web analytics

Isolation Fitness, Morgan Blasts Ashley, And The Longstaffs Switch Agents – Today’s News Roundup

Today we saw a detailed report about how Newcastle’s players are keeping fit, heard Piers Morgan’s thoughts on Mike Ashley’s shenanigans, and found out Sean and Matty Longstaff were seeking new agents.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• Federico Fernandez talked to the club’s website about what he’s doing while the season is suspended.
  • Has Nabil Bentaleb done enough to earn a permanent Newcastle deal?
  • Piers Morgan blasts Mike Ashley over his actions during the government lockdown of non-essential businesses.
  • Augsburg’s Philipp Max could be an astute summer signing. Are Newcastle still interested in the 26-year-old?

• The National League has petitioned the FA to cancel the remainder of this season. What effect could that have on the EFL?
  • There could be some good news with the Longstaff brothers as they are looking to change agents.
  • Miguel Almiron donated hand sanitizer to two hospitals in his native Paraguay.

Which On Loan Left Back Should Newcastle Pursue This Summer?

• Jetro Willems (52%, 600 )
  • Both (28%, 318 )
  • Neither (12%, 137 )
  • Danny Rose (8%, 95 )

Total Voters: 1,150

Loading ... Loading ...

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:11 PM

Irish Rob for Christ sake! Don’t. I’m old.

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:12 PM

In the spirit of the nightshift…….my favorite rendition of one of my favorite songs

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:15 PM

Lesh

Nice one – you like your celeb get togethers. 🙂

Sometimes feel Clapton lost his way but enjoyed that one. Mind I was probably more of a Peter Green fan back in the day even though I did like Cream as well

I have records or downloads by most of the bands/singers i have posted links to and I don’t know one leads to another – like to browse net on Youtube, reviews ,even Amazon Prime Music has some obscure 60’s stuff I could never afford when young and new releases and is a great source

As i mentioned the other night music is one of my 2 passions and over the years i have always even as a young teenager tended to look for stuff i like and not be persuaded by radio DJ’s although I did trust John Peel in his early days.

Used to buy Uncut magazine which pointed me in some good directions especially on their sampler CD’s which were often treasure troves back in 2000 onwards as Americana blossomed

Bob is fine but I never have chance to listen to radio much unless in car as i play my own LP’s or playlists at home.

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:19 PM

NY Mag

An infectious rock band who knew what they were doing and have done for years – blueprint for lot of metal mands to follow probably 🙂

• The Sheikh'sMate

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:20 PM

My eldest son and I are convinced we had this bug very early December… Both mainly higher temp than normal and lethargic and I had a constant cough, but not the type that their describing, may be just coincidence and just another cold/flu bug, but….
    As I caught double pneumonia in 2010 and neariy copped it I’ve always told my family what to look out for and I remember highliting to my lads early this year there seemed to be a lot of pneumonia stories in the press and that was weeks before any covid.19 was reported

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:22 PM

NYmag really! It’s as bad as the one when it looked like whoever produced and played it was on drugs.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:24 PM

The ShieksMate. Yes there was lots of people had flue like illnesses earlier in the year. More than usual.

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:25 PM

NY Mag

Try this link might be allowed as “official” and on Vevo

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:25 PM

Carltoon,

That’s the beauty of it 😀

• The Sheikh'sMate

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:26 PM

Probably been mentioned already but experts are thinking the reason Spain and Italy are being hit so hard is they were probably contaminated long long before it was highlighted. Yet Germany very light casualties by comparison.

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:27 PM

Magscar,

Yes, that one works – thx 🙂

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:27 PM

NY, ha ha ok if you say so. Every one to their own.

• The Sheikh'sMate

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:33 PM

Just watched Ralph McTell on about rewording his streets of London song for the homeless there… He looks like a right bruiser now, I know he must be getting on now?

• Munster Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:34 PM

Re what someone said earlier, re the smaller number of deaths, its too early to judge in the UK I thínk as boorish was slower to implement distancing measures and testing than here and we are only just seeing an effect now, in fact a little early to judge here yet.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:37 PM

Magscar

You’re right about Clapton. Didn’t he go off the rails and it took him down the road of drink and heavy drugs. He became a really nasty man by all accounts. I wonder whether JJ Cale might have helped him calm down both mentally and musically.

Strangely enough, for all I was steeped in the blues in the 60s and jogged along with the likes of John Mayall etc, Cream never caught on with me. That’s not a reflection on the massive talent that made that band, I think it was because I preferred to go with the original blues artists rather than their white interpreters.

The celeb comp bands I’ve posted on here aren’t really for me – I posted them because of the breadth of talent on show. Yes I have a few collaborations but tend to go for the individuals.

Anyway, and it goes without saying, a collaboration which includes a lady with a very sweet voice.

Perhaps appropriate for the times too

Take care

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:39 PM

Munster,

It’s a global tragedy…..no point in comparing anything.
    There’s no points to be scored in people dying.

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:40 PM

Have to call it a night soon tempting though it is to hang out but i may get banned for all this music stuff ( and not one Blaydon Races !) and Jail will hit back with one of his Wikipedia onslaughts 😉

so to finish in these times of lock downs especially for the elderly a rather wonderful song written by a guy then in his 20’s who had sussed already the loneliness and despondency that old age can bring

I am not far off looking in my mirror one morning and seeing a similar face looking back at me
    ( wor lass has commented which mirror am I looking in at moment like – i might need Specsavers or a good mirror)

😉

#https://youtu.be/RfwGkplB_sY

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:40 PM

Carltoon,

What do you mean – I thought you could dance to anything 🙂

• The Sheikh'sMate

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:42 PM

Magscar@83
    My favourite music mag at the time was, Sounds not as popular as NME and some of the writing was so pretentious I couldn’t understand what they were bloody writing about half of the time

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:43 PM

The Sheikh’sMate

There has been a suggestion that the high rates in Spain and Italy (the latter particularky) may be down to the latins’ close family relationships where a number of generations live under one roof.

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:44 PM

Magscar @97

Have you lost part of the link when you copied it?

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:47 PM

Lesh you could be right about the generations living together. Well that won’t be here, they abandon their elderly relatives here.

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:48 PM

Lesh

Spot on with link

Been fan of Emmylou since her duets with Gram Parsons – Love Hurts still in my top 10 and although not as fashionable to like Knopfler as at one time, I am still a fan

I can take quite a lot of blues but don’t like to feel limited by it which is why Cream ( with jazzy influences altough not my usual taste) and Peter Green with his Rock direction were more to my taste.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:48 PM

NYmag, what!!! Head banging. Well that’s not dancing is it.

• The Sheikh'sMate

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:49 PM

Lesh@100, Ah yes. Good point, and India on lockdown for at least 2 weeks… How the hell do you get 1.3 people to stay indoors?? Cripes.

• NY Mag

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:50 PM

Carltoon,

Of course it’s not….I thought you would have figured out a way to translate that 🙂

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:51 PM

Lesh

try this duet

Sheiks Mate

Yeah Sounds was one of my favourites

• The Sheikh'sMate

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:52 PM

Even 1.3 billion

• lesh

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:52 PM

magscar

I did get a couple of Peter Green’s Splinter Group – interesting stuff.

• The Sheikh'sMate

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:54 PM

Magscar @107

Lovely.

• WLtoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:55 PM

Evening all
    Hav,nt been on here for a good while , hope you are all virus free.
    Im on a stand down indefinitely til this all blows over , is anyone in the same boat as me ?

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:57 PM

Goodnight ShieksMate, take care, stay safe

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:00 AM

WLtoon what work do you do.

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:03 AM

I think most people are self isolating, a few on the blog are retired, so permanently stood down.

• WLtoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:05 AM

Carltoon

Its Nissan based mate, place is on a shutdown til further notice., are there many other lads on here affected ?

• NY Mag

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:07 AM

Carltoon,

Can I ask, has the recent situation affected you from a financial point of view?
    (From my side, there is no change)

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:10 AM

Ah right, well OP is working at the RVI on construction. Jail I think has been stood on from his oil rig. Rob and JohnReese have symptoms. Do self isolate from their families. Just trying to keep our spirit s up

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:14 AM

No we both have company pensions and state pensions. Not going out or booking for our holiday in Vietnam. We are rolling in money.