web analytics

Bruce Wants A Chance, Young Attacker Linked, and Still No Hiccups – Today’s News Roundup

Today Steve Bruce put forth his case to be the one to lead Newcastle forward under new owners, we were linked with Nordsjaelland attacker Mohammed Kudus, and a local journalist said there’s still no red flags with the takeover as we round the final bend.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• There are some signs that Rafa Benitez is in line for a return to Newcastle.
  • A report claims Marseille manager Andre Villa-Boas has turned down an approach from Newcastle.

• Newcastle are reportedly interested in Nordsjaelland teenager Mohammed Kudus.
  • The Newcastle takeover is still close to being approved despite a report that some EPL clubs have concerns.

• toon22

May 21, 2020 at 9:09 PM

Have we been sold yet ??

• Thump

May 21, 2020 at 9:10 PM

@Kevin: I thought about it for a little while, and then I realised he’s just bored and has people to listen to him.

• bettyswallocks

May 21, 2020 at 9:10 PM

Welshie………. If you’re about give us the nod I’ve a few
    ditties to share with you.

• jane

May 21, 2020 at 9:12 PM

day 31 🙂

• the Northumbrian

May 21, 2020 at 9:17 PM

In the big brother house Jane dropped her Tweezer’s soon the pan and then stood on her tube of fake tan

• the Northumbrian

May 21, 2020 at 9:17 PM

Doon not soon

• The Hit Man & Her

May 21, 2020 at 9:23 PM

“Uncertain Toon/World May 21, 2020 at 8:44 PM

I heard that the new owners are keen on rotating Captains!!!

I laughed at that on here, can’t remember who it was?”

Ah. That would be the late great Jesperfuglsang, sadly hung up his keyboard and took up vows an adherent of the Order of the Food Processor. A man of the cloth now, I hear. The Tablecloth that is.

May 21, 2020 at 9:26 PM

Rotating captains eh they must’ve heard the one about the pilot and propeller. Not much use for footy mind.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 21, 2020 at 9:26 PM

Betty I actually think the worst has happened and Welshie has run out of his famously side – achingly witty one – liners. It was always a danger because he was so prolific. I think prolific is the word I’m looking for. 😐

May 21, 2020 at 9:27 PM

Hitman
    You’re going back some time with jesper. When did he fall off the blog.

• Kevin Vegan

May 21, 2020 at 9:29 PM

@ Thump that’s a good point. It seems like a lot of celebs are doing similar things. They’re probably just bored and wanting to feel like they’re still relevant.

• WLtoon

May 21, 2020 at 9:30 PM

The Newcastle Armchair

Its been that long since we won somit id be happy with the Lge cup 🙂

• the Northumbrian

May 21, 2020 at 9:32 PM

Just been checking the bundesleague fancied a bet at the weekend.
    Did anyone know an old manager of Wolfsburg was a fella by the name of Wolfgang wolf? Rather tickled me that.

May 21, 2020 at 9:35 PM

Wolfgang wolf nee way I still love baddiel and skinners “coming home” video “Koontz” ….yes indeed. Ha.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 21, 2020 at 9:37 PM

I think he last posted about a year and a half ago. Sad really. He just didn’t get the taking the mickey thing and stuff got out of hand and he chucked his cutlery out of the washing basket. He is missed. 🙂

May 21, 2020 at 9:41 PM

Aye I miss “billson” me self
    “Billson is back” loves big Mikey to much and spouts shite …. Wait, what …they’re the same person. Didn’t think anyone could be so pig headed for that long. Love ya bills. (Wink emoji)

• WLtoon

May 21, 2020 at 9:43 PM

The Toon game on Youtube this Saturday at 3pm is the game we beat the mackems 4-1 their place in case anyone is interested.

• bettyswallocks

May 21, 2020 at 9:44 PM

Tsunki………I agree he is missed. I hope he’s OK . The last conversation I remember trying to have with him was about NDO’s . He became very stubborn and wouldn’t accept that he was mistaken . He subsequently took his bat and ball home and it’s been locked in the cupboard ever since.

Re. Our Compatriot from the valleys he was last seen walking into a pole dancing bar and then realising it was in fact a kebab shop.

May 21, 2020 at 9:45 PM

Always love laughing at how shite the unwashed are …. Speaking of which Must get round to season 2 of till I die.

May 21, 2020 at 9:48 PM

Betty
    Pmsl m8 as they used to say “a cracker”. May be lost on a few tho (wink emoji)

May 21, 2020 at 9:49 PM

Most expensive kebabs in Britain are sold in wales for some reason you’d know Betty is that true?

• Uncertain Toon/World

May 21, 2020 at 9:54 PM

Tunski

Jesper, that’s the fella!, nice one.

Watched all the games in his kitchen whilst doin the dishes, laundry, cooking and other household chores as detailed to him!!!

Rotating Captains was a classic, thought he was on a wind up initially I recall, but it soon became evident he was earnest.

Twas a proper belter, still makes me chuckle when thinking about it.

• bettyswallocks

May 21, 2020 at 9:55 PM

Naptoon……… Aye it needs a bit of thinking about that one. I heard poor Welshie got fired from his job recently. He was working as a chef in quite a posh restaurant. He was summoned to the front of house where an irate customer asked him , ” How long did you leave this lamb to rest? ” ” Till it’s arse healed up “wasn’t the appropriate answer.

May 21, 2020 at 9:56 PM

Watching the match while doing the dishes … Probably on a tablet while the missus had the 50″ with the kids … Whipped.

• Uncertain Toon/World

May 21, 2020 at 9:58 PM

Tunski,

Noticed you left off Project Zebra – BOOM

Get on board pal, you know it’s happening!

May 21, 2020 at 10:00 PM

Betty
    Stop it …. Pmsl. missus asking why I’m laughing out loud. Explaining to her how the welsh (allegedly) hump joints till they bleed isn’t going down well. In fact balls to her, I’m not “whipped” Jesper keep em coming. (Putting that one in the bank for work don’t mind do ya haha)

• bettyswallocks

May 21, 2020 at 10:07 PM

No I don’t mind at all and neither would Welshie. Shame he’s not on tonight as he’s a game lad and likes a bit banta.

You can always get in touch with him on his Website:-
    Welshgeordie 9 @ ewetube.co.uk.

• DONK

May 21, 2020 at 10:12 PM

Naptoon, nobs covered tattoos are two a penny in the premier league.

May 21, 2020 at 10:13 PM

Donk
    Welcome to the party fine start my man.

• Kevin Vegan

May 21, 2020 at 10:14 PM

@ northumbrian

I read that the other day. Left me wondering if Wolfgang Wolf ever met Gary and Phil’s Neville’s dad, who is called Neville Neville. Anyone within earshot when they introduced theirselves to each other would assume something just got changed in the matrix.

May 21, 2020 at 10:14 PM

Betty is it true he’s got 40 wives …

• King_Solano

May 21, 2020 at 10:15 PM

In Forbes Middle East they have a story that it has been completed and another page that shows NUFC as part of PIFs recent investments. Strange that a lot of confirmation coming out of reputable middle East sources but nothing from the UK

May 21, 2020 at 10:25 PM

Betty
    Sorry m8 bit of a mix up, he got sacked at restaurant and became a shepherd.

May 21, 2020 at 10:29 PM

Rite at risk of sounding like a billson…. Anyone else have trouble liking comments on here, somebody says summick I like it or whatever press heart, when I refresh heart is away to feck, anyone else or just me.

• GhostToon

May 21, 2020 at 10:43 PM

Ffs the Sun have confirmed the takeover lol.

Thats the proof everyone has been waiting for lol.

May 21, 2020 at 10:46 PM

Just in … 1/6/20 Official announcement. Quick divvy up, that’s 5 working days for funds to transfer and paperwork etc to complete. Please be true.

May 21, 2020 at 10:48 PM

Same one I read ghost … Wouldn’t have a clue about money transfers at that level, or swapping ownership of companies but it is 5 working days away and you’d expect no official announcement can be made till all that is complete.

• GhostToon

May 21, 2020 at 11:01 PM

Not sure how a deal of that magnitude would work either naptoon.

Shame its from The Sun though and not a more reliable source.