web analytics

‘A Positive In This Strange Situation’ – On Loan Magpie Talks About His Delayed Ambition

Jetro Willems gave an interview yesterday to the Dutch outlet VTBL. He scoffed at a recent claim that his knee injury was worse than initially reported. According to the 25-year-old, he is on schedule with his rehabilitation.

Jetro also spoke about the European Championships during his interview. His outstanding form before his injury had placed him back in contention for the Netherlands left back spot.

UEFA recently postponed the competition to 2021. This gives Willems a renewed hope of making the squad next year.

Due to his past struggles with injuries, the 25-year-old hasn’t made an international appearance since October 2016.

Jetro has a positive outlook on life in general. So even in the dire circumstances of a worldwide pandemic, the Dutchman is taking the positives wherever he can find them.

This is what he said about the Euros being postponed to 2021:

“The European Championship? For me, the postponement is a bright spot. When the rumors went, I thought, ‘That would be great for me.’

“That I have a year longer to fight at the European Championship selection, I see as positive in this strange situation.

“I also do not know what will happen next season. I have not yet been there with Eintracht Frankfurt to talk about it.”

Jetro also verifies that talks with Frankfurt about next season have yet to happen. He’ll find himself in a similar situation to last summer where he needs game time to push for the European Championships once again.

Hopefully, his recovery goes as planned, and Newcastle can get him on board once again for next season.

• Jib

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:43 PM

• fairscup

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:47 PM

• Ron Knee

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:47 PM

• hibbit

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:51 PM

just a thought on these conspiracy theories being discussed on here the all seem to be pointed at the west ,are China ,Russia, Korth Korea ,Iran, all squeaky clean and free of them ????
    as i say just a thought from someone who doesn’t subscribe to them,

• hibbit

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:52 PM

*****they ************

• fairscup

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:54 PM

Hibbet – yea I agree but in my opinion anyone who believes them belongs in the cuckoos nest.

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:55 PM

Hopefully this link works made me chuckle.

• Moonraker15

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:57 PM

Ron / Fairscup
    Thanks that’s my afternoon sorted!

• droppy in Wallsend

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:59 PM

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:59 PM

Hibbit

No, theres some great ones all over the globe.

Most cultures have them about certain major events, must be in peoples nature.

Even if you think you don’t buy into them I bet you’ve wondered about JFK once or twice.

• lesh

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:59 PM

IrishRob

My response to your comment about the wedding, guests and your second cousin led to me responding with ‘’I’m lost for words’ (aka ‘whoops’). I’ve no reason to doubt what you posted..

• geordietom

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:00 PM

conspiracy theory , Mike Ashley started this virus . you may ask how , well he put the club up for sale the Arabs came in with a offer . Ashley shit himself because he would be losing out on a money maker. he got pissed up puked up all over the place . the virus spread like wildfire the Arabs backed off never to be seen again . the moral in this tale is Ashley is virus to our club we need shot of him A.S.A.P.

• toon22

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:04 PM

Why 10,000 spaces at St James’ could be the tip of the iceberg for clumsy Mike Ashley

Earlier this year, Ashley had the ideal chance to sit down with some of the Press on a visit to Tyneside but rather than expand on his plans – or give some inkling as to why a club that has been up for sale for three years remains unsold – the only answer back was a polite “no”.

Without any guidance from Ashley himself his only aim seems to be to fend off relegation from the Premier League year-in, year-out.

Even then, given the financial clout of the big boys and the financial plight of others, that could be classed by the sporting business experts as a success these days.

But Ashley will not even give the people who come through the turnstiles the courtesy of an explanation.

• fairscup

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:04 PM

OP – the best explanation I saw of the JFK shooting was that he was accidently shot by the G man in the car behind when his gun went off as he stood up in reaction to the shot from the book depository that missed.
    Everything made sense.

• geordietom

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:05 PM

a song to calm the blog …https://youtu.be/8FT5QF4JZUA

• toon22

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:05 PM

JIB

Im guessing the PR are all out of ideas and have resorted to conspiracy theories in an attempt at discrediting people who dislike your employer

Has he gone bust yet ??

• toon22

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:06 PM

Interesting to see what happened to Frasers Group (Sports Direct) share price after Mike Ashley apology

😉

• hibbit

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:07 PM

OP hundreds of times and i’m still not sure, on the why’s, if’s and but’s.

• geordietom

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:08 PM

Fairscup @14 …

agree with you mate i watched that program made sense to me as well …

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:08 PM

Fairscup

I’ve seen that one too, I agree, everything that seems odd falls into place when the Secret Service guy is brought into it.

I’d dare say its exactly what happened.

• toon22

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:08 PM

Didnt take him long to make HOF almost worthless

LOL

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:10 PM

Fairscup

Was it not the car in front?

• geordietom

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:11 PM

TOON22 …

most of the people who use this blog have mentioned conspiracy theories over the last couple of days so what you are saying is most people on here are PR ? …

get a life will you ffs …

• IrishRob

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:13 PM

Well if you want pics of the wedding complete with Bono feel free to leave me you’re email and I’ll prove it.

Although I really dont get what’s so unbelievable about it, we all have family and we are all human, it just so happens that some of my family who I dont get to see that often or are billionaires.

I literally brought it up because I thought it was a nice anecdote to someone elses comment that my cousin married her. I dont want ppl like you making me look like I’m making up stories which would be bat sht crazy.

• geordietom

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:14 PM

OP … the guy from the secret service was in a car behind the rifle he picked up he didn’t know how to use it properly , the car jerked the rifle went off hit the president …

• fairscup

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:15 PM

OP – no he was shot from behind, you could see the jolt from his high powered rifle in the documentery half his head was blown away.
    When I had watched it, I finally stopped wondering what the hell happened that day.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:16 PM

Tom common off toon22 you’re on his back constantly mate no need for it, concentrate on yer music you do that better.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:16 PM

Not much else to talk about.

Theres conspiracies from JFK to the moon landings to the pyramids to Stonehenge, free masons the church etc etc.

Its everywhere, even if you claim not to subscribe you will in one way or the other.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:20 PM

Op was big ears shagging Noddy that’s another one.

• geordietom

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:21 PM

the rifle that Oswald used was a Mannlicher–Carcano italian made .

they had a guy a top marksman tried to replicate the shooting same height same distance with a moving target he did it , after trying 3 or 4 times . so no i dont think Oswald shot him …

• fairscup

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:21 PM

Looking forward to the game at 3pm, I bet half of Tyneside will watch it.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:21 PM

I’ve watched the documentary etc, for some reason I had it in my mind the guy was in a car in front.

He shouldn’t have been using it, new guy, the rest had been on piss night before.

Watched it probably 10 years ago or more on the interweb

• fairscup

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:24 PM

Tom – he tried but missed.
    Then was shot before he could talk.

• geordietom

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:24 PM

Anglo …

knar mate i’m not on his back all the time , so your ok with him calling most people on here PR ? because i’m not ok with it . are you PR Anglo ?

• geordietom

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:25 PM

OP …

you forgot the knights templar …

😀

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:25 PM

is andrea corr still fit? back when i used to make top ten lists of girls she was my number one.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:28 PM

Ah tom you caught me out, new you was too clever for me.

• fairscup

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:28 PM

OP – yea it was on TV about 10-15 years ago, I’m sure it could be found on Kodi or the like.

• geordietom

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:29 PM

Faircup …

we watch the same show mate the marksman said he tried 2 or 3 times before he could do and that was with no pressure. Oswald his Adrenaline levels would of been sky high …

• geordietom

Mar 28, 2020 at 1:30 PM

Anglo …

need some donnay socks mate can you help ..

😀