web analytics

Report – Bruce Interested In Irish Duo If They Become Free Agents This Summer

TEAMtalk has an exclusive report claiming that Newcastle are considering making moves for Burnley duo Robbie Brady and Jeff Hendrick this summer.

As things stand, both players will be out of contract this summer, though Burnley has an option to extend Brady’s contract for another season.

Burnley are currently in contract talks with Jeff Hendrick, who they signed from Derby in 2016. There is said to be several clubs, including Newcastle, interested in the midfielder if he doesn’t resign with the Clarets.

Both players turned 28-years-old this past January and are current Republic of Ireland internationals. So they could join international teammate Ciaran Clark on Tyneside if this report is accurate.

Brady and Hendrick– playing for the Republic of Ireland

Steve Bruce brought Robbie Brady to Hull City permanently in 2013, after spending a few seasons on loan. Brady joined Burnley in the summer of 2017 but suffered a severe knee injury in December of that year.

Since then, the Irishman has only started 11 games in the Premier League. Jeff Hendrick, however, has been a staple in the Burnley team since he joined and has made 22 starts in the league this season.

The report claims Bruce covets the duo for their versatility and experience. If brought in, they would provide cover in multiple areas.

Earlier this season, Bruce spoke about exploring the free-agent market to supplement the squad. So maybe both Brady and Hendrick are two players he has in mind.

Should Newcastle Try To Keep Freddie Woodman This Summer?

• Yes (87%, 1,247 )
  • No (13%, 186 )

Total Voters: 1,433

Loading ... Loading ...

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:07 PM

Hope you’re all keeping safe and well. I think people where I am are starting to take this seriously and isolating where possible and keeping the correct safe distance. Good to see although you get a few selfish idiots.

Past few days I’ve spent a lot time at work finding vulnerable people who are isolating and have no immediate way of getting food, medicines and essentials. I’ve managed to find 5 in a few days from a handful of estates. There are going to be many more so those who are on social media or know people who know people etc make them aware there are services available to make sure they’re supported.

My area for example have a service who will do the shopping and prescriptions etc and drop them off at the address simply by contacting 101 and getting in touch with the neighbourhood teams.

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:11 PM

That’s obviously for uk based posters.

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:15 PM

Spent a bit of time past week or so when I’ve had time to play catch up on the blog. Been busier now than during football season it seems. In a way it’s good to talk about things other than football, get a better insight to other posters.

Not the music related posts though lol, never interested me 🙂

• toon22

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:18 PM

Have we been sold yet?

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:19 PM

fairs cup,
    About twenty years ago I was working on a proper rough estate in Benwell, got attacked by a rottweiler called George in one house, it was friendly until you tried to leave the house. I can’t for the life of me remember the name of the estate. Anyway we were out in Newcastle one night and some lad in the bog standing with his mates said ”where ye from like” if I’d said South Shields they’d have kicked off 100% so I said in my daftest West end accent Ben-wellll, when he asked ”whereaboots like” I said that estate I was working on, this footin tramp looked at me like something he’d stood on and walked off in disgust ha ha 😀

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:26 PM

Nice one jail.

• ronaldo aarons

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:31 PM

Someone mentioned players taking cuts or freezing salaries for the moment while things at the club get in order. Just reading that juventus, Bayern and Dortmund are doing just that.

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:35 PM

It was ok when you worked at the Spanish City, the rides were mainly owned by two families the Crows and the Hoadleys and believe me they were hard, all the workers wore white jackets and if we ever got in trouble they would all jump in and rescue you.

Great times.

• geordietom

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:36 PM

anyone remember this jarrow lad …

• Harley

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:40 PM

On topic.

I think both players would be excellent additions as squad players.

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:41 PM

Just watched the first ten minutes of that Armageddon video. Dear Gawd 😮

• Tramp

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:42 PM

Not sure I’ve ever posted any music here, so, if it’s not too early doors…

You know you’ve nailed the tribute when you’ve brought Led Zeppelin to tears

• Jib

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:52 PM

A local band on Spanish Tv in the 70’s

• magscar

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:54 PM

Geordie Tom

not heard that in years – always thought he was a South Shields lad

Tramp

Saw that the other week either someone posted or it was one of those “suggested videos”on right hand side pf Toutube that take away hours of your life without warning, Great tribute

• magscar

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:55 PM

Ronaldo

Good on you mate

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:55 PM

Jib – I seem to remember Brian Johnson with Geordie on a kids show early seventies but can’t remember the show.

• magscar

Mar 29, 2020 at 6:59 PM

Jib

struggled to make out Brian Johnson there but must be him.

Bit of Sabredance thrown in on guitar break ?

• Tramp

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:05 PM

Magscar

The old Youtube rabbit hole! Fallen down there too many times!

Maybe it hasn’t thrown up this absolute gem yet… My favourite (living) guitarist.

Beautiful song.

I tried to explain to my missus how it feels to support Newcastle and the closest I’ve come is to get her to listen to the emotion of his guitar…

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:07 PM

Paul Kossoff guitar solo in this haunts you when you’ve heard it about 10 times.

• DaveD1000

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:07 PM

Jib #13

Proper…

• Jib

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:11 PM

Bonamassa is the best

• Moonraker15

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:19 PM

I see we’re still targeting world class players! What a great club!

• Tramp

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:26 PM

fairscup

Incredible.

Jib

Been lucky enough to see him a couple times. Saw him with Beth Hart and had no idea who she was at the time. Her voice stripped the clothes off my back!

• Moonraker15

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:27 PM

Fairscup
    The town moor fair used to be so exciting when we were kids. I somehow wonder if I was dreaming seeing some of the attractions. I remember being awestruck by the wall of death motorcyclist. But the Waltzer was the event and the hard men jumping between the cars added to the excitement. Great days!

• magscar

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:28 PM

Tramp

No never come across that one before but enjoyed it i like a bit of slow moody playing that builds up.

have to pass onto my mate if that is Rory gallaghers well run in Strat as he’s a massive fan -probably knows this as plays in local bands and well into guitar stuff

You might appreciate this one originally from the 70’s and not as well known as much of his catalogue but long a favourite of mine ( bside of Derek and the Dominoes single which uised to get some hammer on juke box in the Boro when i lived on Teesside

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:29 PM

Tramp – yea play it once a week without fail, have done for years.

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:29 PM

One of the best fantastic audience and quality video.

• The Sheikh'sMate

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:30 PM

Jail@5…it wasn’t the Pendower Estate was it?

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:31 PM

Moonraker – jumping the waltzer was easy when you got used to it, the grand national too.

• DaveD1000

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:32 PM

I enjoy JB and do not understand the hating he gets laid on him from musos

• magscar

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:34 PM

Fairscup

Great guitarist and what might have been if he hadn’t died so young – like many in the era

Definitely a bit of Spoonful going on in bass playing

Blues men like folk men borrowed from each other and the traditional songs

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:36 PM

magscar – Bell Bottom Blues – Classic slow hand track.

• DaveD1000

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:41 PM

Fairscup
    Free was my first love and I was a Koss Doppleganger which went down well with the lasses

• magscar

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:44 PM

Anglo Saxon

Wow what a performance – early Sunday evening and i want to dig out my old Squier Strat and duck walk across the living room to the video at full blast haha

Not the biggest AC/DC fan but when they rock ……….

• fairscup

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:48 PM

DaveD – I bet it did.

I’ve got every recording they made both live and studio, great vocals, great bass, even Simon Kirke’s drumming was/is good – then there was koss……..

• The Sheikh'sMate

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:49 PM

Geordietom@9…Oh yes… Around 1990 my then partner and myself went to see him as lead guitar for Tina Turner at Woburn Abbey in front of 70,000+ crowd. Luckily my other half paid extra for enclosure seats which meant going to and fro to the loo when you wantad.
    I always remember looking behind us and seeing 70000 faces and thinking.. pleased we paid the xtra ha. Fantastic support as well… A great band from Liverpool. River City People, and then Michael Mcdonald… What a voice.. I always remember…. being stupid.. feeling a bit peeved cause she had the hots for the trumpet/keyboard player… so stupid… He WAS built like Garth tho. ha

• DaveD1000

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:50 PM

Free Live turned up to 11 MR Big…………….died and gone to heaven

• Anglo Saxon

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:57 PM

One for lesh/magscar Lp vinyl sound

• Jail for Ashley

Mar 29, 2020 at 7:58 PM

Sheiks mate,
    Nope, it was in walking distance of Benwell high street, I used to remember it as I used to tell the story quite often but can’t for the life of me think of it. Maybe Jibbers can help out.