web analytics

Deposit Paid, Shearer Breaks His Silence, And Bruce To Remain – Today’s News Roundup

Today we learned that a deposit has been paid by the Saudi-led consortium on the looming £300m sale of NUFC, Alan Shearer broke his silence on the past week’s reports of a deal being agreed, and Bruce is looking more and more likely to be allowed to finish this season.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• French journalist Manu Lonjon tweets that the announcement of the takeover being completed is imminent.
  • Another report is claiming that Steve Bruce will keep his job and have a chance to prove himself.
  • It looks like Steve Bruce will be allowed to complete this season, but a new manager will likely be appointed for the next campaign.

• droppy in Wallsend

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:24 PM

Just need the announcement now. Tough few days.

• Online Guy

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:29 PM

Bus !

Ashley and Charnley offered numerous people the Managers Job after Ashley forced Rafa out .

I think Steve Bruce was 14th on the list .

You cannot expect people with serious money and serious intentions to employ a football manager who was almost last on Ashleys list and not even Ashleys preffered choice.

Bruce only got the job after many credible managers said no chance..not working under a greedy excuse of an owner.

Let Bruce see the season out and bid him Adios .

• Tackle from behind

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:30 PM

I’d really like to see Rafa back, good for the club, team, region, fans et al. Just seeking a way to make it work on the pitch without his prudent style. Some modern high intensity coaches added to the staff.

• mac the jaffrey

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:32 PM

Anyone seen the latest news on oil prices? They’ve crashed into negative figures!! Suddenly a bottle of coke is cheaper than a barrel of oil…… I’m no expert at all n don’t know if this affects our buyers or not……….. surely this couldn’t happen to us, could it??

• mac the jaffrey

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:33 PM

*barrel of oil cheaper than bottle of coke I meant…..*

• WLtoon

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:35 PM

Never been so edgy as i have over the last week but had a stupid grin on my face in all that time, even in my sleep.
    If only the pub was open, i don,t drink in the house normally but the cans are still waiting to be dismantled in no uncertain terms.

• Reilly

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:35 PM

Its american oil.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:35 PM

Kinda doesn’t matter to us Mac mate, our Saudi saviours already have the money in their account even if they never sell another barrel of oil.

• mac the jaffrey

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:36 PM

Reilly & tackle from behind

All I needed to hear cheers, I can resume breathing now…..

• On the other hand

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:36 PM

Weird?

I’d call asking someone for 2 years if they were in the Army just to insult them weird.

Or bigotry you decide.

I find it weird a grown man would spend his days upsetting people he doesn’t know just because he doesn’t like their opinions.

• Reilly

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:36 PM

James Ashdown
    @J_Ashdown89
    · 15m
    For all those worrying about oil prices going to zero – it’s not true. Oil is still trading – reports are on ‘futures’ which is entirely different. Brent crude is being sold over $25 a barrel (this is the benchmark for everyone apart from the US). Don’t worry.

• barkel

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:37 PM

The only reason I can see why Bruce would be kept would be to do with travel restrictions, having to self isolate for 14 days etc. We’re practically safe, probably need 6-7 points from 9 games IF the season goes ahead to be sure. It’s highly unlikely any new manager coming in would have us pushing for a Europa place

• Shadow_Shearer

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:38 PM

Mac
    I heard about it, apparently the uk has ran out of storage space because nobody has been purchasing it. Hopefully prices around the world will start dropping

• Shadow_Shearer

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:42 PM

If I was the new owners, I’d get rid of Bruce straight away to give the new manager more time to settle, and get to know his players and what is needed. Only way I would keep bruce is if the right man was not available, but that is a possibility

• Online Guy

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:43 PM

Munster

If Rafa comes back new owners will give him a decent budget and with a 1st class midfield acquisition (Willian) ? Hazard ? , a serious pair of Strikers, 2 serious full backs, you will see Less conservative
    football.

Rafas tactics were born of necessity…little money..a low wage structure, and a stubborn owner with no fecking ambition.

Rafa will fly .

I want Special K back . the ride will be great to be a part of .

• lesh

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:44 PM

Droppy

The few Liverpool fans I’ve met have nothing but praise for Rafa. They don’t whine about the football he delivered but wax lyrical about what he did for Liverpool FC and the city.

• bettyswallocks

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:45 PM

My Cash Lie should do the honourable thing and make a farewell speech from the centre of SJP at our next home match, setting out his version of his ownership and allowing fans to give him a fitting send off.

• lesh

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:47 PM

Droppy

You didn’t tell me that Foy Vance is a Brit. I’d assumed he was American and finding out he wasn’t, really surprised.

Thanks for the heads up

• bettyswallocks

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:48 PM

OLG………. You should get all your CB radio buddies to participate in Ashlie’s send off the day he hands over the keys.

• droppy in Wallsend

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:49 PM

Lesh

I only really know one Liverpool fan and he talks absolute horse apples, so I tend not to listen.

Just wondered as I don’t recall them moaning when he was boss and he’s still held in very high regard, I think he did a decent job for us given the obvious restrictions placed upon him. I think with money and proper backing he’d get us up and running again.

• Jib

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:49 PM

• WLtoon

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:50 PM

Funny how attitudes change between different sets of supporters. Its true, Liverpool fans adored Rafa, yet Chelsea supporters could,nt wit to see the back of him. Basically he played the same tactics at both clubs yet only one set of fans appreciated Rafa.

• droppy in Wallsend

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:52 PM

Lesh

You’re very welcome, I know Foy isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Not been listening to him for long myself but he’s a talented lad

• Geordie-john

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:54 PM

Rafa !

• WLtoon

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:55 PM

With the Rafa thing, if he does return, i wonder if he will bring Rondon with him. Im sure Rondon would jump at the chance of coming back. Yes i know we will probably be looking for top end strikers but i definitely think Rondon would be more than deserving of a squad number.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:57 PM

WLToon, Rondon is a good shout another favourite and at least good back up to a big name striker addition whilt settling in

• G

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:57 PM

As much as I think Bruce has done a far better job than I expected in my incredibly low expectations, I would drop him like a stroppy mackem if we could bring a better manager in. Rafa back, or indeed any of the big names linked. Deffo upgrade

• ctommo

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:58 PM

Wl@22
    Pretty sure the Chelsea fans were hating on Rafa before he even got the job due to comments he had previously made about them.

• lesh

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:58 PM

Reading the most recently posted Telegraph piece, I was disappointed that Bruce seems to have heard nothing from Ashley. That’s no surprise.

But to be told, by Charmless no doubt, that he (Bruce) would be the first to know IF anything developed.

Ffs, if that’s the way Ashley treats senior staff, he hasn’t learned a thing over the years and it would seem that he has no desire to change his behaviour.

On the matter of Steve Bruce, the man’s had more than his share of luck but decency should say that he be treated with respect.

• Tackle from behind

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:58 PM

probably a few others that might be keen to leave china for other “projects” at the minute

• JDdubai

Apr 20, 2020 at 8:59 PM

I think rondon is on around 130-140k a week in China, if he is willing to return he better be ready for a 50% wage cut as he wouldnt be worth any more than that for me.

• JDdubai

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:00 PM

jib

nice, had a feeling that was what it would be 🙂

• Tackle from behind

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:01 PM

Jib – that’s not nice

• barkel

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:02 PM

Good one Jib!

Lesh, Droppy .. bit harsh calling Foy Vance a Brit! 😀 Born on the Island of Ireland .. he must be Irish

• Jail for Ashley

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:04 PM

Lord haw Haw strikes again, get him straight to Wandsworth Gaol once his paymaster has fled!

• WLtoon

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:05 PM

JD

Had no idea Rondon was on that much. Its a no go then.

• Bigjim67

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:05 PM

Hope we get an official announcement this week or at least by the beginning of May.
    These new owners will not only be good for nufc but also the whole city.
    Really can’t wait!!!! 😀

• Bigjim67

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Beginning of May at the latest i meant

• droppy in Wallsend

Apr 20, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Barkel

Northern Irish, so UK at least.