web analytics

Isolation Fitness, Morgan Blasts Ashley, And The Longstaffs Switch Agents – Today’s News Roundup

Today we saw a detailed report about how Newcastle’s players are keeping fit, heard Piers Morgan’s thoughts on Mike Ashley’s shenanigans, and found out Sean and Matty Longstaff were seeking new agents.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• Federico Fernandez talked to the club’s website about what he’s doing while the season is suspended.
  • Has Nabil Bentaleb done enough to earn a permanent Newcastle deal?
  • Piers Morgan blasts Mike Ashley over his actions during the government lockdown of non-essential businesses.
  • Augsburg’s Philipp Max could be an astute summer signing. Are Newcastle still interested in the 26-year-old?

• The National League has petitioned the FA to cancel the remainder of this season. What effect could that have on the EFL?
  • There could be some good news with the Longstaff brothers as they are looking to change agents.
  • Miguel Almiron donated hand sanitizer to two hospitals in his native Paraguay.

Which On Loan Left Back Should Newcastle Pursue This Summer?

• Jetro Willems (52%, 600 )
  • Both (28%, 318 )
  • Neither (12%, 137 )
  • Danny Rose (8%, 95 )

Total Voters: 1,150

Loading ... Loading ...

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:14 PM

OLG I wasn’t bothered, I know your only joking. Tramp no crushes please I’m an old woman. OLG knows that. Don’t you hinny. I’m a nice old woman though. ha ha. And I know everything about football.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:16 PM

OG, thinking back to Sunday when jib was frightening the living daylights out of carltoon Lesh saw it so did I, maybe it has summit to do with that incident, worth looking into. Might be barking up the wrong tree but worth a look.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:20 PM

Anglo Saxon

Appreciate what you’re saying. The alarm bells should really go when the answer to a simple glass of wine question is ‘Just a half’

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:22 PM

No Jib, had always been ok with me. I don’t always agree with everything he says. I just like being able to read and post as I’ve no one to talk football with. I’m just pleased I’m accepted into our blog world. I don’t mind talking about anything or listening to the music ha been a relevation. So as long as no one minds a woman’s perspective I’m ok with that.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:23 PM

Anglo Saxon

@42

I don’t think there’s any particular incident with Jib. Today’s snipe at OLG was his first post of the day. He’s just a troublesome narcissist and needs help.

Anyway enought

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:25 PM

Carltoon you’re a sweetie.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:25 PM

carltoon

Mind you? Don’t be daft, you’re one of sane posters and your chat’s always a pleasure to read.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:26 PM

Revelation

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:26 PM

carltoon

Hope you’ve got your dancing shoes on for the nightshift.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:26 PM

Lesh my mate takes drinking to another level.

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:27 PM

Lesh,

There’s never any point in an ongoing feud….it’ll continue (and probably escalate) tomorrow.

The only way for it to stop, is for one party to step back and not respond.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:28 PM

And jib loves causing bother the does a runner, it’s childlike.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:28 PM

then

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:30 PM

Yes I might be up for the protests at the start of the season. Hope to meet up with Genjikai again. What he’s done for the campaign is amazing.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:31 PM

NY in total agreement.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:33 PM

OK let the entertainment begin. Shall catch-up in the morning. Cheers

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:34 PM

Ooh are ya asking, I’m dancing.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:35 PM

NYmag hope your in lockdown and not flying anywhere.

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:35 PM

OLG

it’s not Jib who has ever driven me from the Blog nor in fact any one particular poster. Its a decision that builds over time when it just isn’t fun to read or post and a break feels right.

Not there yet but I have enjoyed my short time back again so far and these are difficult times for all but personally I find the Blog hard going when it gets bogged down – others don’t mind or even come on for it – each to their own
    Late evenings into early mornings are usually less confrontational ( but not always) and there’s room to breathe’ Its giving me an outlet at present and I’m not falling out with anyone so all good

Ed doesn’t provide this for any one of us and we can all come and go as we please unless banned of course 😉

Anyway “No Hard Feelings” from some North Carolinians

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:37 PM

Goodnight A Saxon

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:39 PM

Carltoon,

Yes, in lockdown here.
    Michigan has a ‘shelter in place’ order – more or less the same as situation in the UK.

Company has a ‘no travel’ policy in place.

So, working from home (which is no issue for me)

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:41 PM

NY Mag@51

Hi you’re not wrong of course but some on the Blog thrive on it – it’s a pastime

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:44 PM

Carltoon

just seen your comment to AS sorry to post another of my melancholy ones ( Im not a dancer I’m afraid) maybe you can just sway gently with it 😉

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:48 PM

Received some parcels today at different times all very nice standing back placing packages on the step. Except the last delivery. I asked nicely if he put it on the step. And he threw into the hallway and walked away. Ha ha. I can only think he’d had a bad day.

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:50 PM

Magscar,

Of course it is mate….it’s actually one of the reasons why this blog is so popular.
    To be honest, I quite enjoy reading the spats between people – I just don’t want to get personally involved in it (it’s actually educational – 101 in how not to behave)

Why watch the soaps….when you can read this blog 🙂

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:51 PM

Carltoon

Just for you

And Magscar and NY Mag and DaveD and Online and anyone else that appreciates music

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:52 PM

Anyway can’t stay long and whilst i have tended to post less well known artists and minor key stuff here’s one by a well known artist giving the full band treatment to one of his original acoustic songs and featuring a blistering and flash guitar solo from Tom Morello

More uptempo but still no dance 🙁

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:52 PM

Magscar swayed gently, it was very good. Never heard any of these bands. Like I say it’s been an education. Your never to old to learn. Mind some of EGB where way out. But good.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:53 PM

I can dance to anything.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:53 PM

Magscar

Where do you pick up your America, Whispering Bob?

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:55 PM

Carltoon,

You’re probably right….I would guess a delivery persons attitude is a direct response to their last (previous) interaction 🙂

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:55 PM

NY Mag

Haha you tinker

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:00 PM

Magscar,

It would appear your link @67 is not allowed in the US 🙁

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:01 PM

For any fans of Roy Orbison

The whole concert may still be available of the BBC iplayer – Roy Orbison, A Black and White Night

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:03 PM

NY

I had a similar albeit reversed experience to yours. I was given a link that wasn’t UK copywrited – owned by Fox it seemed.

He ho

• IrishRob

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:05 PM

I’ve an internet crush on Carltoon also. Just saying lol

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:06 PM

Lesh,

I can only assume there’s money to be made somewhere…..therefore don’t give it away for free

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:09 PM

NY it’s a concert for American army vets, I think,

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:10 PM

Oh, OK…maybe that’s why…..

• lochinvar

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:10 PM

Plans to expand emergency medical sites.

Military planners are already examining five locations in support of the Department of Health and Social Care, a Whitehall source said.

The London ExCel centre is being turned into a makeshift NHS Hospital and critical care unit to cope with the Coronavirus .
    The London ExCel centre will have two wards, each with the capacity for 2,000 beds
    They would not confirm any of the areas, but said they would likely include major cities like Manchester, Birmingham and Newcastle.

Think of a large empty space near to the RVI hospital with banqueting halls that could be converted into wards.
    Think of somewhere that has chargeable car parking for staff, on site catering facilities and toilets.
    Think again.
    Ashley would want far too much rent for this to work.

Anywhere else spring to mind chaps ?