web analytics

Isolation Fitness, Morgan Blasts Ashley, And The Longstaffs Switch Agents – Today’s News Roundup

Today we saw a detailed report about how Newcastle’s players are keeping fit, heard Piers Morgan’s thoughts on Mike Ashley’s shenanigans, and found out Sean and Matty Longstaff were seeking new agents.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• Federico Fernandez talked to the club’s website about what he’s doing while the season is suspended.
  • Has Nabil Bentaleb done enough to earn a permanent Newcastle deal?
  • Piers Morgan blasts Mike Ashley over his actions during the government lockdown of non-essential businesses.
  • Augsburg’s Philipp Max could be an astute summer signing. Are Newcastle still interested in the 26-year-old?

• The National League has petitioned the FA to cancel the remainder of this season. What effect could that have on the EFL?
  • There could be some good news with the Longstaff brothers as they are looking to change agents.
  • Miguel Almiron donated hand sanitizer to two hospitals in his native Paraguay.

Which On Loan Left Back Should Newcastle Pursue This Summer?

• Jetro Willems (52%, 600 )
  • Both (28%, 318 )
  • Neither (12%, 137 )
  • Danny Rose (8%, 95 )

Total Voters: 1,150

Loading ... Loading ...

• WLtoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:15 AM

Quite worrying times really, , poor agency staff have lost their jobs and people worrying about paying bills etc.
    My thoughts are with all those who have lost loved ones.
    Lets hope this virus can be wiped out soon for all concerned.

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:16 AM

Jail has been sent home from the rig. Not stood on. Sorry Jail.

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:18 AM

The financial situation is absolutely shocking, self employed have been left with nothing or go to work. And the least said about Mike Ashley the better.

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:21 AM

NHS staff on the Tele, crying because they are terrified of going into work. Please stay in its killing young people now.

• WLtoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:33 AM

The virus is,nt expected to peek for another two weeks, ffs everyone look after yourselves, and we will see the back of Ashley sooner than we think after his latest PR disaster.

HWTL

• Mister Tuff

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:36 AM

Just seen on the telly Ney York City are now getting 5000 cases a day.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:36 AM

Ney =New

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:40 AM

Mister Tuff

If the US is getting hit big time, it might just be the end of the Donald who was in denial and then was dismissing it for some time.

• JohnReese

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:41 AM

I hope everyone on the blog is keeping well. My family still aren’t showing any symptoms and I’m completely sick of this room. Chest still feels god awful and I’m out of whisky!

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:42 AM

Mister Tuff

But maybe our US based posters are better qualified to comment about Tr u mp’s future than I.

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:48 AM

JohnReese

You need more medicine can’t you get some in or are your friends and family and off-licence on lock down too?

I’m in a similar situation in that my good lady and I are in self-isolation from the outside world and because I’ve got what appear to be cold symptoms which I’ve had for months, I’m confined to barracks and she wouldn’t be too keen to restock for me in the online shop. It’s a pain.

Maybe you should get yourself the bits to set up a still and knock up some pusheen or the like.

• WLtoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:54 AM

My partner has been told to stay off work for 3 months and self isolate due to her having bad asthma, im fed up after a week of restrictions, so god help her and anyone else who has to do it for twelve weeks.
    The NHS need all the help they can get, so it was heartwarming to see over 400,000 volunteer to help the cause.
    Iv,e heard the forces are also on standby to help with public services if and when required ,

• The Wife

Mar 26, 2020 at 12:56 AM

lesh,

I have absolutely no doubt that he will be re-elected, given the two current possible alternatives being offered up by the other party.

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:03 AM

What a state of affairs if the world has him for another four years.

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:12 AM

The Wife

That’s a frightening prospect and not unlike when the UK was presented with Cor byn. Sound principles but hadn’t a clue how to play at politics.

There’s nowt you or I can do to change things other than be philosophical, grit our teeth and go with the flow.

Be strong and be happy

• Online Guy

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:14 AM

Carltoon

You will never be old so don’t ever say it .

Your young at heart you see and that makes a difference .

Bless you.

• Uncertain Toon/World

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:15 AM

Donald T says he wants it all sorted by Easter Sunday, restrictions lifted and full churches, love his optimism!

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:21 AM

carltoon

It’s been a strange night tonight. It’s seemed flat or is it me feeling that way.

I’m surprised yet not surprised that given the reaction to Ashley’s shenanigans viz SD, its employees, profiteering and his lack of any sensitivity in regards to STs, that those who’ve had their ST payments taken haven’t kicked up.

There’s been a song and dance in the media but it appears that NUFC ST holders are OK with Ashley. If they weren’t, should we have expected to hear of cancellations?

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:21 AM

Online Guy

You’re a silver tongued cavalier.

• JohnReese

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:23 AM

Lesh

Apparently the local shop is now questioning everyone who goes in if there purchases are really essential and are actually turning people away!

• Online Guy

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:25 AM

Jane , Jib

Jib, I’m willing to forget your little digs of today , was it at breakfast time ? Maybe you got up outa the wrong side of the bed .

I’m putting you on a week’s probation …If you mess up in the week then you have to run round Northumberland square , 3 laps in your wife’s nighty . Deal ?

You also need to film it and put it on line .. Note ; I think your crazy enough to do it !

Truth be told I was faking it.. foo trage. ..( faux Outrage) what’s a bit of bitching between wind up merchants .

Twat.

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:26 AM

OLG I love your patter. I know you don’t mean half you say. Keep safe.

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:27 AM

Uncertain Toon/World

But Tr*mps using the same tactic as Cummings/ Bowis. Fight the fight, be strong, like fighting a war, all pull together, save the country, blah blah blah…… and people seem to be falling for it.

He’ll probably follow Bowis’s lead and close down the Senate and Congress and do what the hell he wants – to get things done without resistance and party politics.

• Online Guy

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:29 AM

John Reese.

Thought about you odd times in the day ..crossed my mind wondering how your doing ..read your latest . Good luck with it all .

Sounds like your strong enough to knock it out of the park mate.

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:29 AM

JohnReese

Christ. I could understood it if people were rocking up asking for 48 cans of beans or whatever but a case of Talisker or whatever woukd surely pass muster – especially if it were medicinal.

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:31 AM

Lesh things getting serious now, I think everyone afraid. I just do pleased my daughter’s Island is on lockdown, Thailand has 900 deaths I a short space of time. She posted a fantastic video for her brothers and their wives. A fitness routine on her front porch. She is a Personal Trainer,

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:32 AM

Online

Yes, what is a bit of bitching between wind up merchants?

That speaks volumes me owld son.

• Online Guy

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:33 AM

Lesh, Carltoon,

Medical science as it is today makes for 60 years young to be the new 40 …of course it catches up with us all . Carltoon knock 20 years off and get that spring back in your step !

That’s an order!

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:36 AM

JohnReece I’ve three bottles of Baileys you can have.

• Online Guy

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:36 AM

Lesh

I might wind up in a fun way ..just joshing around like a few of us might partake in

Then you get the pro’s who are malicious and thrive on it ..easily spotted and ostracized.

Thing is when they keep on nipping at yer toes………

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:37 AM

carltoon

No matter how remote from her your daughter you may feel you’re not. You can rest assured she’s thinking as much about you as you are of her. You have faith and confidence. You’ve brought her up and rest assured that her heart’s with you as much as yours is with her.

Chin up gal and look forward.

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:38 AM

OLG, I’ve always looked young. Unfortunately time does catch up. Wish the football was back.

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:44 AM

Lesh, she’s an amazing young woman. When we to see her the place she works is unbelievably beautiful, very rich people go, it’s a health spar hotel complex. She paid for two nights for us. They absolutely all love her.

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:46 AM

Carltoon

You take it easy, have faith and sleep well.

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:48 AM

carltoon

If your daughter’s owt like you it’s no wonder she’s popular.

Take care

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:48 AM

carltoon

G’night.

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:51 AM

Goodnight lads stay safe

• Online Guy

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:57 AM

Carltoon

More to life than football but just to cheer you up ..and I know your the forever optimistic sort , here’s a good game .

• Online Guy

Mar 26, 2020 at 1:58 AM

Goodnight Carltoon .

• Online Guy

Mar 26, 2020 at 2:00 AM

There’s a good match Lesh

We had proper footballers with great feet back then ..its more like athletics nowadays ..I’m thankfull for Allison and St Max .