Today details emerged about how Saudi Arabia’s PIF are making some acquisitions during the coronavirus pandemic, a report claims Newcastle will not follow Liverpool’s action of canceling plans to place staff on furlough leave, and the FA chairman gave a speech calling on the football community to stick together.
Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.
- Steve Bruce explains how he’s keeping busy while the season is suspended and the country is on lockdown.
- Liverpool have dramatically reversed course on their decision to place non-playing staff on furlough leave.
- Saudi Arabia’s PIF are planning on making some interesting acquisitions despite the coronavirus pandemic.
- Jamie Carragher has high praise for our goalkeeper Martin Dubravka.
- An unsurprising report claims Mike Ashley will not follow Liverpool’s lead to reverse course on placing staff on furlough leave.
- Sunderland have announced that they will place their first-team squad on furlough leave.
- Newcastle United are in very good financial shape yet are one of only a handful of clubs to take the furlough route.
- A report claims Newcastle have registered an interest in Marseille midfielder Morgan Sanson.
- FA Chairman Greg Clarke gave a speech calling for unity in the footballing community.