web analytics

Danny Rose In The News Again – Rails Against Project Restart

You cannot say that Danny Rose has not made headlines since he arrived at Newcastle.

But they have mainly been about Project Restart, which is the Premier League’s attempt to finish the current season.

Newcastle still have 9 games to play and are in 13th place, 8 points above the relegation zone.

PosTeamGamesGDPoints
11Crystal Palace29-639
12Everton28-537
13Newcastle29-1635
14Southampton29-1734
15Brighton29-829
16West Ham29-1527

Danny has been against the restart from safety grounds, but after talking with manager Steve Bruce in the last few days, he has agreed to return to training at Benton.

The initial training started up yesterday, but it will be a phased approach, and players will be tested for coronavirus twice a week.

Yesterday it was announced by the league, after their first round of testing, that six players tested positive for Covid-19 over the weekend.

Rose has been speaking to the Lockdown Tactics podcast, and has said this:

“I’m dying to get back to football but just with the things that are happening right now, people are going through this coronavirus pandemic a lot worse than me.”

“I don’t want to be complaining about everything.”

“Just off the fact that people are suggesting we should go back to football like we’re guinea pigs or lab rats. “

“We’re going to experiment this phase and see if it works or not.”

“I can just imagine people at home saying, ‘Well they earn that amount of money so they should be going back’.”

A provisional date of mid-June has been penciled in to start the games.

But we’ll be surprised if they can start at that time.

While it would be good for everybody, if the Premier League can be finished this season, all in front of empty stadiums, the risk of spreading the coronavirus still seems high.

But we shall see.

Which Manager Would You Like To Manage Newcastle Under New Owners?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• ctommo

May 20, 2020 at 10:53 AM

What is the supposed conference call?

• ShirebrookToon

May 20, 2020 at 10:53 AM

Piss off Danny Rose FFS man. You’re a shite has been.

Your just a shit Jetro Willems!

• JDdubai

May 20, 2020 at 10:56 AM

Nowt tommo, indykaila story so just ignore.

• ShirebrookToon

May 20, 2020 at 10:56 AM

Aye the KFC kid from Leicester 😆

• cleveleysbob

May 20, 2020 at 10:58 AM

Ctommo, someone reported on twitter last night that there was to be a call between PL/Staveley/Reubens/PIF at 10am.

Probably BS.

• geordiegav1987

May 20, 2020 at 11:00 AM

Makes me laugh Rose talking about them being Guinea pigs.. I know they are risking there health but they are doing it for a sport they are supposed to be passionate about and getting paid millions to do so…. Me, I have been working right through this pandemic in a job I don’t particularly like and for minimum wage… I don’t complain because I know others would love to be working at the moment, also I have taken more pride in my work recently. Even though I only work in a small store I’m also in a small town so my store is vital to people being able to buy food, medicine and heigeine supplies.
    Anyway hope this takeover goes through this week, getting tired of hitting the refresh button on my browser ??

• The Hit Man & Her

May 20, 2020 at 11:01 AM

Jib May 20, 2020 at 8:05 AM

Tsunki
    Where did I mention race? Only a certain type of person , when they see the word prejudice , thinks race. If the cap fits sunshine”

Ah jib getting his numbnut friend to back him up and hearting him to death.

Let’s be clear – you were saying Hal was affected by prejudice in criticising Roses comments. I’m not being pc mad or self – righteous. Just pointing out that if you are going to accuse someone of prejudice against a black guy you need to be pretty clear about what sort of prejudice because the world and his dog would think you meant racist. You are a cowardly squirmer and your Emerald Isle Mutt knows no better. That’s not emeraldislist btw 🙂

And it’s right to point out that the cap fits you because we all know your prejudicial leanings don’t we?

• The Hit Man & Her

May 20, 2020 at 11:05 AM

TBF to rose whether he understands the situation right or not it’s really up to him to decide if his safety and that of his family means he’d rather steer clear. I’ve also been working through as we are key infrastructure but I don’t point fingers at those who I might think are skiving at home. It’s their life.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 20, 2020 at 11:07 AM

That wasn’t a dig cleveleys just pointing out my view is from the same vantage point if that makes sense. I can see both sides of this but we can’t get to the point where we think we can decide others actions.

• IrishRob

May 20, 2020 at 11:08 AM

Agree 100% with Wenger, it’s gone too controlling now and clubs who want to invest are simply not allowed to. It needs to be relaxed a lot.

• Jib

May 20, 2020 at 11:11 AM

• The Hit Man & Her

May 20, 2020 at 11:12 AM

Sorry ha ha geordiegav I meant – shouldn’t scan the posts so quick arghhhh… 😐

• lochinvar

May 20, 2020 at 11:13 AM

Bruce now looking like he’s passed his sell by date
    Rose perfectly entitled to his view on the effects of the virus but that apart doubt he’s a player for the future powerhouse team that is planned
    Ponchettino just wonder if all the background chat about Man Ure and Real Madrid is diversionary chatter
    Matty Longstaff to Everton likewise. The boys have a new Agent and if they advise him to move before they know what the future is at NUFC then Matty needs to move them on. Agents are all about their cut.

If the future at NUFC is bright, dynamic and global then anyone not wanting to be part of that needs their head examining.

• ctommo

May 20, 2020 at 11:14 AM

Cheers Cleveley and JD. I’ll ignore it then.

Just getting ready to finish work and go home for a few #cans anyway. Why not, it is Wednesday after all

• The Hit Man & Her

May 20, 2020 at 11:16 AM

My post : here’s where you lied jib and got backed up by numbnuts.

Jibs post : (change subject) Training at Benton.

😉

• Jib

May 20, 2020 at 11:17 AM

Tsunki

” the world and his dog would think you meant racist. You are a cowardly squirmer and your Emerald Isle Mutt”

Tsunki the gift that keeps giving
    The irony nearly brained him flying over his head

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 20, 2020 at 11:18 AM

So Rose says they get 3 days off after a win under Bruce?! No wonder the players like him over Rafa a much easier job!

It was always a thing with people saying British players etc are the hardest working but its clearly not the case……

• The Hit Man & Her

May 20, 2020 at 11:18 AM

Btw geordiegav I can see where you might be coming from I’ve been relying on a small store near me (it has a post office) and by definition it’s a compromised workplace so hats off to you.

• Novocastrian66

May 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM

Rose risks his health everyday as we all do. The coranavirus is a new risk that we will all have to live with. Government responses world wide have highlighted the lack of infrastructure and investment in public health systems. This has to change. The profit first mentality has to change. Companies like to give the impression that they care about their employees well being while at work. This is rubbish. All they care about is not being exposed to litigation and prosecution.
    Rose obviously has concerns which are legitimate but once again his choice of words has not done him any favours.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 20, 2020 at 11:24 AM

Jib – “You’re seeing criticism of the Toon by Rose where it doesn’t exist or perhaps stirring it because of prejudice ?”

What else would a reader assume?

How does pointing out your compadre in stupidity is from the Emerald Isle racist? Especially when I pointed it out it wasn’t, as you failed to do ( or couldn’t)? Yeah I know, it’s that context thing again. Keep trying.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 20, 2020 at 11:25 AM

Abusing the hearts button again jib or have your band of dimwits rallied to you again? 🙂

• WLtoon

May 20, 2020 at 11:32 AM

Good morning all on this beautiful day and a Happy Birthday Droppy.

Just heard im furloughed til the end of June so thats another 5 weeks of weight gain 🙂
    My partner works at M&S and she has been told she is furloughed til the end of July, its only the food dept that is open.
    I cant see the PL finishing the season , i think it will follow Scotland and cancel, players and coaches are testing positive every day, Burnley being he latest club to report positive results.
    Players like Rose and Agueiro not wanting to play will force a decision against restart imo.

Im not expecting any announcement today regardless of what some BS SOURCES are coming out with, they know bugger all, the same as us fans.

• Munster Mag

May 20, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Yip, just as I predicted Tsunki.

You could have gone on a bit more though surely? You know, the way you do?

Either way I think it all flew over your head but I think it was a silly moment from you.

• JohnJ