web analytics

Communique Addresses Increasing Severity Of Coronavirus Pandemic – Premier League Unlikely To Complete

The Premier League took part in a summit on Friday.

It included both the PFA and the EFL to address the coronavirus pandemic and what to do about it.

The summit was called by the Professional Footballers’ Association since the players are being negatively hit by things like wage cuts so that the football clubs can keep their heads above water financially.

The PFA would like these to be wage deferrals rather than wage cuts.

It’s very good to talk, but we just don’t see this pandemic clearing up any time soon – that’s unfortunate for everybody concerned.

Coming out of the summit was a joint statement which read as follows:

The Premier League, EFL and PFA met today and discussed the growing seriousness of the Covid-19 pandemic.”

“It was stressed that the thoughts of all three organizations continue to be with everyone affected by the virus.”

“The Premier League, EFL and PFA agreed that difficult decisions will have to be taken in order to mitigate the economic impact of the current suspension of professional football in England, and agreed to work together to arrive at shared solutions.”

“The leagues will not recommence until 30 April at the earliest. They will only do so when it is safe and conditions allow.”

“Further meetings will take place next week with a view to formulating a joint plan to deal with the difficult circumstances facing the leagues, their clubs, players, staff and fans.”

It seems like more and more of Premier League clubs are starting to have reservations about restarting the Premier League.

I’m like a broken record, but I just cannot see the PL starting up again this season, and it should probably be scrapped soon.

There are too many lives at stake to risk just to finish off a football league.

However important that may be as far as finances are concerned.

And playing games behind closed doors is not a solution because the players would still be at risk.

And what happens when just one player gets the Covid-19 disease – and that would screw that up.

The team would need to be quarantined.

What do you think?

Should Newcastle Try To Keep Freddie Woodman This Summer?

• Yes (87%, 1,247 )
  • No (13%, 186 )

Total Voters: 1,433

Loading ... Loading ...

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:08 PM

I think he means the Hotspur Hall which was a non alcohol disco on Park View – I may be wrong – Jib?

• Online Guy

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:14 PM

Munster

Arguing with her indoors and then coming here ?

Is this the lesser of two evils ?

Iv had a few words with my missus, discussion was caused by bloody Geese making a racket at daft O’ clock , I mean I’m not God .

Cabin fever kicking in ..I am actually now in the cabin ..peace.

• Jib

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:15 PM

That’s the one
    Remember doing the Bradford Barn
    You got to talk to all the ladies

• magscar

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:17 PM

Some good 60s memories this aft. I mostly went for a wander round The City as a mid to late teenager oh the loud music and waltzer.

Knopfler captured it well in Tunnel of Love “like the Spanish City to me when we were kids”

Hole in my shoe Traffic and Street fighting Man The Who may be when Jagger and Richard locked up?? Thunderclap Newman Something on the air also comes to mind

All gone but front looking good ” from Cullercoats to Whitley Bay”

• magscar

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:19 PM

Fairscup/Jib

Ah ok never went there

• Jib

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:20 PM

• Jib

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:21 PM

All Over Now by the Stones always reminds me of the
    Spanish City

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:22 PM

Yea I remember (when Tunnel of Love came out) non geordies asking which Spanish City he was describing – Barcelona?

• The mighty wyn

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:22 PM

Fairs your right I had a lot of hair in those days so l had to be careful.
    Magscar I used to work in the ship about 1973
    It was manic in Scots fortnight but all the pubs were rammed then

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:25 PM

that’s it Jib – I bought a Guinea Pig at the pet shop on the left – what a canny auld picture!

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:27 PM

“It’s All Over Now” and “Little Red Rooster” remind me of Johnnies Amusements (next to Millers).

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:27 PM

Wyn – me too shoulder length, always had to be wary.

• Online Guy

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:29 PM

Betty

You do a good line in Mischief making yerself .

And when it comes to debate I would say your the Masterdebater.

You do it in an acceptable way ..not offensive at all.

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:32 PM

Dickens Bar was my haunt early 70’s, you couldn’t lift your arm hardly to sup yer pint it was so packed.

• Charlietoon

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:32 PM

1 day of penalty shootouts representing every game still to be played. 5 shots. Win lose or draw give the same points as any normal game. Players can stay socially distanced and the league can be sorted. Be better than nothing and great fun to watch.

• Jib

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:32 PM

What was the name of the photographers ?
    His daughter was married to Pete Townsend (The Who)

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:36 PM

Was it Balbernie or somthing like that?

• Jib

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:36 PM

Balbirnie
    It was his neice

• Munster Mag

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:39 PM

All OK here now OLG. Cleared out the shed, grass got its first cut. Played football with the young fella. Bit sore now :). And he wants to go for a run later. Shiit

• Munster Mag

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:40 PM

John Reese, get well soon. You’re only a young lad 🙂

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:40 PM

I didn’t know that Jib very interesting.

• magscar

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:46 PM

Fairscup /MighttHen

Yeah having long hair could get you in bother mate and I were surrounded on Monkseaton station by a group o f lads taking the mick and was looking like it was going to turn nasty (for us!!l) but train came in on other side going Longbenton way we were going to Percy Main and they scarpered over bridge to jump on – whey hey 🙂

• magscar

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:52 PM

Not important but was West Monkseaton where we used to to avoid scrimmage at Whitley for last trains.

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:52 PM

I remember flooring a skinhead in a pub on Whitley Lodge (can’t remember the name of it) in the toilet he turned to me and said I’m gonna f8ck you when I’ve finished this p155 – that was the last thing he said that night I think. When I sat down in the bar watching the toilet door, he never came out, he must have crawled out the window I guess – stupid pr1ck.

• Jib

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:56 PM

The Kittiwake

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 5:58 PM

Yep that’s it, well done again.

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:06 PM

Hope you’re all keeping safe and well. I think people where I am are starting to take this seriously and isolating where possible and keeping the correct safe distance. Good to see although you get a few selfish idiots.

Past few days I’ve spent a lot time at work finding vulnerable people who are isolating and have no immediate way of getting food, medicines and essentials. I’ve managed to find 5 in a few days from a handful of estates. There are going to be many more so those who are on social media or know people who know people etc make them aware there are services available to make sure they’re supported.

My area for example have a service who will do the shopping and prescriptions etc and drop them off at the address simply by contacting 101 and getting in touch with the neighbourhood teams.

• Online Guy

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:10 PM

Munster

I’m lucky in that I can escape a good distance and it does feel like a mini vacation after a couple hours .

Confinement is the mother of invention .

Still have chores to do . Keeps me from seizing up .

• geordietom