. err me , err them

Sadly, there’s only two of ’em left

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:39 AM

Dig n dig, my dad was on a Merchant ship as a gunner I think they called DEMS . I was told not by him he never spoke about it that he was sunk once. I know for definite that he was swept of the ship by a wave then swept back again.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:39 AM

dig-n-dig22

That’s life… ‘sfunny how things work out for the good yet there’s still bad bustards walking this earth.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:40 AM

carltoon

See @110

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:46 AM

Lesh, when I was young with long dark hair, some bloke give me that record, by Kris Kristofferson. I loved it. unfortunately he was married so didn’t stand a chance. them were the days.

• The Wife

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:52 AM

I’m off, it’s been a long day. You’d think working from home would be a bit more relaxed, but (for me, at least) it just means I log in the moment I wake up, and I continue to check my work email long after dinner. :-/

Good night, everyone. Stay safe and take of yourselves.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:52 AM

Dig n dig they were lucky to survive them conveys, my dad’s trips were to Canada.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:53 AM

Goodnight the wife stay safe

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:55 AM

carltoon

Aye, Kristofferson’s written some lovely stuff. Mind, it sounds like you’ve fallen on your feet when fate guided you away from the married smooth talker.

Stay happy, or at least try.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:56 AM

The Wife

Take care and best to you all.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 1:58 AM

Ah Lesh to be young again. I was such a good girl.