web analytics

NUFC Fans React To Reporter’s ‘Imminent’ Tweet

Sports correspondent John Richardson has issued the following tweet claiming that an official announcement on the Newcastle takeover is imminent.

Richardson is a NUFC fan and won news reporter of the year at the 2018 British Sports Journalism Awards while writing for the Sunday Mirror.

Needless to say, we are all exhausted with reports of when an announcement will be made. However, Richardson has remained mostly quiet on the takeover until today’s tweet.

The frustration of waiting for the confirmation of the takeover coupled with the excitement of it being close was reflected in the responses to Richardson’s tweet.

• Mund

May 20, 2020 at 4:12 PM

Can I take a little credit for this post

• ShirebrookToon

May 20, 2020 at 4:14 PM

It would be nice for it to be announced ASAP. Can actually put some food in the fridge then ?

#CANS

• #cans

May 20, 2020 at 4:17 PM

Seems the next week announcement already came this week and imminent now means next Monday…or Friday, maybe we’ll get next weeks next week announcement this week too.

• Mund

May 20, 2020 at 4:20 PM

Do we really care how long it takes as long as it gets done

• cleveleysbob

May 20, 2020 at 4:21 PM

I think Neil could have used all the replies on here as we are “toon fans” and our comments are pretty good compared to this Twitter shower!!!

• GeordieTwo

May 20, 2020 at 4:24 PM

Have NUFC disinfected their balls yet? This is very important vis a vis the virus and just common courtesy…. get oot there and disinfect your balls you lot!!! Harrumph…..

• cleveleysbob

May 20, 2020 at 4:25 PM

Sods Law – a definition, last week when many were extolling the virtues of Beef Goulash, I decided to plan to have it this week. Today’s the day, the hottest day of the year so far, I took it out the freezer yesterday without checking forecast and don’t have a plan B. Enjoy your salads everyone and Mediterranean fare, I’m having Goulash washed down with Vodka and elderflower tonic!

• TomaKaThor

May 20, 2020 at 4:26 PM

Isit just me or has Almiron put abit muscle on, I am on the back and can’t see my screen very well though lol

• ShirebrookToon

May 20, 2020 at 4:27 PM

Cleveleys

Put the Vodka in the goulash

Not wasting valuable drinking time then

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

May 20, 2020 at 4:27 PM

Shirebrook – I see Stevie is working them hard or is this one of their 6 days off??

• RobLeenio

May 20, 2020 at 4:27 PM

That Aussie guy was taking the p!ss

@TheMasterBucks

50m
    #BREAKING: My sources in Riyadh are telling me the takeover of #NUFC has been officially approved by the Premier League and an announcement could come as soon as Monday.

Was followed by……

@TheMasterBucks
    I really shouldn’t be allowed to have this blue tick

• ctommo

May 20, 2020 at 4:28 PM

Doesn’t look like it tbh Toma.

• RobLeenio

May 20, 2020 at 4:29 PM

I think he was commenting on the apparently incredibly flexible definition of the word ‘imminently’ rather than being malicious.

• GeordieTwo

May 20, 2020 at 4:31 PM

Well….. I’m just going to sit here and wait for the final word…. finished my crossword puzzle, and my Sidoku, got my balls disinfected….. I’m definitely not getting bored yet…… zzzzzzz

• BlacknWhiteBarmy

May 20, 2020 at 4:32 PM

Just to clear things up …

As adjectives the difference between soon and imminent is that soon is occurring within a short time, or quickly while imminent is about to happen, occur, or take place very soon, especially of something which won’t last long.

So rapid cooling of #Cans needed

• cleveleysbob

May 20, 2020 at 4:32 PM

Shirebrook, good plan, wash it down with nice chilled beer instead (I’ve got plenty, waiting for #cans moment).

• Mund

May 20, 2020 at 4:32 PM

Robleenio well lets hope imminent means today!!!

• JDdubai

May 20, 2020 at 4:35 PM

Rigjht, what have i missed then?

• giimps

May 20, 2020 at 4:36 PM

Just been out and bought 18 cans of stella, 8 in the fridge to start with, be lovely way to finish the day off #Cans

• Mund

May 20, 2020 at 4:37 PM

Sorry I’m getting excited I’m a few cans in probs not today need to calm my expectations

• giimps

May 20, 2020 at 4:38 PM

Nothing much JD, just another Imminent announcement day

• GeordieTwo

May 20, 2020 at 4:38 PM

Does anybody have some chloroquine they can lend me? And some disinfectants (I prefer the Bleach Chewables if you have them)? I’m following the Trump method of preventing virus infection…..

• hibbit

May 20, 2020 at 4:40 PM

Bob its looking like a few cold beers and another bbq tonight just got orders through from her that must be obeyed to light it, 24c in NY this afternoon LOL

• giimps

May 20, 2020 at 4:40 PM

Just need some tonic to go with my marmalade gin

• GeordieTwo

May 20, 2020 at 4:41 PM

You missed the lack of any takeover news JD. Now you’re up to date!!!!

• JohnJ

May 20, 2020 at 4:41 PM

So Hatice Cengiz, is asking for a meeting with The Premier League! I do sympathise with her situation……

However should the Premier League concur to her request they will put themselves in a very difficult position as it then opens the door for anyone of the supporters of Newcastle United FC to also request a meeting…… otherwise they would be putting themselves in a position of discrimination issues from every supporter of NUFC and other folk also.
    However It’s my belief that they will politely dismiss her request.

• GeordieTwo

May 20, 2020 at 4:42 PM

He actually got elected (no really!!!!). Hahahahahahahahahaha…….

• giimps

May 20, 2020 at 4:42 PM

Just fired the hot tub up to celebrate with bubbles, just as well Michael Jackson aint around

• JohnJ

May 20, 2020 at 4:44 PM

I have to say I’m finding all the alleged comments from Danny Rose rather irritating!

• Menorca mag

May 20, 2020 at 4:45 PM

Song for the takover to the tune Teddy-bears picnic.

If you go into the toon today your in for a big surprise. If you go into the toon today youd better believe your eyes.
    Sports direct signs are gone, with Ashley and Charnley following on.

Todays the day the Magpies get their club back. Keep faith lads.

• giimps

May 20, 2020 at 4:45 PM

She has nothing new to say, all just unproven accusations (according to our new owners) no crime has been committed by anyone involved in the buyout ( according to our new owners) so im sold

• JDdubai

May 20, 2020 at 4:45 PM

previous thread

Thx for those suggestions for name change, am going to leave it to my niece to decide later. she is 7 so god knows what it will be…

• giimps

May 20, 2020 at 4:50 PM

Cant wait for Arsene to change the ffp rules to allow rich owners to bankroll their clubs , that will end the superiority of the likes of Man utd , Arsenal, even Chelski will be pushed out. It will allow Mike to spend as much of his money as he wants to make us successful …….cant wait to see that

• Our Toon

May 20, 2020 at 4:54 PM

If it’s been approved by PL the it’s a matter of transferring funds, weekend in Saudi is Friday and saturday, eid is either Saturday or sunday…..essentially end of ramadan.

Banks wont he operating during that time so early next week probably makes sense by the time transfers etc are done

• Pain in the Blog

May 20, 2020 at 5:01 PM

Our Toon,

Ramadan or Saudi weekend won’t affect the takeover. The transfer of funds is from Staveley and the Reuben Brothers to Ashley in the first instance.

• cleveleysbob

May 20, 2020 at 5:02 PM

Just our luck, approval given just before Banks both in Saudi and here go into lockdown for various holidays, as Out Toon says Eid in Saudi followed by Whitsun Bank Holiday here next Monday, could be middle of next week, unless they can sort it before the weekend……..

• cleveleysbob

May 20, 2020 at 5:03 PM

Start a petition, let’s get it done before the Weekend!!!!!”…..come on you lot!!

• John Tudor

May 20, 2020 at 5:05 PM

Has rose gone back to spurtz

• Lindisfarne

May 20, 2020 at 5:08 PM

giimps

You don’t need tonic with marmalade gin, ice is plenty.