web analytics

Temporary Rule Change For Substitutions To Be In Place When Premier League Returns

There are many changes the Premier League will have to adapt to when they return to action, whether to complete this season or for the next one.

The Chronicle are reporting a potential rule change that is actually quite interesting.

The report claims that the International Football Association Board will allow teams to make up to five substitutions per match. This rule will be in effect until December 31st, with the possibility it could extend into next year.

The IFAB is made up of representatives from the FA, the Scottish FA, the Football Association of Wales, Northern Ireland’s FA, as well as FIFA.

Teams will only be allowed to make substitutions on three separate occasions as well as half time. However, the number of substitutions has been raised from three to five.

Another area that could be tweaked is VAR. The IFAB will allow leagues that use the technology to stop doing so if they so desire. However, the Chronicle reports that the Premier League is unlikely to drop VAR.

These changes will be discussed at the next Premier League meeting, which is expected to take place on Monday.

Here is a statement from FIFA on the temporary rule changes:

“As football begins to consider resumption of competitions across the world following the COVID-19 pandemic, The International Football Association Board (The IFAB) has agreed to make a temporary amendment to the Laws of the Game based on a proposal received from FIFA seeking to protect player welfare.

“For competitions which have either started or are intended to start, but are scheduled to be completed by 31 December 2020, the IFAB has approved FIFA’s proposal to introduce a temporary amendment to Law 3 – The Players, which will allow for a maximum of five substitutes to be made per team.

“However, to avoid disruption to the game, each team will only have three opportunities to make substitutions; substitutions may also be made at half-time.

“The temporary amendment comes into force with immediate effect, and has been made as matches may be played in a condensed period in different weather conditions, both of which could have impacts on player welfare.

“The decision on whether to apply this temporary amendment will remain at the discretion of each individual competition organiser, while The IFAB and FIFA will determine at a later stage whether this temporary amendment would need to be extended further (e.g. for competitions due to be completed in 2021).

“The amendment to Law 3 affects both the 2019/20 and 2020/21 Laws of the Game, with the latter coming into effect as from 1 June 2020.

“In relation to competitions in which the video assistant referee (VAR) system is implemented, these competitions are permitted to cease its use upon restart at the discretion of each individual competition organiser.

“However, where VAR is used, all aspects of the Laws of the Game and, by extension, the VAR protocol will remain in place.”

• Mister Tuff

May 8, 2020 at 4:19 PM

Moanster – previou “……the new dog whining”

Wonder who it takes after.

Aye and Moanster – wasted no time in having yet another pop at the UK – on the day VE day is being celebrated.
    Praising up the Germans.

Reminds me when your man Eamon de Valera – when the war in Europe was finished – attended the German Embassy in Dublin to sign the book of condolences.

Give it a rest slagging off the UK and our politicans.

• magicbus

May 8, 2020 at 4:31 PM

Wonder if Carrol will be fit by then or is that wishful thinking?

• cleveleysbob

May 8, 2020 at 4:34 PM

Just thought I’d post a link, to show what a load of twaddle the “science” that got us locked down is; https://twitter.com/martinleejones/status/1258498578634416128?s=21

Never done one before so hope it works, if not sticking to football forever, promise!

• cleveleysbob

May 8, 2020 at 4:36 PM

Hey it worked, you’ve got to go backwards through the thread.

• Ron Knee

May 8, 2020 at 4:42 PM

She defends David Irving, bob.

• cleveleysbob

May 8, 2020 at 4:46 PM

Ron, I thought she just trashed Neil Ferguson’s model?

• cleveleysbob

May 8, 2020 at 4:51 PM

It’s not a political agenda, just a personal feeling I have that the lock down, though probably necessary to an extent, is overly draconian and I’m not sure that it’s achieved everything that the politicians claim. I’ve seen graphs that show,, by washing our hands and voluntarily maintaining social distancing, the “R” number was below 1 Before the lockdown started and it’s simply maintained that level since.

• Ron Knee

May 8, 2020 at 4:52 PM

Scroll down her timeline, bob.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 8, 2020 at 4:55 PM

The thing about science is it’s flawed, relies on trial and error and learning from mistakes. But in this case the basic premise to distance people as far as possible from each other is sound and can’t be disputed. And the better you implement that, the more likely the virus will be extinguished. That’s it.

All the other stuff, washing hands, not sneezing on people’s food, coughing in faces coing to flaming work as a brave soul loaded with cold etc should be done anyway but people don’t, do they ?

Hopefully one lesson people learn from this is basic hygiene isn’t just manners you can take or leave, it’s a health requirement and saves people from getting really ill or dying.

• cleveleysbob

May 8, 2020 at 4:57 PM

Well said tsunki, agreed totally.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 8, 2020 at 4:58 PM

Cleveleys the lockdown isn’t overly Draconian it’s necessary and the firmer it’s implemented the quicker it can be done away with. The idea that every government in the world wants you at home playing mario karts and stuffing Doritos in instead of working for their economy is barmy.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 8, 2020 at 4:59 PM

Not having a go cleveleys just a counter view.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 8, 2020 at 5:00 PM

I still reckon we don’t know what’s hit us. The virus is only stage one of this crisis. The fallout from it will last years I reckon.

• IrishRob

May 8, 2020 at 5:07 PM

Pat, I mean Steve you’re fired, I’m sorry but youre fired.
    In Rafa or Poch we trust!!!!

• DaveD1000

May 8, 2020 at 5:13 PM

guy, in the last couple of days, drove from Leicester to Snowden (180 miles) so he could exercise. The measures make sense people if left to themselves people will do the stupids

• Munster Mag

May 8, 2020 at 5:14 PM

Mr Tuff you’re being a sad tool again. Yes the Germans did better than the UK, and Ireland, on the virus.

And I said it on VE day??

So what?

Idiot, get off your soapbox.

• Munster Mag

May 8, 2020 at 5:19 PM

Cleveleys I’ve seen the same info as you.

• Our Toon

May 8, 2020 at 5:21 PM

Cleverley

So the world has decided to sabotage there own economies for no reason?

Just think we’ve lost 31k by having a lockdown, imagine the number without lockdown. If you want examples or facts look no further than Sweden, Sweden went down a very different route to that of its neighbours, whilst the others went all “draconian” the mighty swedes chose freedom and liberty, they allowed the public to decide of they wanted to practice safe distance

Sweden’s virus death rate is 291 per million inhabitants – compared to Norway’s death rate of 40 per million, Denmark’s rate of 87, or Finland’s rate of 45. Sweden has come out and said they got it wrong and should’ve enforced lockdown. Sweden have lost over 3k lives, Norway 265!!

The virus isnt anywhere near done yet, it’ll be back for when the winter flu kicks off. That’s when most of the damage will be done. I can produce a graph to show you now that the R was never above 1……will take me less than 5mins. However what I wont tell you is that my figures etc are made up so essentially the graph is utter bollcoks, I can then post this on Twitter and people like yourself will swallow it up…..because they want to believe it.

The point I’m making is do some proper research, Twitter, Facebook, youtube the home of BS made up stories dressed as news articles. Tell the people who’s loved ones have passed or who’s loved ones are currently working on the front line, risking themselves so you can sit there and spout drivel.

I’m probably coming across as harsh but honestly this type of uneducated nonsense is just unacceptable

• The Hit Man & Her

May 8, 2020 at 5:24 PM

Yep I reckon in this age of misinformation bombardment the only info you can really trust comes from the horse’s mouth. Those on the front line who see the illness and deaths.

• Munster Mag

May 8, 2020 at 5:24 PM

It’s very interesting Cleveleys. I was in favour of a heavy lockdown but economies will be in massive trouble if we don’t get working and the hse/nhs will be in a different type of trouble besides being icu overrun with covid.

• Mister Tuff

May 8, 2020 at 5:31 PM

From time/date now it looks that some of the deaths predicted (initially) were way over the top.
    With the suggestion the NHS would be overwhelmed. The NHS had to be protected – but they did not have the PPE etc. Looks to me that the subsequent policy was based on getting extra equipment/time for the NHS – – cost being a few more deaths.
    They’ve made a right backside of it.
    Don’t want the public wearing masks as this equates to less for the NHS/health care providers etc.

• Unused Substitute

May 8, 2020 at 5:32 PM

Do we know already the outcome of Monday’s vote on PL restart?

• DubaiMicky

May 8, 2020 at 5:33 PM

Changing the subject I’m rather pee’d orf.

Just 20 years back i was 6’2″, now I just scrape above 6′, can any of you older guys confirm we shrink as we age, I know I have dodgy knees and a broken back (all now repaired) but still, I’ve lost 2 inches in height!

One slight comforting note is that my friends have lost it to, I’m still taller than them.

Anyway, as you were.

• simon376

May 8, 2020 at 5:33 PM

Our Toon

Thanks and good to see someone with common sense. I’ve just been speaking to someone who thinks this is all made up. Yes believes there is some kind of virus but not that strong and figures are false. As I keep saying, if it was only here and nowhere else, maybe, but not almost every country. If governments did think they had got it wrong, they would quickly turn things around as the cost of this is going to be unbearable and hit us for so many years. That should be enough to realise something really is going on. Worldwide thousands have died who shouldn’t have. Yes the lockdown may seem strong, but let’s be thankful we are here to be able to complain about being locked down and bored. If we weren’t maybe we wouldn’t be able to complain as too late

• simon376

May 8, 2020 at 5:38 PM

Micky

I’m almost 45 and was diagnosed with osteoporosis 3 years ago and had lost just over 2.5 inch in height, I was only 5’8” really hope I don’t lose anymore as I get older

• bill

May 8, 2020 at 5:38 PM

I’m lovin it!

• Anglo Saxon

May 8, 2020 at 5:40 PM

DM yes as you get older you shrink, your bell end turns blue, your ears grow bigger, long term marriage you don’t need covid 19 for social distancing ie 2 meters is automatic, enjoy old age.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 8, 2020 at 5:40 PM

I think I’m still 6′ 1″ and hopefully nowt else has shrunk….

• IrishRob

May 8, 2020 at 5:46 PM

Unfortunately we loose quite a bit of height as we age, partially due to muscles not being as firm and tense as they once were which leads to drooping and croocked backs and necks falling forward, but more importantly the intervertebral discs degenerate and the gaps in between you’re vertebrae close and we loose height.

On top of this you loose cartilage and synovial fluid in your joints such as knees hips ankles etc which further reduce height.

Some can retain a lot of their height into old age but unfortunately most of us are destined to shrink.

• DubaiMicky

May 8, 2020 at 5:49 PM

Oh great, thanks guys, I’ll be a midget at 70!

• Munster Mag

May 8, 2020 at 5:52 PM

Yes mickey but the Toon will be huge!

• Munster Mag

May 8, 2020 at 5:53 PM

Anglo, I was amazed re your adder story. ‘Kin hell!

• hibbit

May 8, 2020 at 5:55 PM

as a staff nurse in the RVI once told me, “stop bloody moaning will you , you woke up this morning didn’t you, plenty others didn’t”

• yogz69

May 8, 2020 at 5:57 PM

As long as you haven’t lost 2 inches where it matters micky

• Our Toon

May 8, 2020 at 5:59 PM

For those who arent happy with lockdown, do something productive and volunteer for NHS. Help out on the front line and see fir yourself whether or not the measures taken are draconian

• Anglo Saxon

May 8, 2020 at 6:01 PM

Munster 1000s of adders in Northumberland mate, if you kill one its £10,000 fine and as you know very poisonous.

• IrishRob

May 8, 2020 at 6:03 PM

A man I know who has 11 children his name is Mickey Power!

• north east lincs toon

May 8, 2020 at 6:09 PM

You shrink when you’re testosterone levels reduce depends how you look after yourself I.e. drinking smoking

• Munster Mag

May 8, 2020 at 6:09 PM

Our Toon, UK is 460 deaths per million population. Sweden 298. Ireland 289. I think we are both in the top 10 bad countries by this Stat