web analytics

Fans Strongly Feel Newcastle Should Keep Goalkeeper This Summer

Swansea City have announced that Newcastle goalkeeper Freddie Woodman is down in London as he self-isolates during the coronavirus pandemic.

However, Freddie is still managing to assist some of his more vulnerable family members while in isolation. He’s been collecting some essentials for his grandparents and leaving them at their front door.

The 23-year-old is also keeping fit following the fitness plan outlined for him by Swansea fitness coach David Tivey.

This is some of what Woodman has said about how he is managing during this pandemic:

“I’ve gone back to London to my house, where my parents are also staying.

“It’s been a great opportunity to help my grandparents and great-grandparents. They don’t live too far away from me, so I’ve been doing shopping runs for them and delivering food to their doorstep.

“It’s been difficult not seeing them, but it’s important that they stay self-isolated, are safe and have everything they need in the house.

“In these times it’s tremendously important that we look out for each other, particularly the elderly, and follow all of the NHS and government guidelines.

“I’ve seen some amazing gestures made by people all over the country during this difficult time, so it’s just a small thing from me that is hopefully making a big difference to them.

“I built a home gym last summer, and it turns out that it’s the best investment I’ve ever made. I’ve absolutely battered it since self-isolation came in.

“I see this time as an opportunity to improve my body – to get stronger – in readiness for when the season continues.”

Woodman has been very impressive on loan at Swansea, starting every game in the league while keeping 11 clean sheets. With just one year remaining on his contract after this one, he’s been receiving some outside interest from clubs like Arsenal.

Steve Bruce will meet with Freddie after this season to discuss his future on Tyneside. Hopefully, he can be convinced to sign a new deal keeping him at the club he joined as a 16-year-old in 2013.

Our poll shows that the vast majority of readers hope that happens. Of the 1433 total votes, 87% think Newcastle should try to keep Woodman this summer.

Should Newcastle Try To Keep Freddie Woodman This Summer?

• Yes (87%, 1,247 )
  • No (13%, 186 )

Total Voters: 1,433

Loading ... Loading ...

• lesh

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:02 AM

Hibbit

If it was you posted that Ashley had no role in Fraser Group, it appears he’s Chief Exec.

It must be difficult keeping up with the slimy girl’s shenanigans.

• Just a Fat Dave Bassett

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:05 AM

Id be devastated if we lost him and Matty. We wait years in the hope we will get a star youth and to lose both would be hard to take. But its tough call with Dubravka single handedly (or using two hands) keeping us in the top league. If we could get 70m for Dubs Id take it and buy a striker, then play Woodman.

• jazzyp

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:08 AM

100% Keep Woodman. Bring him back to learn off Dubs or loan him out for more experience ,But way to early to even contemplate selling the kid already

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:11 AM

The Ashley fan club screaming everyone else is screaming YCMIU

Yet they do on a daily basis..

• Pain in the Blog

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:19 AM

JaFDB,

“If this happens then 2020 has been a good year.”

No, I wouldn’t go that far Mate.

• RobLeenio

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:20 AM

lesh, that was me – fair enough, I hadn’t realised he was an Officer of Fraser Group.

Still, the point remains, Ashley’s personal cashflow is not dependent on Sports Direct’s liquidity. As such, this crisis doesn’t force his hand towards selling NUFC.

Then again, as someone else mentioned in a downturn cash is king and he may well have his eye on an acquisition or two and may want to free up the money he has tied up in NUFC for that purpose.

• hibbit

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:22 AM

Lesh not me i think it was RobLeenio

• hibbit

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:23 AM

sorry Rob see you have already answered

• geordietom

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:26 AM

OP …
    you still working , if so how you doing ?

• RobLeenio

Mar 31, 2020 at 11:31 AM

No worries, hibbit, all good mate.

For what it’s worth, re your post earlier saying you wouldn’t be repeating the mistakes of three years ago, I for one am convinced that you didn’t make any mistakes three years ago and that you were passing on information in good faith. I know some gave you a hard time, I always felt that was really harsh and I was delighted when you came back to the blog after your self-imposed exile.

I’d be all ears if you did, indeed, have any information to pass on this time. I doubt I’m alone.