web analytics

Confusion On Lazaro, A Message From Christian, And Caulkin’s Rebuke – Today’s News Roundup

Today we discussed two conflicting reports Valentino Lazaro’s purchase option, heard a lovely message from Christian Atsu, and revealed George Caulkin’s scathing response on Mike Ashley’s attempt to declare his businesses essential.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• There are some conflicting reports out of Italy about Newcastle’s stance on triggering Valentino Lazaro’s purchase option.
  • Steve Bruce raves about the quality of left back Danny Rose, but fans are sold on him just yet.
  • This summer’s transfer window is starting to look crucial to Newcastle’s future.

• Christian Atsu sends a message of hope and togetherness during the coronavirus pandemic.
  • George Caulkin issues a scathing rebuke of Mike Ashley’s antics after the government lockdown on Monday.

• Vitesse left back Max Clark has ties to Steve Bruce and could be a bargain signing this summer.
  • A report claims Freddie Woodman is hesitant to sign another extension with Newcastle.

• G

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:02 PM

No thanks for Rose, yes please for Lazzaro. Nein Danke Bentileb.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:04 PM

I’m liking these round up headlines.

• G

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Agreed, saves me having to read Jib and Froggy bovine excrement from earlier.

• toon22

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Has Jabba gone bankrupt yet ?

• toon22

• toon22

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:11 PM

G

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:06 PM

• carltoon

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:31 PM

I was surprised so many in our street applauding the NHS it was very emotional.

• Munster Mag

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:35 PM

Hibbitt, I’m not going to blame Varadkar for our mess. Our health service wasn’t ready for this (not his fault as such, it’s a long tíme issue) and the next, least prepared European country for this pandemic in terms of icu, is the UK. So we’re all in this disaster. We had a huge spike in deaths today, you could weep. But like many others over here, Varadkar, Coveney and Co are respected for their earnest and calm reaction. They need to lockdown in my opinion but they are holding off for scientific reasons.

• Mister Tuff

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:42 PM

Moanster – nice little poke at England. Leave it out.

• NY Mag

Mar 26, 2020 at 9:53 PM

Jail,

In reply to your comment this morning.

Yes, it was an ill thought out comment by me and yes, you were perfectly correct to give me stick for it.

• lesh

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:03 PM

carltoon

For all Bowis’s fine words about the NHS and other services, can we hope those who’ve been royally abused by recent governments receive appropriate recognition by way of being paid the salaries they deserve.

Words of praise don’t pay the rent or feed hungry mouths.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:04 PM

Tuff

Could be worse, we could be getting his fair and balanced on you know who.

• magscar

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:05 PM

Carltoon

I live on a quiet street in small village and wasn’t really expecting many if any bar us to turn out to clap tonight but was then pleasantly surprised to be mistaken. Several househoolds did and applause rang out with odd shou of encuoragement – uplifting and emotional and proud to have been part of it and our people

Would love it to build but not sure if that is intention. May just take on anyway.

• The Sheikh'sMate

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:15 PM

My partner and I live apart. She is an aux nurse near Newcastle and I missed the applause for her and her colleagues at 8…i am so pissed off
    Very well done NHS staff.. You are all angels

• NY Mag

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:18 PM

We’re they showing live pictures from around the country at 8pm on the news?

I missed it, but would like to see some footage

• magscar

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:23 PM

Not sure if mood is right tonight but as nightshift gathers I will try to calm the waters with a surprising rendition by an American lady of a classic Irish ballad backed by some great Celtic and American musicians

Much covered and many fine performances out there including Van Morrison and the Chieftans which had previously been my long standing favourite – this interpretation surpasses that in my humble opinion and i often watch it late on with a glass in hand and just take it in – as these reality show pundits like to say ” she nails it”

For Lesh OLG Carltoon NY Mag Munster and any other poster reader still around who can appreciate a canny tune respectfully sung by more than a pretty face

• coming home

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:37 PM

NY Mag

Her’s some coverage

• NY Mag

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:47 PM

CH and Magscar,

Thanks for sharing, that brought a tear to my eye.
    Very proud to be British right now.

• Bobbybee

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:51 PM

The trouble with conspiracy theories, is they’re not theories. Some are, most aren’t. Flat earth is crazy. Then there’s 9/11. Hey, me and my tin foil hat eh?
    This video gives a brief report from the University of Alaska Fairbanks. The first real scientific report. As this part shows, the official version was a joke. Only one way to bring down Building Seven like it fell is the blindingly obvious way – remove ALL SUPPORTING Columns at once. Explosives.
    That’s it. It’s over. You think George Bush is gonna walk away from this? And all his criminal cronies? High Treason. Resulting in the murder of 3k people and the mass slaughter in the middle East. This now goes before the grand jury and indictments are probably already in those 151k sealed ones.
    You’re on lockdown not for this virus. It’s for the potential backlash of a much more lethal virus being sent against the people before these animals are taken out.
    0.0004% of the population are celebrities. Yet look how many well known people have it? 0.1% of those infected. That’s a HUGE anomoly.
    Still, just another conspiracy theory eh?
    Again, research adrenachrome. It’s what sick celebrities choose as their drug. It comes from children. It’s produced when they’re terrified beyond belief. It’s what keeps them young. Take it away and they age rapidly. Their supply has been cut off. I know how crazy it sounds, but it’s easy to research.
    If you’re not ready for what’s coming, your paradigm is going to be shattered. The world is not what you think it is. You ignore the clues like Prince Charles’ and Andrew’s best friends. Child traffickers. Paedophiles. You think that’s a coincidence? You need to wake up.
    I’m not here to argue. I’m just warning you about what’s about to happen. The next 12 months are going to be earthshaker’s.
    Research it. Don’t research it. It’s gonna happen. I’m simply trying to save your head being blown.
    Bye.

• Munster Mag

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:53 PM

Tuff, another sad effort from a paranoid laughable little englander. Our two countries are not in good condition Re icu beds. Apparently worst in Europe. But because I highlight that, it’s a barb. You’re a fckin balloon.

• fairscup

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:54 PM

If anyone fake coughs in my face they’ll end up with flat testicles.

• Munster Mag

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:56 PM

Magscar, thanks a million. Haven’t heard that foe ages. ” I wish I was….” 🙂

• Munster Mag

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:57 PM

Nice one Fairs 🙂

• magscar

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:03 PM

Bobbybee

I really don’t know how to take your post and can’t bring myself to watch the link I’m having enough to deal with this terrible crisis – just hope you’re way off course

That adrenachrome thing you mention is strange – maybe Stephen King got idea for Doctor Sleep plot from it ( book and now film) – weird ?!?!

• lesh

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:10 PM

Magscar

Thanks for the link and a lovely version of a lovely song.

• lesh

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:11 PM

Carltoon

Nearly time to get your dancin’ shoes on. Some people have already started.

• The Wife

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:13 PM

Munster Mag,

Your insistence on throwing insults at people on the blog during these trying times is absolutely astounding.

• magscar

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:13 PM

Munster

From BBC4 series of Transatlantic Sessions screened for several years and showcasing some great tradditional (mostly but some contemporary) live music – not sure if you ever got it over there but from music snippets of likes of Gay Byrnes Late Late show it would have been well received I think. Also touring show comprising main arrangers and some guest has played Glasgow and even Sage in Gateshead over recent years. Never managed to catch one though

• The Sheikh'sMate

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:14 PM

Bobbybee….. I’ve always respected your comments over the months. years, sports related or not, didn’t always agree with you but have always retained the utmost respect for your views, but your latest opinion my distant online friend I find very bizarre, I do hope you are OK…. take care

• the ledge

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:18 PM

Hi all hope you all and your family are keeping safe in these dark days.
    Now I haven’t had a chance to read through all the post today but have Jane/jib /or any other of the excuse Ashley crowd been on defending the parasite today ?

• RobLeenio

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:22 PM

There’s a report from BBC East Midlands into conditions in Sports Direct’s Shirebrook warehouse.

Ashley’s put his head above the parapet and is there to be shot at. Not sure how he can come back from this. Then again, we’ve thought that before….

• magscar

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:22 PM

Lesh

Enjoyed it – sort of music you also want to experience yourself live on the streets in the Orleans sunshine as dancers gyrate.

Find New Orleans Jazz a lot more accessible than modern Jazz but i like a tune 😉

• magscar

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:26 PM

Anyway Lesh NY Mag Munster

Mood is little off tonight and i haven’t got a late night pass so will leave night shift to you regulars – enjoy

stay sane and safe

night all

• The Wife

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:26 PM

magscar,

I was a rabid Stephen King fan when I was in my teens. Bought everything he put out the week it released. I’ve cooled on him quite a bit now, but he’s still “got it” in my opinion. His book “11/22/63” about the assassination of JFK is one of the best things I’ve read by him recently. Jail – that’s an Audible recommendation for you! 🙂

But speaking of adrenachrome…when Bobbybee first mentioned that, I thought immediately of a show called Gotham (a series that explores Bruce Wayne’s formative years before he becomes Batman). Anyway, a “villain” that featured in a few episodes was a scientist that would literally scare his victims to death, then remove their adrenal gland to extract the “fear toxin” in order to create an anti-fear drug.

• RobLeenio

Mar 26, 2020 at 11:29 PM

I stepped out and gave the NHS a clap, our next door neighbours both work in the Newcastle Hospitals, one as a technician / engineer, the other as a research assistant. She’s getting involved in a couple of clinical trials into drugs that could help treat the virus. He maintains x-ray machines. Neither one are front line clinical staff but both have roles which are vital to the NHS and cannot be performed working from home.

Both are also working seven days a week currently.

My neighbour over the road is a community midwife, she has to be out and about seeing her patients (not the right word – being pregnant doesn’t make you sick, but you know what I mean) – she came out and we gave her a clap too.

I didn’t hang around, I kept my distance and came back in after just one minute, leaving the missus to natter at a discrete distance over the wall. Still pleased to have been able to show my appreciation.