web analytics

Takeover Date Cited, Target Shopped By Agent, And FA Cup Glory Still In Play – Today’s News Roundup

Today a report claimed that the takeover will be announced on June 1st, Newcastle target Myron Boadu is being shopped by his agent, and the FA remains committed to completing the FA Cup this season.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• The Prince's Mate

May 22, 2020 at 11:45 PM

Carltoon i hope you’re still with us…. For you i would walk on guilded splinters

• Kevin Vegan

May 22, 2020 at 11:45 PM

Naptoon nobody has claimed it’s fake. This seema to be what happens when a reasonable argument is made against the government’s response: people default to accusing you of being a conspiracy theorist who denies the virus exists. It’s a classic straw man tactic and it’s been used throughout the discussion because there is no scientific evidence to support lockdown for this virus compared to any other that we encounter all the time, and for some reason people don’t want to accept that. Maybe they just really don’t want to go back to work, and I can’t say I blame them, since capitalism has most of us by the short and curlies. I genuinely do hope nobody else here is affected by this virus, but please people, try to have some perspective and look at this in context.

• Nicky the ball tosser

May 22, 2020 at 11:46 PM

Ok Cartoon, I’d like to see us set up 4123, something like this…

………….X……
    …X….X…..X…..X.
    ………….X..
    ………X…….X.
    ..X………X………X.

Very exciting if you have quality in midfield and up top.

I don’t know who I’d like to see brought in specifically, because I really just follow our fortunes, but I would like to see good young signings around 23 or 24, 30 40 mill mark, 80 000 quid a week type, to slot into the starting 11.

The right player, in the right position, at the right time, with an eye on the present and the future.

Not so keen on a Cavani or a Bale type, but very interested in a player like Soumare.

May 22, 2020 at 11:46 PM

NY
    Totally agree
    but somebody coming on talking shite saying that I’d basically said covid is fake and I knew nothing in the way he did needed a response. Because I quite clearly hadn’t m8.
    I can argue in a civil manner but not putting up with his b.s

May 22, 2020 at 11:46 PM

Vegan
    Thank you.

• Nicky the ball tosser

May 22, 2020 at 11:47 PM

# Carltoon! Infernal autocorrect.

• carltoon

May 22, 2020 at 11:47 PM

And so are you if you’ve been working through this.

• carltoon

May 22, 2020 at 11:49 PM

Re post Naptoon your wife’s a hero.

• The Prince's Mate

May 22, 2020 at 11:51 PM

OMG.. Carltoon… Just sent you an internet kiss on the cheek… Is it possibble….. OMG x…. Ha. X

• NY Mag

May 22, 2020 at 11:51 PM

Naptoon,

Fair enough mate, you’re entitled to defend your opinions in your own way.
    I just wanted to point out, I wasn’t singling anyone out for criticism

#peace (as the saying goes)

May 22, 2020 at 11:51 PM

Carlton
    I’m not by any stretch, i never said covids fake just don’t agree with contradictions in the response and (some) peoples behaviour. And the toodle pip dickhead was for tramp not yourself. like I say I’m not forcing my opinion on anyone, but don’t want anyone else’s forced onto me.

• carltoon

May 22, 2020 at 11:53 PM

Nicky I m liking the star formation. Bale while a fantastic player I don’t think he would come here. I haven’t looked on you tube at any of the foreign players mentioned, until I know we’ve got a chance of signing them.

May 22, 2020 at 11:53 PM

And my missus is … Just don’t say it to loud she gets a bit inflated.

• carltoon

May 22, 2020 at 11:54 PM

Prince’s Mate I caught that kiss.

• jane

May 22, 2020 at 11:54 PM

i can weigh up a lot of information very quickly. it’s a gift!

• coming home

May 22, 2020 at 11:56 PM

End of the day it’s all appinions

But please dont believe the government or Tsunki

• coming home

May 22, 2020 at 11:56 PM

Opinions even

• carltoon

May 22, 2020 at 11:57 PM

Naptoon I hope you tell her.

• The Prince's Mate

May 22, 2020 at 11:57 PM

Naptoon my friend… Whatever this area its coming from is horrendous and i doubt even Hollywood could even wright a more gruesome script

May 22, 2020 at 11:58 PM

Has the takeover went through while I imploded?

• carltoon

May 23, 2020 at 12:01 AM

NY mag hope ya keeping well. Will you be watching the 4_1 match tomorrow it’s on the club’s web site or YouTube channel.

May 23, 2020 at 12:01 AM

Princes m8
    I don’t think it’ll ever go away or will there be a vaccine that completely eliminates risk. Think we are just going to end up having to deal with it.

May 23, 2020 at 12:01 AM

Carltoon
    Only when I want something.

• carltoon

May 23, 2020 at 12:04 AM

To much information

May 23, 2020 at 12:06 AM

Carltoon
    Didn’t have you down as the dirty minded type … I meant more along the lines of steak for tea.

• Kevin Vegan

May 23, 2020 at 12:07 AM

Nicky, I’m with you on the general approach to signings. I also like that formation, but would like to see something where the DM drops back into a ball-playing CB role and the full backs sit that bit higher up. I think a 3 at the back gives you more stability at the back and means you’re much less likely to be overwhelmed by opposition wingers cutting inside, and playing the wing-backs higher up gives you much more creative options and more opportunities to draw defenders out and create spaces in and around the box.

For me, quick physical CBs who can pick a pass is a must. Upamecano or De Ligt would be incredible additions IMO. We also need to make sure we can keep more than one player in an advanced positions at all times, both in terms of counter attacking and to prevent teams from hurling players forward knowing they only have one guy to handle. Offense really can be an incredibly effective form of defence. I think playing 3 at the back and more attacking wing backs is the way to do pretty much all of that without being irresponsible at the back.

But as you say, right players, right circumstances. I’d go for a couple of new forwards, new wing backs and a new CM and CB first window. Make sure a couple of them are first-team ready, and most important of all, make sure they have the right coaches around them and the right manager at the helm.

May 23, 2020 at 12:08 AM

Meant to put a lol on the end if that carltoon. Not having a pop.

• Kevin Vegan

May 23, 2020 at 12:09 AM

But as we all know, every bit of this hangs on getting the new owners in first. It’s largely all still speculation at this point.

• Kevin Vegan

May 23, 2020 at 12:10 AM

Naptoon, I had the MMR jab (which has been around for decades) and I still got mumps. Vaccines are not a magic bullet sadly.

• NY Mag

May 23, 2020 at 12:11 AM

Carltoon,

Yes, I’m doing OK. I hope you and the family are too

I watched the interview this evening with Steve Wraith and Neil Mitchell (kindly posted by Mickey)….I really enjoyed it and thought both of them spoke a lot of sense.

Anyway, I noticed that the next suggested video was the full 90min match against sundeland that is going to be streamed tomorrow. So I declined that, cos I would rather see it tomorrow at the pre-defined time…..

May 23, 2020 at 12:15 AM

Vegan
    I know the common cold and flu are corona virus, no absolute cure, SARs, mers, same so something has to give live, like this ad infinitum or get to normal, bars in Italy reopened I see, jealous when wor kid posted pics of him supping over there.

May 23, 2020 at 12:15 AM

Live like this ad infinitum I meant.

• coming home

May 23, 2020 at 12:16 AM

Vaccines
    Are designed to make the rich richer

• The Prince's Mate

May 23, 2020 at 12:16 AM

Carltoon….. You out there?

• carltoon

May 23, 2020 at 12:24 AM

Yes I’m out here. Just been looking on twitter to see if we’ve been taken over.

• carltoon

May 23, 2020 at 12:25 AM

Naptoon I bet she makes a lovely steak and chips.

• The Prince's Mate

May 23, 2020 at 12:28 AM

I dont think anything could stop us from being taken over

• carltoon

May 23, 2020 at 12:28 AM

NY I’ll be watching tomorrow. I’ve never been to the Stadium of light. Although I had been numerous times to the old Roker Park.

• carltoon

May 23, 2020 at 12:28 AM

Back in the olden days

May 23, 2020 at 12:30 AM

Can’t do them medium rare unfortunately but its still better than spam n egg lol. Anyways surely on the takeover front we are only waiting for Ashley to receive his money so the club can announce it …. Every reporter and his dog says its passed prem test I’m pretty confident its a done deal.

1 4 5 6 7 8 10