web analytics

Isolation Fitness, Morgan Blasts Ashley, And The Longstaffs Switch Agents – Today’s News Roundup

Today we saw a detailed report about how Newcastle’s players are keeping fit, heard Piers Morgan’s thoughts on Mike Ashley’s shenanigans, and found out Sean and Matty Longstaff were seeking new agents.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• Federico Fernandez talked to the club’s website about what he’s doing while the season is suspended.
  • Has Nabil Bentaleb done enough to earn a permanent Newcastle deal?
  • Piers Morgan blasts Mike Ashley over his actions during the government lockdown of non-essential businesses.
  • Augsburg’s Philipp Max could be an astute summer signing. Are Newcastle still interested in the 26-year-old?

• The National League has petitioned the FA to cancel the remainder of this season. What effect could that have on the EFL?
  • There could be some good news with the Longstaff brothers as they are looking to change agents.
  • Miguel Almiron donated hand sanitizer to two hospitals in his native Paraguay.

Which On Loan Left Back Should Newcastle Pursue This Summer?

• Jetro Willems (52%, 600 )
  • Both (28%, 318 )
  • Neither (12%, 137 )
  • Danny Rose (8%, 95 )

Total Voters: 1,150

Loading ... Loading ...

• Online Guy

Mar 26, 2020 at 2:13 AM

Almiron

• DubaiMicky

Mar 26, 2020 at 3:32 AM

Things I learned this morning while reading the nightshift:-

NY Mag is a headbanger (now that was a surprise)
    NME beats Sounds as the music paper of choice – I preferred Kerrang!!!!
    They’re mostly raving lefties (in jest).

• Nicky the ball tosser

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:15 AM

I’d happily take Lazaro, Bentaleb, and Rose or Willems.

New deals for Manquillo, Hayden, the Longstaffs and one more year for Andy.

Move on Yedlin, Muto, Atsu and Gayle.

Bring in a quality DM, number 10 and centre forward. Send Matty out on loan to a good Championship club or to a decent continental side.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 26, 2020 at 7:03 AM

Morning carltoon,
    I haven’t been down manned yet, I was delayed getting out last week because of suspected covid and there was supposedly a meeting on Monday gone about our future but we’ve heard nothing about it. Nope, still here till Tuesday unless there’s another suspected case in which case nobody is getting on or off until we’ve got the result.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 26, 2020 at 7:23 AM

Nicky,
    With Carroll and Gayle hopefully shifted it should pave the way for a couple of big money strikers. Schar should bring in a few quid as well.

• Jib

Mar 26, 2020 at 7:29 AM

If we go straight into a resumption of the PL with no warm up games (pre-season style)
    after such a long lay off (despite the home fitness programmes) there’s gong to be loads
    of injuries.
    I can also see the summer transfer window being cancelled

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 26, 2020 at 7:45 AM

Jib,
    It’s unprecedented what’s happened so whatever they come up with will be unique. It will no doubt affect next season unless they really do cancel this one.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 26, 2020 at 7:52 AM

If Liverpool don’t win this league we’ll never hear the last of it, it’ll be soooooo funny. Shame about Leeds mind.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 26, 2020 at 7:55 AM

I can sense half an hour on my own here. What is everyone doing if they’re in lockdown. I think people are going out more now that they can’t.

• Jib

Mar 26, 2020 at 7:57 AM

Jail
    It’s going to be complicated for all of Europe
    In Spain Barcelona are 2 points clear of RM
    with 11 games to play
    In Italy Juventus one point clear of Lazio with
    12 games to play
    In France PSG are like Liverpool galloping away
    with the title

What a mess !

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 26, 2020 at 7:59 AM

Oh well I might as well get on with it. Admittedly it is hard to talk about football when there isn’t any, even during close season there’s transfer talk, friendlies and we have a tournament or the Ashes to occupy us. It’s very hard to talk about transfer targets when a season isn’t even finished yet.

• NY Mag

Mar 26, 2020 at 8:08 AM

Micky,

That comment did make me laugh…..

• magscar

Mar 26, 2020 at 8:09 AM

Jail

Ed and family are doing their best to keep Blog moving with various stories and updates but I confess I can’t bring myself to think much on them when the position is so unclear about all sport. Good to see some football celebrities including our own Almiron looking to help outI

🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 26, 2020 at 8:29 AM

After seeing that the author of my latest book Remains of the day by Kazuo Ishiguro which is excellent btw, has won the Booker prize and has multiple nominations, I think I’m going to choose my books from now on from Booker prize nominees and award winners. A rite of passage by William Golding looks canny, has anyone read it.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Mar 26, 2020 at 8:40 AM

There’s a pretty big chance we’ll get a lockdown here in Japan too before long. Infections reportedly rampant here. Might have even been fudging the figures. I guess social distancing, lock downs etc, may well become the norm globally until a vaccine is found, a year or more into the future. Clearly not just a major public health issue, but also a major economic, political and public order issue too and possibly even a threat to civil society. Things might get very tough indeed, and you can forget about football. That’s finished for the foreseeable future.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 26, 2020 at 8:42 AM

NY Mag,
    Considering the backlash Mike Ashley received for saying he was keeping his stores open, do you still think it was a good idea?

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 26, 2020 at 8:47 AM

Nicky,
    It looks like governments worldwide haven’t taken it seriously enough bar the East Asian countries which obviously learned from SARS, not sure why Japan hasn’t followed suit given the historical ties with places such as S Korea.

• Ron Knee

Mar 26, 2020 at 8:50 AM

“The boss of pub chain JD Wetherspoon has reversed a decision to withhold staff pay until a government rescue package kicks in, following a major backlash from the public.

“But Tim Martin said his firm will still freeze payments to suppliers – even for goods already received.” (B*risgraph)

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:08 AM

Not sure why Munster has to keep pointing out our govt’s failings and claiming how much better his is. It’s as though now he hasn’t got a popular former manager to slate and wind people up he’s turned his attention to our prime min!ster.

• The mighty wyn

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:18 AM

After my frustrations yesterday with the systems I have been told this morning that my reinstatement to the ranks of the NHS is likely to be very soon. Hope everyone is still safe and well and those with symptoms can shake it off. Will post again when back on the job if I hear any important updates
    Stay safe and well

• pheasant plucker

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:33 AM

I think Ashley has shot him self in the foot ? this time
    Anyway I hope all of you out there are well

1 3 4 5