web analytics

Top Young Manager Reported As Potential New Newcastle Boss

Rafa Benitez’s friend and Spanish journalist Guillem Balague has been talking about the Newcastle takeover again, and yes – the acquisition is still in the hands of the Premier League as they go through their owners and directors’ test.

Quite slowly it seems.

Balague has been talking to Sport, and he goes into different areas of the potential Newcastle takeover.

Here’s a piece translated from the Sport article, which quotes Balague as saying the following about the new Newcastle:

“The idea is to make a Manchester City and not so much a PSG, that is to say to make all the possible investment in the squad, but also to create a spectacular infrastructure that improves the club and the city.”

“Financial fair play will prevent Newcastle from becoming a City at the same speed as Manchester because they were able to start the transformation before the economic limits imposed by UEFA and the Premier League.”

“In any case they want to convince a prestigious coach to give the impression that they are serious.”

“Mauricio Pochettino is first on the list, followed by Rafa Benítez, Massimiliano Allegri and Julian Nagelsmann.”

We have had a poll running that lists Mauricio Pochettino, Rafa Benítez, Massimiliano Allegri, and  Steve Bruce as to which manager Newcastle fans want to be the new manager, and the 48-year-old Argentine is leading the pack.

Which Manager Would You Like To Manage Newcastle Under New Owners?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

But maybe it’s not going to be Mauricio after all, and there’s still a possibility that Rafa could return this summer.

Indeed, he knows exactly what needs to be done and tried to get owner Mike Ashley to do some of those things during his 40 months tenure at Newcastle, but he was not successful.

Rafa left Newcastle last June to manage Chinese Super League club Dalian.

32-year-old German, Julian Nagelsmann – RB Leipzig manager

We’d be delighted if Mauricio Pochettino gets the job, but this is the first time we’ve been linked with the 32-year-old German, Julian Nagelsmann, who is currently the manager of RB Leipzig.

Leipzig are currently 4th in the Bundesliga after drawing 1-1 with SC Freiburg yesterday, when the German league restarted their season after the coronavirus pandemic had interrupted the season a couple of months ago.

Nagelsmann could quite easily become one of the top managers in future seasons, and he’s very young at just 32.

So if he’s a surprise appointment we wouldn’t mind that either.

But he’d have to get used to the Premier League very quickly and he may be thought of as too much of a risk by  Amanda Staveley’s consortium, who will hopefully soon be running the club.

What do you think?

• Munster Mag

May 17, 2020 at 11:17 AM

I’d be thrilled to get him but it’s not the first time we have been linked to him.

• Jail for Ashley

May 17, 2020 at 11:22 AM

Munter,
    It’s not really a new dog anymore is it, unless you’ve got another one.

• ThirdStripeBlack

May 17, 2020 at 11:22 AM

This. Is. Doing. My. Head. In.
    – Love from Australia.

• IrishRob

May 17, 2020 at 11:23 AM

Hibbit not to be negative but, if the guy who told you is real, and granted you cant say his name, but surely you can give his initials and we can do the presuming after that.

I mean a leak literally cant be proven on only initials.
    It would make everyone on here feel far more reassured about your information if we at least had initials?

• Munster Mag

May 17, 2020 at 11:25 AM

Two weeks Jail, still feels new to me. Gorgeous dog but tiring as hell.

• Bills Son Is Back

May 17, 2020 at 11:25 AM

If Koulibaly chooses us over Lpool he is coming here for the money….

Not for ambition.

Let’s no kid ourselves.

• the white tino

May 17, 2020 at 11:29 AM

Bills, but isn’t that exactly how Chelsea, man shitty started off pay good wages get good players then more WANT to follow??

• IrishRob

May 17, 2020 at 11:29 AM

Of course hed be coming here for the money at age 29 his age alone confirms that he wouldnt be here for ambition alone.

But If I was in his shoes id take 100k a week over 400k a week with us, I dont see how a player could refuse a team like pool, and he cant be about the money choosing to play at Napoli the last 6-7 years.

• Novocastrian66

May 17, 2020 at 11:30 AM

I’m not even in the class half full camp. I’m in the class is empty one. Newcastle United’s version of deal or no deal is a no deal in my view. I hope I’m wrong.

• JDdubai

May 17, 2020 at 11:33 AM

According to reports in Italy, Roma could be forced to sell Zaniolo and Pellegrini after the club posted a loss of €278.5m..

No wonder the owner is sniffing around the PIF!

• geordietom

May 17, 2020 at 11:33 AM

irishrob …

if Hibbit was to put said persons initials on here , it wouldn’t work how many people have the same initials to many

variations mate …

• Pat On The Heed

May 17, 2020 at 11:34 AM

32 is young. One for the future. We are behind Bruce for now Ed. #Bruceinthehoose

• Munster Mag

May 17, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Liverpool have ridiculous pulling power right now but if we can get a top manager and high profile player we can start well.

Incidentally who were the guys who said Ashley wud never sell?

• JohnJ

May 17, 2020 at 11:36 AM

I’ve noted a certain individual from

Norway who goes under the name of

“Catchy” has been very conspicuous

by his absence of late!!!

🙂 🙂 🙂

• Ron Knee

May 17, 2020 at 11:38 AM

“There ain’t no cure for the Takeover Blues…”

• Munster Mag

May 17, 2020 at 11:38 AM

At least u are honest and straight Novo. Unlike others who rubbished every attempt to buy the club, ridiculously, as fake PR.

• magpie6699

May 17, 2020 at 11:38 AM

No news is no news! GRRR.

• Bambams

May 17, 2020 at 11:38 AM

I think Friday would of been a good day for PL to finish their investigation. Everything finishes on a Friday, all emails are sent just before you finish work

😉

• Munster Mag

May 17, 2020 at 11:39 AM

Pat maybe Bruce can take Nagelsmann under his wing? Would that be good Tarquin? 🙂

• JohnJ

May 17, 2020 at 11:39 AM

By the Way…..

Any of you guitar playing guys interested in buying a Martin OMCPA4 – I have one I’d consider selling! 🙂

• Munster Mag

May 17, 2020 at 11:41 AM

I’m assuming if there is an announcement, that Bruce will be held on for now, position to be reviewed at end of season.

• Dondatta13

May 17, 2020 at 11:42 AM

I’ve never thought the money being transferred by these Billionaires takes 4 or 5 days to clear….

These people do not wait in queues like the rest of us normal folks. The Billions they have in the bank is probably propping up said institution.

If I was a Billionaire and my bank said I had to wait 4 or 5 days for money, I would choose a more accommodating bank and I am pretty sure there would be a queue for my business 🙂

• IrishRob

May 17, 2020 at 11:52 AM

Tom if he gave the initials it would prove to us when it’s all done that he wasnt just passing on fake news. I’m not accusing him of that at all. I’m just saying we’re all very stressed and worried and there are no ramifications to saying his initials. So it would be very much appreciated if he would do that much.

• WLtoon

May 17, 2020 at 11:53 AM

Every morning is the frekin same in Geordieland. Rumours about which players we are going to sign even though there has been no takeover.
    Im too long on the tooth to believe any of the bullshit the tabloids print and i am surprised so many fans actually believe what they read.
    This takeover is,nt done yet, will it go through, i hav,nt a clue, i hope so , but im not building my hopes up.
    Journo,s know sweet frek all, nor do any of the posters on here.
    Im going for cans and Port, not bcos the takeover is getting done, but because i wanna get pished

• IrishRob

May 17, 2020 at 11:55 AM

John I’d take a 000-28ec if u had one spare?

• JohnJ

May 17, 2020 at 12:09 PM

IrishRob

May 17, 2020 at 11:55 AM

Chance would be a fine thing! Where do you live in Ireland – I love that country and it’s wonderful coastline!