Today we learned that a deposit has been paid by the Saudi-led consortium on the looming £300m sale of NUFC, Alan Shearer broke his silence on the past week’s reports of a deal being agreed, and Bruce is looking more and more likely to be allowed to finish this season.
Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.
- A report claims that the Saudi-led consortium has paid a deposit on their £300m takeover of Newcastle.
- The ambitions of the new ownership group are revealed and it sounds very exciting.
- Alan Shearer still has questions he’d like answered before getting too excited about takeover claims.
- Popular Newcastle fan group Wor Flags is committed to returning once takeover is complete and football returns to full stadiums.
- Hugo Rodallega backs his countryman Alfredo Morelos’s readiness to compete at Newcastle United.
- A second report reveals that the Saudi-backed consortium has paid a deposit to buy Newcastle United.
- French journalist Manu Lonjon tweets that the announcement of the takeover being completed is imminent.
- Another report is claiming that Steve Bruce will keep his job and have a chance to prove himself.
- It looks like Steve Bruce will be allowed to complete this season, but a new manager will likely be appointed for the next campaign.