web analytics

Takeover Date Cited, Target Shopped By Agent, And FA Cup Glory Still In Play – Today’s News Roundup

Today a report claimed that the takeover will be announced on June 1st, Newcastle target Myron Boadu is being shopped by his agent, and the FA remains committed to completing the FA Cup this season.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• The Prince's Mate

May 22, 2020 at 9:50 PM

Hi cans and associates, I’m watching one of Wil Smiths better films… I am Legend.. A virus runs wild and kills most of the population off apart from som ravenous zombies.
    Virus.. why do i feel uncomfortable. If you look back 20-30yrs Hollywood, was making films about virus’s that most people thought was science fiction.. OK ok, some is far fetched but a lot can be recognised today…. “is it air borne”
    Too close for comfort me thinks… sleep well

• jane

May 22, 2020 at 9:53 PM

the virus is over-hyped.

• Munster Mag

May 22, 2020 at 9:53 PM

Bfg sorry maybe I’m being paranoid. I’m certainly not talking up Bruce ahead of Benitez for the Toon job. But Bruce did OK, that’s why the media have been supportive of him

• Munster Mag

May 22, 2020 at 9:56 PM

Anyone see the Poch interview? He looked like a man who knew something 🙂

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

May 22, 2020 at 9:56 PM

So Pochettino’s recent interview:

1 son plays for Spurs
    1 son lives In London and has a girlfriend there

Seems like he loves London a fair bit might end up with a Jose at Man Utd situation we need a manager who really wants to be here not a part timer

• Kevin Vegan

May 22, 2020 at 9:57 PM

I’m struggling to see how a virus that has killed 350,000 people and doesn’t even hospitalise the majority of sufferers is in any way comparable to I am Legend, but whatever you do, don’t let the truth get in the way of a good bit of sensationalist absurdity haha

• coming home

May 22, 2020 at 10:00 PM

Jane

Agreed

• AshLIE is a Joker

May 22, 2020 at 10:02 PM

Ye, the virus is overhyped.

Try telling that to the NHS…….

• bfg

May 22, 2020 at 10:03 PM

I used to know a lad in North shields who speaks Arabic he learnt it when he was working for MI5 apparently?, inbetween his taxi jobs

• Kevin Vegan

May 22, 2020 at 10:05 PM

I’m with you on that, Jane. As has been the case with our takeover, the situation with this virus been a lot of sensationalism by journalists who know basically nothing, and not a lot of sense being talked by anyone much on the street. The lockdown and 2m rules were a knee-jerk response, and the general public shaming and reporting people for going outside is a little too reminiscent of the Hitler Youth programme for my liking. It was a media shitstorm that got out of hand and now we’re all paying a heavy price of freedom and sanity in many cases, and it’s so sad to see.

• coming home

May 22, 2020 at 10:05 PM

Joker

My wife works in the hospital

And its empty

She normally is inundated with shifts but cant get extra shifts as most wards are empty

• the Northumbrian

May 22, 2020 at 10:08 PM

I’m gonna have to have a can restock tomorrow I’ve only got 65 left

• AshLIE is a Joker

May 22, 2020 at 10:09 PM

Coming home

Couple of my friends family members have died. Said the wards were slammed at the peak and staff were flat out and constantly surrounded by death.

On top of this my brother lives in Vietnam and they have had next to no deaths or infections because they went in to immediate lockdown and shut their borders.

So in summary, it’s not hype, its destroyed lives and we reacted too slow.

• Munster Mag

May 22, 2020 at 10:09 PM

Poch came across well. The questions were loaded. “would you manage a club outside the top 6”. “is a big budget important to you”? . I think he seemed to have a knowing smile.

I’d love to have a man who got spurs into the top 4 consistently and into a CL final at Nufc

• Munster Mag

May 22, 2020 at 10:14 PM

I think his intense pressing style would be far more suitable to us than a counter attacking, Conservative approach. Can you hear the roar of the crowd (2021, probably 2nd half of season) as the fans pressurise the opposition into mistakes in their own half? And then take them on with searing pace from St max, miggy and others? And the running power of a central midfielder like Soumare? I wud luv it, I tell you, luv it.

• coming home

May 22, 2020 at 10:15 PM

Joker

I agree to start there was to many put on ventilators but once they realised that was killing them they stopped and now dont go to hospital and you survive.
    So now hospitals are empty for good reason
    No one dies outside hospitals or care homes

• the Northumbrian

May 22, 2020 at 10:17 PM

The British government were way way off the mark.
    They waited too long to see what was happening elsewhere so they could cut copy and paste other’s ideas. but as always it was too late and the virus was already here and deeply ingrained throughout the whole country

• The Hit Man & Her

May 22, 2020 at 10:22 PM

Munsters out with both barrels tonight after applying fair and balanced to Big Steve Bruce. Must be his meaty large hands Munster gets you all sweaty eh?

• coming home

May 22, 2020 at 10:22 PM

I am not trying to be a smart arse
    But no way you will get me in a hospital
    And no way will I take a vaccine
    I’ll take my chances with nature

• AshLIE is a Joker

May 22, 2020 at 10:22 PM

Coming home

There are still a lot of people who have died outside of ventilators because we still dont know what we are facing, on top of this the virus mutated and there are multiple strains. I would say the media are just channelling how a lot of the public fear and the reality of what we are facing.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 22, 2020 at 10:23 PM

If you’re getting your hopes up this soon
    Just hold your roundup hosses
    Announcement times put back to June
    ’til then – no Saudi bosses.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 22, 2020 at 10:24 PM

I just knew the economy over lives thing would kick in sooner or later, obviously the bigger economies first. I don’t see how they expect us to believe this virus will just play nice and stop being infectious and deadly just because we want to go back to work.

• coming home

May 22, 2020 at 10:25 PM

Dont understand why anyone would slag brucey off
    The bloke’sdone his best and he hasn’t done too bad
    Just coz he isn’t good enough doesn’t make him a bad bloke

• The Prince's Mate

May 22, 2020 at 10:25 PM

This is for the…… adults.. who think the virus is “over hyped?”…. 338,716 DEAD, WORLWIDE… shucks, if its not a nasty virus that killed these poor souls I wonder what did???

• AshLIE is a Joker

May 22, 2020 at 10:25 PM

Northumbrian

100% agree, we tried to preserve economy over health and they wondered why we have the highest death rate in Europe (or one of).

• Kevin Vegan

May 22, 2020 at 10:27 PM

AshLIE is a Joker

I’m really sorry to hear that you lost 2 of your family. But don’t lose sight of the context of this. Most people who contract covid make a fully recovery. Most aren’t even hospitalised. By all means treat it with respect, as we should all potentially lethal viruses, but comparing it to an apocalypse scenario is outrageous sensationalism and shutting down most of the world is potentially doing much more harm than good.

For some more context, 2 of my friends almost died of pneumonia last year, both in their late 30s. Influenza and pneumonia combined kill 3 million people globally every year. Similarly, 884,000 people die from hepatitis b and related conditions every year. Where are the calls for lockdown for any of these countless other contageous diseases that move through populations all the time? Where are the apps to track infections and the tests at gatherings and sporting events? Where are the calls for PPE and proper training for people like fast food worker or tradesmen? It seems to me like overnight, the vast majority of people who were slating our government for “health and safety gone mad” to welcoming a complete removal of our basic freedoms, all because we got worked up over a virus that is new, but that in reality is really nothing much worse than what we have been exposed to in our daily lives for centuries without any mass panic.

• the Northumbrian

May 22, 2020 at 10:29 PM

Joker
    There’s a reason they call him bumbling Boris, he’s useless when pressurized

• coming home

May 22, 2020 at 10:29 PM

Joker

My wife lost 2 work mates

But they were put on ventilators

Anyway I was just agreeing with Jane its over hyped

• AshLIE is a Joker

May 22, 2020 at 10:29 PM

The princes mate

100% mate. Not overhyped in the slightest, anyone that thinks that way should do a bit of research.

• Kevin Vegan

May 22, 2020 at 10:30 PM

The Prince’s Mate, spanish flu epidemic in the early 1900s, somewhere between 17 and 50 million people dead globally, with the cast majority of the world in lockdown. So far, covid-19 has infected less that 1/3rd as many people as spanish flu killed, and that was at a time when there was much less global travel and a much smaller world population.

• The Prince's Mate

May 22, 2020 at 10:33 PM

Vegan…. IF… you read my post correctly???? I do, state a lot is for Hollywood but in the mix there is some truth….. and how the fkcuk can you add ha ha to the end of your post??? Fckng joker

• jane

May 22, 2020 at 10:33 PM

• coming home

May 22, 2020 at 10:34 PM

Joker

Research ?

I guarantee your not closer to me to this virus

And its strange nobody in the last 3 month dies of anything other than covid

Strange that

• Muz

May 22, 2020 at 10:36 PM

@coming home

The virus is over-hyped? 60’000 more dead than usual kind of warrants a bit of hype. Literally every medical professional and expert on the planet would disagree with you. I’m sure the hospitals will be nice and busy again soon when the second wave hits because people think it’s ‘over-hyped’ and they all head to the beach en-masse; at least your missus will get those extra shifts. Silver linings and all that….

• The Hit Man & Her

May 22, 2020 at 10:36 PM

Just when you think you’ve heard all the nutcases another pops up. Its bad enough thinking you’ll “take your chances with nature” but what’s worse is you seem to be promoting it. Thousands of people have died horribly with suffering by catching something as easily and silently as a cold. And you want to “take your chances” with that? It won’t care about your foolhardy bravado you crank, and in the meantime while you’ve bravely contracted it you’ll probably bravely infect several others, some of whom may die. But that’s ok because thats a risk you’re willing to take?

Am I still on the nufcblog or the flat earthers / lizard people / covid conspiracy forum? Wow.

• AshLIE is a Joker

May 22, 2020 at 10:37 PM

Kevin,

Agreed, so maybe we should start thinking about how we approach more viruses in the future?

But let’s remember that if we didn’t go in to lockdown how many more infected would we be facing and how many more deaths?

3 million from pneumonia is awful.in it’s own right and that should have been enough to spark change.

The problem is people hate change, unfortunately we have to adapt and change.

• Kevin Vegan

May 22, 2020 at 10:38 PM

AshLIE,

The media were reporting this before there were any deaths or anything at all was really known about the virus. It ticks all the boxes for a good news story: it has a novelty factor, it’s got the potential to generate additional stories, it affects the general public, and so on. In terms of “newsworthiness” it gets a perfect 10. They jumped on it, and now they’re running with it. Most of the deaths have been in people who live in highly industrialised areas where the air quality is very poor (what with it being a respiratory issue), those with vitamin D deficiency (which your body synthesises through exposure to sunlight, which most of us are lacking on lockdown) and older people or those with existing conditions. It is precisely the sort of thing the media will jump on and hype up if they think it will get them more clicks, and they won’t report the reality which is that this is just one of countless viruses that circulate constantly. In all honesty, they are probably doing better now than ever. We’re all just sitting at home clicking on their sites waiting for them to tell us how the world’s ending.

• The Hit Man & Her

May 22, 2020 at 10:39 PM

Sorry Kevin but people were much less travelled at the end of the Great War? I really think you need to do some reading on that.

• The Prince's Mate

May 22, 2020 at 10:39 PM

Listen before ALK you super bloggers start responding to my post., in stating there’s some truth in the scifi films from years ago…. But how can anyone add ha ha on the end of their, response? Some knuckle grazes have boild my piss on here over the years and gave been proud in how I’ve kept my Gob shut… Not this time. Fckng neanderthals

• The Prince's Mate

May 22, 2020 at 10:40 PM

Have been proud…. If you can read