web analytics

Signing This Player In Summer Will Give Newcastle Some Real Class

Valentino Lazaro (what a name!) turns 24 today, and of the three players we have had on loan since January, he has looked the best player.

He has provided some real speed, skill, and class down the right-wing, and as he played more games, he was producing some good crosses into the middle and scored a goal too.

That was in the 3–2 win over West Bromwich Albion to secure a place in the quarter-finals of the FA Cup.

Whether we can play that game now remains hugely uncertain.

You can never really tell, but Valentino from his comments seemed to love life at Newcastle, and he will have other offers this summer.

He is also popular with the Geordie fans.

Newcastle have an option to buy Lazaro for £20M, so he’s not cheap – but we think he would be good value.

He has played 28 times for Austria with 3 goals, and he’s played for all the Austrian Youth sides starting at U16.

We’d love to see him signed this summer – he is still young and can improve, and he’s also a better player in his position than we have at the moment.

That’s what Steve Bruce wants, and maybe three or four top players brought in this summer can help improve the side immensely.

That’s the hope anyway.

🙂

What do you think?

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:05 PM

I like him I think giving a good run of games on the right wing I think he would prove to be premiership class not at wing back though! Conte likes a wingback as well and possibly thought he could convert him into one

I suppose one of the dangers is that when the premiership does eventually start back up a lot of owners (ours included) decide to do a bit of austerity measures and keep the TV money……

• carltoon

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:09 PM

That goes without saying, our owner, I’m sure will try recoup any money’s he loses through this terrible time.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:16 PM

When the postman delivering a parcel to your house or the deliveryman delivering foodstuffs to your home exclaims to you on the doorstep “I’m bursting can I use your bog” you will say “no bother mate come in – I admire what you are doing – can I knock you up a quick breakfast whilst you are here”.
    Politicos STFU.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:21 PM

Carltoon

Seems strange, I’ve sent him a message on WhatsApp.

See how he is.

• lesh

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:26 PM

Tuff

Does reference to a certain lady offend you when negative comments about Abbot are ok?

Are you really as selfish as you seem?

• lesh

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:28 PM

OP, Carltoon

Let’s hope Gengik’s ok and the worst that’s happened is that he can’t access the web.

• toon22

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:30 PM

Nice to see Jabba thinks his shops are essential
    Asking his staff to go to work even though they are closed
    Pure human garbage
    Let’s hope it’s due to him being on the verge of bankruptcy

• RobLeenio

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:32 PM

lesh “The Wife seems to have black and white blood coursing through her veins!”

I seem to remember she supports one of the London clubs. Spurs?

Controversial, I know – but I do think we’ve been doing a canny job of splitting her loyalties at least

😉

• toon22

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:32 PM

Let’s hope those 0 hours contracts he so loves ends him
    Would be ironic if his own greed caused his down fall

• Mister Tuff

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:33 PM

lesh – do you support your leader who has point blank refused to isolate despite him being over 70.

Do you support Ian Lavery – who was recorded a few days ago telling party activists this period of the virus will be a great opportunity to establish themselves.

What about the stitch up of Trevor Phillips by the faceless Momentum trots who have infested the NEC.

• Ron Knee

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:38 PM

An anonymous employee told PA that Sports Direct full-time shop staff are also being told they have to work in-store despite the closures in order to receive their wages, “doing tasks they deem as essential such as valuations for stock and web orders”. They said:

Part-timers are out of work now and we have no idea whether we can claim anything because technically they are still open.

Another worker, who also wished to remain anonymous, said they have been with Sports Direct since they were 16, adding that their partner is also employed by the company. They told PA:

I cuddled a scared and confused five-year-old to bed last night knowing that his mum and dad could risk potentially bringing in the virus for the sake of some fitness equipment.

The worker added that the company has not provided protective equipment and only recently heeded physical distancing advice. (Grauniad)

• Jib

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:40 PM

Mr Tuff
    You tell lesh to shut up with his politics
    The go on a political rant
    Are you a bit simple ?

• Assassins Inc

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:40 PM

Get this kid signed, get his Austrian team mate for midfield, get well English Isles, get Ashley the fcuk out of the club.
    Ashley is like the English version of Mr Burns from the Simpsons, will do anything to fcuk over anyone he can. What a true piece of shite you are Ashley.

• lesh

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:42 PM

RobLeenio

If The Wife’s blood’s not black n white yet, she’s putting on a pretty good show. Maybe she’s seen the Sperz for what they are or her terms and conditions have been redefined!

🙂

I wish I cared

• carltoon

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:45 PM

OP just seen a tweet, I’ve DM him

• toon22

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:46 PM

If he could temp lay off those ppl
    And get 80% back he would
    Maybe someone should contact their local MP and complain about his actions
    See if we can’t get the government involved

• carltoon

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:46 PM

Think he might be isolating from the blog.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:47 PM

Jester Jib – stop trying to divert attention from yourself.
    What time can we expect your blog apology.

• toon22

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:47 PM

JIB

Lowest of the low , human garbage
    Your honesty going to defend him still ?

• lesh

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:48 PM

Mister Tuff

How many times do I have to spell out that I am NOT a fan of Corbin and can I say that I am definitely not a fan of Lavery or Momentum.

I deplore greed, exploitation and radicalism in politics. Some would say that’s being humane.

• lesh

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:51 PM

Jib

@12

Well spotted that man.

😉

• lesh

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:52 PM

Correction

@22

*radicalism = racism.

• DaveD1000

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:55 PM

Piers Morgan
    If your company is remaining open with no good public health reason to do so, and making you go to work against Govt. orders, let me know. Need to expose the bosses putting money before lives.
    1:14 PM · Mar 24, 2020·TweetDeck
    2.6K
    Retweets

• lesh

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:58 PM

Tuff

Your recent posts have made me reflect on my surprise at the fact that you seem to like Playing for Change bands and their songs.

PfC bands are multi-racial but in the main do reworks of music generated by white bands or bands that play to the white market.

• RobLeenio

Mar 24, 2020 at 2:59 PM

Just as a counterpoint to Ashley’s money-grabbing antics, while he’s busy increasing prices, forcing his employees below the poverty line and driving the priorities of his business roughshod over the actual National best interest, an Irish equivalent of Sports Direct O’Neills has changed production to Nurses’ scrubs.

• lesh

Mar 24, 2020 at 3:00 PM

DaveD

Piers Morgan’s spotted an opportunity to try to establish some credibility.

• toon22

Mar 24, 2020 at 3:00 PM

Sports Direct factory staff claim they are STILL being forced to work despite boss Mike Ashley closing all UK stores after criticism for hinting employees were key workers in coronavirus crisis

Labour MP Jess Phillips agreed that the firm is ‘not essential’, tweeting: ‘Massive mugs notwithstanding there is nothing people cannot live without in Sports Direct.

Nice to see some PMs on the case already, he will love that

• toon22

Mar 24, 2020 at 3:02 PM

RobLeenio

Its just another example of a guy who hasnt a clue
    He could have turned this around in a similar fashion even made money from it
    But as per usual he reverts to type
    He is pure human garbage

• toon22

Mar 24, 2020 at 3:03 PM

What it does show is the guy and his tat shops are in trouble
    Hope he ends up in prison

• lesh

Mar 24, 2020 at 3:05 PM

Froggy

I hope you washed your hands a number of times after posting that Daily Mail article. It’s interesting that the DM should publish such a piece and I was surprised.

• Bills Son Is Back

Mar 24, 2020 at 3:08 PM

lesh,

I’ll do a deal with you 🙂

I’ll believe the one time you’ve said you aren’t a Corbinn supporter…

If you believe the umpteen times I’ve said I’m no Ashley supporter.

• lesh

Mar 24, 2020 at 3:22 PM

Bill’s

You’ve got a deal. A virtual elbow nudge to seal it?

• Mister Tuff

Mar 24, 2020 at 4:04 PM

lesh – that is below the belt – your veiled implication that my PFC song suggestions are from a racist. You have stooped to a new low.
    Do you mean the Buddy Guy song – Skin Deep – black guy singing about racism
    or the Bob Marley song.

Or me saying the black Dutch guy Clarence Bekker is the best singer I’ve heard for 20 years.

Man – a new low.