Javier Manquillo looks set to leave Newcastle after his agents contact clubs in Spain, the Premier League has approved a return to contact training, and Craig Hope talks about the contradictory nature of the takeover reporting.
Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.
- The Premier League is targeting a mid-September start to next season regardless of what happens with Project Restart.
- Javier Manquillo’s representatives have contacted both Real Betis and Sevilla about a summer move.
- Telegraph journalist Jason Burt responds on Twitter to the Guardian’s latest takeover piece.
- The Premier League has unanimously approved moving to step 2 of Project Restart.
- The Mail’s Craig Hope explains why there are so many contradictory reports regarding the Newcastle takeover.
- The latest round of coronavirus testing results has been revealed by the Premier League.