web analytics

Magpie Steps Up To Help His Country During Coronavirus Pandemic

Miguel Almiron, who is still in Newcastle with his wife Alexia, has donated 200 liters of hand sanitizer to 2 hospitals in his native Paraguay.

The above tweet translates to

Miguel Almiron donated:
200 liters of alcohol gel for 2 hospitals:
– 100 liters for the Acosta Ñu Children’s Pediatric Hospital
– 100 liters to the Regional Hospital of San Juan Bautista Misiones
Great Miggy!

Paraguay is under a nationwide State of Sanitary Emergency with a ban on all activities deemed non-essential until at least March 28th.

They reported their first case of the coronavirus on March 7th. To date, there are 37 reported cases in the South American country with 3 people who have passed away.

Paraguay seems to have acted very quickly and hopefully can keep the spread of the virus contained.

This is an outstanding gesture by Almiron and we’re sure his compatriots greatly appreciate the assistance.

Which On Loan Left Back Should Newcastle Pursue This Summer?

• Jetro Willems (52%, 600 )
  • Both (28%, 318 )
  • Neither (12%, 137 )
  • Danny Rose (8%, 95 )

Total Voters: 1,150

Loading ... Loading ...

• RobLeenio

Mar 25, 2020 at 7:24 PM

Good on the lad. If everyone did that, it would help massively.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 25, 2020 at 7:34 PM

Rob

What you reading on Twatter

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 25, 2020 at 7:35 PM

Rob

If everyone did that We would drown.

• IrishRob

Mar 25, 2020 at 7:40 PM

Rob @1:30pm I agree I definitely think we haven’t seen the best of Benta at all, he needs games and I reckon he will get a lot better. I wouldnt give up on him yet personally as long as we can loan him again.

• toon22

Mar 25, 2020 at 7:51 PM

OP

Hahahahaha

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 25, 2020 at 7:51 PM

This is what it will be like once everyone gets back outside.

Enjoy.

• carltoon

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:02 PM

OP I enjoyed, I may have cried a little bit though. can’t wait until this is over.

• welshgeordie9

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:04 PM

In Bruce we trust.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:04 PM

Carltoon

My favourite youtube video, I always smile.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:07 PM

Carltoon

I forget it’s tough for a lot of people, as not much has changed for myself, yet.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:07 PM

Rob so your saying twitter can be hacked that right, from someone who doesn’t use it.

• Online Guy

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:08 PM

Jib

There you go trying to make me feel bad by posting both of Carltoons comments ..one of them that you reproduce I never ever read ..the one from carltoon on March the 23rd at 9:17.

If I had read that I would not be joking to her about Atlantic convoys . I never seen it .

I only read the one after about Atlantic convoys and I did not see her dad’s name mentioned there.

So I could not link the two . You posted your low life comment to me in order to embarrass me and saying I failed to understand . Carltoons previous post that I missed meant I could not link them . Understand ?

I would never joke about someone’s dear father …you should know that and not try to score some disgracefull blog points from embarrassing others and me and grabbing any opportunity to do so .

Bloody grow up.

• toon22

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:13 PM

Most likely the PR will keep their heads down for a while, till it all blows over
    Sadly for them its not going to, not anymore

JIB

Have we been sold yet ?

• Online Guy

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:15 PM

Carltoon

Please except my apologies if you thought I was making light of your dad’s involvement in the Navy or anything else .

I have missed your first post on the subject ..Jib jumps straight in linking the two posts though I’d read both (how would he know) and reproducing them to make me look bad .

Jib your trying to score points and not thinking like a decent human being in doing so .

And your dragging me into your little world of trouble ..pathetic.

• welshgeordie9

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:17 PM

Bullets are weird. They only do their job after they are fired.

• Online Guy

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:18 PM

#14

As though I’d read both .

• Online Guy

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:20 PM

Carltoon

Please be carefull going along with Jibs mentality ..it leads to division and troublesome exchanges .

I tried to befriend him but I’m pissing in the wind .

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:23 PM

Narcissists are very sick people.

• Online Guy

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:24 PM

Carltoon

That daft Harry Enfield thing that Jib posted ..jibs guilty of plagarisim nicking my fun as I sent same thing to him over a year ago .

If you see me doing that I’m flattered ! It’s hilarious ..Might give it a go later !

Where’s me tennis racket !

• Mister Tuff

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:26 PM

Whilst this virus situation may spell the end for Mr Tubbs, I would like to think that all those who have protested – minor stuff on social media, to actions by anti Tubbs groups, flags, banners protests all over. Contact the local MP.
    All served in chipping away – making him or contributing to him being the retail Bogeyman.
    The MP bit was ridiculed on here (by the usual suspects). Some celebrities vouched for him.

Now Tubbs has become the national bogeyman – with some people on telly well and truly getting the boot in. And exposing him and his motives.

Not be so many (if any) of Tubbs “mates” coming out in support now as they will be associated with his terrible behaviour.

• Online Guy

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:29 PM

Ashley has shown his true colours to the whole UK .

Perhaps now the nation will understand why Newcastle United Supporters detest him .

Dishonesty and greed .

Still can’t believe he sold the land at Gallowgate that has stopped us developing our St James Park … and for £9 million pounds in his own pocket .

• dig-n-dig22

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:30 PM

OLG

Visit the UK column site 25/03/2020 , view all today’s program,the link to the site is blocked, Sh1t may hit the fan over this , the seriousness of COV 19 was downgraded back in Jan this year, yet they still enforced the lock down, this info is appearing on other sites too.

• Online Guy

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:41 PM

Don’t be surprised if Ashley runs us into the ground as no money coming in from pies pints and merchandise, ticket sales, and talks of moving Newcastle United down to Mansfield !

Ashley is on the rack ..He is …The pantomime Villain !

These unprecedented times could give Ashley the opportunity to do something seriously bad .

Shirebrook Rovers has a good ring to it !

Well the above is how I think Ashley thinks ..the twat is capable of anything and going against the grain and left field thinking (nutter) and knowing nowt about football, or emotional attatchment to football, is the norm for the rotund one.

• magscar

Mar 25, 2020 at 9:01 PM

Just caught up on best part of days posts after happily spending most of day outside at start of our third week of self isolation (or shielding as now known) but gettting a sense of why I stayed clear a few months ago. I’m not counting down a worried it might get extended depending on whether measures ( and those complying) are sufficient

Seems another own goal if comments are accurate re DD’s ( haven’t bothered to check out)

I still can’t get too outraged as some at NUFC’s continuing incompetence or deliberate money grabbing whether by Charnley Bishop Ashley or perhaps sheer oversight or Bank system not being able to cope with hundreds of DD’ s being cancelled – doesn’t really matter

I am sorry for anyone already in desperate straits financially through no fault of their own but if i was then any concern for my credit rating or whether i would concede future price being held would have been set aside in my desperation to reduce my immediate outgoings. Did anyone knowing the next DD would be due contact club to establish position and whether a DD holiday could be obtained?

I say i can’t get outraged as notwithstanding it seems to be sharp practice and lacking empathy for individuals and families already being battered on many fronts, there are too many other things bringing me really down like shortage of PPE, tests not available, poor sods being herded onto Tube trains whilst Mayor and Government seem to look at the other to do something, lack of clarity amid a deepening crisis.

Thank God for the great British public who once again rise to the occasion and volunteer in their droves and raise spirits alongside all the NHS and other key working staff who we know are not invulnerable but continue to amaze us

. I only hope red tape doesn’t constrict their willingness to help as seemed to baulk the Mighty Wyn’s efforts yesterday

I was thinking of posting a video link but got sidetracked and wor lasses TV show just finishing so that’s me done may be on later but don’t wait up
    🙂

• pheasant plucker

Mar 26, 2020 at 8:53 AM

Good morning hope everyone out there in blog land are well