web analytics

Magpie To Resume Loan Spell Should Season Continue – Report

There was a report last week that the EFL would tell clubs in both League One and League Two that their current campaigns are over. According to the report, it would be up to the clubs to decide how to handle promotion and relegation.

However, as of now, this has not happened, and clubs are still waiting on news of what will happen with the rest of this season.

One of those clubs is Rotherham United, who had Newcastle midfielder Dan Barlaser on loan until recently. In March, Dan was recalled from his loan spell to self-isolate.

Paul Davis, with the Rotherham Advertiser, is reporting that if Rotherham do play again this season, Dan Barlaser will be allowed to return and see out his loan deal.

Barlaser had been out with an ankle injury since late February when the season was suspended due to the coronavirus. However, before his injury, he had been playing out of his skin and was one of the best midfielders in the division.

This is what Davis and a few Rotherham fans had to say when asked by a Newcastle fan about Dan’s performances.

Barlaser has just one year remaining on his contract, and reports earlier this year claimed that Steve Bruce would take a long look at the 23-year-old during preseason.

However, that seems like a lifetime ago with the coronavirus pandemic and the pending takeover. Like many other Magpies, Dan’s future remains in limbo as we await an announcement on the takeover and what the future of football will look like.

• Bills Son Is Back

May 12, 2020 at 5:12 PM

If the takeover doesn’t go through real fans will do what they’ve done for the last 51 years since we won a trophy…

Continue always supporting the team, not always the regime, rejoicing when we win (whichever way we win}, drowning sorrows when we lose and never giving up hope that there will be better times to come.

That’s real what fans do.

Whether they attend matches or not.

Plastic fans will throw the towel in.

• Bants

May 12, 2020 at 5:16 PM

Hibbit,

Re your question on previous thread.

For me a ‘real fan’ has it in his blood. It’s not a case of which team do I pick now because things aren’t going well for us. You couldn’t possibly support another.

For example,you may choose to boycott but you still feel the pain don’t you?
    There’s no way you could let those feelings go.

• DaveD1000

May 12, 2020 at 5:20 PM

IrishRob

can’t say too much about Hanks but this may help explain…

Mr. E Nigma
    @NSANalyst
    I saw your folder filled with photos of Obama without his skin. The lizard people will be there shortly. #ANALyst #iseeall #lizardconspiracy

keep it under your tinfoil hat say nowt

• Jib

May 12, 2020 at 5:31 PM

DaveD1000
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSShhhhhhhhhh
    FFS
    The Irish aren’t in on it

• IrishRob

May 12, 2020 at 5:33 PM

Aaah all makes sense now! Lol Cheers dave!

• geordietom

May 12, 2020 at 5:33 PM

• DaveD1000

May 12, 2020 at 5:37 PM

Rob
    just don’t mention it if Bobby is around….word to the wise

• IrishRob

May 12, 2020 at 5:39 PM

Rofl, Dave you know I gotta now you said it. Lol let’s hope he hasnt taken his meds when I do, it will be all the better for it. Lol

• hibbit

May 12, 2020 at 5:48 PM

Bill
    there’s going to be a hell of a lot of people short of money in the coming months, and if its still Ashley at the helm a big percentage of them will walk away, real fans or not,
    i’m not calling for a boycott, just simply economics will swing into play if there’s no change this time, there has to be more to drag the fans than a simple love of the club under these extraordinary time,

• JohnJ

May 12, 2020 at 5:49 PM

Bladey, (From previous thread)

I’ve been a poster on this blog for some years now and a reader for many years prior to that.

Sadly my health situation prevents me from attending games at St James’ Park but I was offered one of the “free tickets” available in January – I turned that down on health grounds but I would not have accepted a free ticket in any event to help Mr Ashley out. I have an old Newcastle Shirt that dates back to Northern Rock and there’s no way I’ll update it until Mr Ashley has finally gone for good. I took the decision a long time ago not to spend a penny in his shops – where ever they may be!

I do feel a bit of sympathy for Steve Bruce, a fellow Geordie, but if the Takeover completes and it will it’s a question of when not if……Rafa was the main man and I’d have him and Rondon back in a flash if it were possible!

• DubaiMicky

May 12, 2020 at 5:52 PM

geordietom, that bit of scran sounds spot on – all home made? Including the bread? Fair play to you fella. Me and the missus love dahl (home made) and paratha (frozen), chuck some tandoori chicken in there and I’m in heaven.

There’s a place in Satwa, Ravi’s Restaurant, been here for yonks (was an institution before I moved here in 2005), very basic, no cutlery, tandoori chicken, dahl, bread for 2 people and you can still get change out of a tenner. Everyone sits on big tables, everyone talks to each other from taxi drivers to royalty, no airs or graces. If anyone is ever over here – it’s a cheap as chips and must go place (butter chicken is the other favoured dish).

cthommo and JDubai will agree

• hibbit

May 12, 2020 at 5:53 PM

Bants @2 i agree mate that’s exactly how i think, cheers !!

• Munster Mag

May 12, 2020 at 5:56 PM

Plenty of Lizards are green Jib, and you know us Irish, we get everywhere!

The Irish Lizards are coming for you!

Hanks is our new Prince

( Cue stereotying from some muppet like Tuff 🙂 )

• Munster Mag

May 12, 2020 at 5:58 PM

Hibbitt you never told me why you came on here abusing me first thing this morning . What the hell were you on about you silly man ?

• Jib

May 12, 2020 at 6:00 PM

C’mon you lizards in green

• Munster Mag

May 12, 2020 at 6:00 PM

I like Bobbybee , always have, but he was swinging for me yesterday aswell because I wasnt nice about Trrump.

Did anyone see his presser where he berates the chinese then ignores both female chinese journos?

What a nice man!

• geordietom

May 12, 2020 at 6:00 PM

Dubaimicky …

now your making me hungry mate shukraan jazilaan…

• Munster Mag

May 12, 2020 at 6:02 PM

Rob and myself are having some baby brains with our mate Hanksy but will return to the fray shortly.

Please excuse us.

• IrishRob

May 12, 2020 at 6:02 PM

COYLIG!

• Munster Mag

May 12, 2020 at 6:03 PM

Geordietom that sounds like some cooking skills you have,

Myself and daugter are due to do a Madhur Jaffrey dish this week, should be fun.

• geordietom

May 12, 2020 at 6:03 PM

DubaiMicky …

forgot wor lass makes everything from scratch now out of tins or jars , we have two big asian supermarkets beside us so we are lucky that we can pick everything up fresh …

that link you put on the food looks really good mate …

• Munster Mag

May 12, 2020 at 6:04 PM

Gwan The Cats, Hon Limerick, Up Munster!

Gwan the jolly Green Lizards!

• geordietom

May 12, 2020 at 6:04 PM

nowt out of tins or jars *

• Munster Mag

May 12, 2020 at 6:05 PM

Tom I remember shopping in asian shops in south london, getting ghee ( right name? ) and stuff and feeling a bit multicultural , instead of the usual bacon cabbage and porter fare 🙂

• JP...from The Rock

May 12, 2020 at 6:06 PM

No matter how hard i could try i would never be able to disconnect from NUFC. It’s been a huge part of my life (for the past 20 plus years) and I am fuming when i miss a single minute of any game we play (Just ask any of my exes and my wife lol) For me be it on a holiday, a scorching sunny day, at a wedding, even on my wedding day, whatever the occasion I always make a point of watching the whole match no matter how torturous that may be. I even themed my wedding seating plan based on my dream Newcastle team made from my favourite players to don the famous striped shirt.

And support another team? That to me is totally out of the question. I only have one at heart and interest on Newcastle United and nothing else really matters to me. I know loads of fans of teams here in Gibraltar that support more than one team like Barcelona and Man Ure, I don’t understand how though I respect those that do.

I didn’t choose to support Newcastle, it chose me and it’s been like a marriage since. Full of ups and downs (mostly downs sadly), from one extreme to another, brief but extreme highs to soul churning lows. I keep telling anyone that bares listening to me how great we are and all that and I just can’t shut up about it.

We are an amazing club and I’ve been very lucky in being able to visit the hollowed pitch a few times and even met a few players and got some Gouffran to sign his match worn shirt when I won the golden ticket. I was beaming like a kid in Christmas.

This is my club and no matter what happens it will always be mine till I die.

AshLie has been a parasite that has sucked the joy and soul from the club with each passing year and it has been hell under him (except for that brilliant 5th we achieved under Pards)

This takeover under these mega rich owners is what I have been praying for ever since I saw how Chelsea were transformed into a brilliant team under Abromovich. We deserve it, to have hugely ambitious owners willing to spend to make this club the best it can be, the club is crying out for it.

This latest takeover saga (that I believe is genuine) can’t end soon enough, it has my nerves on edge and we are within touching distance of finally achieving greatness, just like when we were The Entertainers or better. When we can finally get excited again ahead of transfer windows and aiming for memorable european nights in the Champions League like the games against Barcelona of old.

I can’t wait anymore for the day we finally have the last laugh against the London Press and the extremely cocky Man Ure supporters that always mocked me for supporting Newcastle all these years.

Our pain all these years will make this takeover even sweeter and dwarf all the other clubs in the world. We can be the richest club in the world and possibly the greatest with superstars wanting to sign for us again.

I can’t wait for that to happen so when this takeover is officially announced I am going to celebrate like a lunatic, God knows we’ve earned it!

Ps sorry for the very long post got carried away there lol

• geordietom

May 12, 2020 at 6:06 PM

DubaiMicky … we like the Coconut & Lentil Dahl mate …

• geordietom

May 12, 2020 at 6:07 PM

munster ghee butter is good mate we like it any way …

• RobLeenio

May 12, 2020 at 6:10 PM

This is the only place in the world where a post about lizard men is followed by “Aaah all makes sense now!”

😉

• jane

May 12, 2020 at 6:13 PM

• IrishRob

May 12, 2020 at 6:13 PM

Munster u eat Ghee every day, it’s just clarified butter.

It doesnt burn because the milk solids are scraped off the top once its melted into a liquid.

• geordietom

May 12, 2020 at 6:13 PM

COYBIG

• IrishRob

May 12, 2020 at 6:14 PM

Who eats the Gee tho? That’s the question, munster donyou eat the gee?

• duncandisorderly

May 12, 2020 at 6:15 PM

RUFC fan friend of mine says this guy has been phenomenal this season. “The Geordie Messi”!

• geordietom

May 12, 2020 at 6:16 PM

irish rob spot on …

Ghee is a class of clarified butter that originated in ancient India. It is commonly used in cuisine of the Indian subcontinent, Middle Eastern cuisine, Southeast Asian cuisine, traditional medicine, and religious rituals.

• DubaiMicky

May 12, 2020 at 6:20 PM

geordietom re. that link – I see they now have cutlery! I’ve not been there in 3 years since i moved Up North. I agree with your point about Asian supermarkets – they have the best spices and selection ever – why would you go to Sainsburys and pay 10x the price for kaffir lime leaves for example?

• jimiley

May 12, 2020 at 6:24 PM

We have been linked with bale and Coutinho but there is no way Ashley will sanction any of these deals. They earn more than him for one thing. We are and remain in the bargain basement. The only time we spent any real money we wasted it on joe. Once bitten twice shy eh Mike?

• hibbit

May 12, 2020 at 6:30 PM

DubaiMicky really not taking the piss here,
    do you have a Sainsburys in UAE ??????

• Munster Mag