web analytics

The Premier League Has Voted To Allow A Return To Contact Training

The Premier League has unanimously voted to allow contact training after a meeting this morning. It seems that they have significantly increased the amount of contact allowed by players than was previously anticipated during phase 2.

We were initially under the impression that the next phase of Project Restart would still forbid tackling. However, according to a statement from the Premier League, tackling will now be permitted.

Sky Sports has published the following statement from the league.

“Premier League Shareholders today voted unanimously to resume contact training, marking another step towards restarting the Premier League season, when safe to do so.

“Squads are now able to train as a group and engage in tackling while minimizing any unnecessary close contact.

“The Premier League’s priority is the health and wellbeing of all participants.

“Strict medical protocols are in place to ensure the training ground is the safest environment possible, and players and staff will continue to be tested for COVID-19 twice a week.

“Stage Two of the Return to Training protocol has been agreed following consultation with clubs, players, managers, the PFA, LMA, and the Government.

“Discussions are ongoing as work continues towards resuming the season when conditions allow.”

It was reported recently that phase 2 involved increasing the number of players on a pitch from 5 to 10 as well as allowing teammates to press while in possession. However, tackling would be implemented as part of phase 3.

But today’s decision to allow tackling could be in response to the encouraging results from the second round of testing in which only 2 individuals tested positive.

This represents another significant step in getting this season back underway.

Is It Worth £20M To Bring Rafa Benitez Back To Newcastle?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• the Northumbrian

May 27, 2020 at 12:54 PM

One step closer to football

• JohnJ

May 27, 2020 at 1:04 PM

I’ll be glad when we do have some games to watch and talk about!

I believe the takeover will happen but I have to say it’s getting rather tedious waiting for action on that front!

It’ll be good to chat & blog about football for a change!!!

• Anglo Saxon

May 27, 2020 at 1:08 PM

JJ only if we are winning mate.

• Thump

May 27, 2020 at 1:10 PM

If we’ve reached out to the likes of Poch, and the various DoFs then they’ve been given the go ahead.

All we’re seeing here is a game of politics – internationally, nationally, and within the League itself.

It’s complicated times boys and girls, let’s all just take a deep breath and decorate our cans to pass the time.

• Pat On The Heed

May 27, 2020 at 1:18 PM

It is absolutely disgusting this whole saga that’s being unveiled in front of my eyes I’m still in shock I really am. The missus said you look faint babe and boom that’s the last I remember. I was in a hospital bed and the doctor says you okay, boy? I said where am I he says in intensive care, kid. He reckoned I was so shocked about all the deal updates my system shut down. Poor lamb that’s honestly what he called me. They reckon I’ll pull through but I’m not sure ye knaa? Turns out they’ve even got a name for it. It’s called being a ‘big ninny’. A boo hoo hoo.

• WLtoon

May 27, 2020 at 1:19 PM

Afternoon lads n lasses. still no announcement then.

Has anyone seen the video on Youtube, a guy working in Saudi currently on lockdown, saying the deal is done. His source owns the oil company he works for, and is ITK with other top brass throughout the country.

He also claims Poch is nailed on for the job.
    This guy might be spouting shite, who knows. Take a look, see what you make of it.

• Captain AmeriMag

May 27, 2020 at 1:21 PM

While you’re in the office Mr. Masters, quickly put your signature on that O&D application that’s been on your desk for 2-4 weeks there’s a good lad!

#CANS

• toon kk

May 27, 2020 at 1:22 PM

The whole takeover is a scam, designed to fail at the last hurdle.
    It’s keeping the fans off MA back.
    The players we are getting linked with is rediculous.
    Wake up and smell the coffee ffs.
    We’ll be in arelegation battles under Ashley next season . We all know how the club is run.

• hibbit

May 27, 2020 at 1:23 PM

WLtoon that’s interesting,have you got a link ????

• WLtoon

May 27, 2020 at 1:25 PM

Ipswich fans not happy about Ashley being linked to the club lol

• WLtoon

May 27, 2020 at 1:27 PM

Hibbit

i cant send a link mate, hav,nt a clue how to send one via my laptop, but its on Youtube. Just type in Nufc Takeover latest

• JP...from The Rock

May 27, 2020 at 1:34 PM

We better have this blooming takeover before footie starts or I doubt it will ever happen.

• magscar

May 27, 2020 at 1:37 PM

More and more angst ;-(

If only everyone had been at work and not had hours to dwell and dissect every report, Tweet etc that emerges might we have been spared this continual rollercoaster?

I started lockdown thinking that I’m not getting into another takeover until it’s done after the scarring of BZG and Rafa leaving a year ago.

However as time has gone and as journalists I respect have given their verdict that this is real then i do believe again.

What is by no means certain is whether for all the reasons out there will it actually take place.

So on balance of probability I think it will but am not going through all the nuances of the debate, claim and counterclaim basically because i don’t have enough insight and understanding of the issues nor the inclination to do so to be able prove it to myself. Faityh is enough for now.

Others enjoy it ( especially with unexpected time on their hands and nowt else happening) and share with us and that is all good unless some are getting worked up by the rinse and repeat of it all

It keeps bringing to mind

A favourite of Club fans when their team wins an FA cup tie

Que sera sera
    Whatever will be will be
    The future’s not ours to see
    Que sera sera
    What will be will be

The time for recrimination is after, there’s nowt we can do to influence outcome so we wait

• the crown princes nashers

May 27, 2020 at 1:41 PM

well it was my guess today would be takeover day still has time 🙂 I still dont have any worries over the takeover it will happen in due course nowt no one can do nor say about it really, as we all know the sports reporters need click bait to survive in there jobs just give them the attention they crave for 🙂

• the crown princes nashers

May 27, 2020 at 1:44 PM

for tea tonight for my lovely wife i have some smoked fish so ill boil that and do a nice fish sauce with jersey potatoes with mixed salad, I may do a treacle pudding but mums the word dont want the kids invading and nicking the bugger this time 🙂

• IrishRob

May 27, 2020 at 1:44 PM

We all knew Bruce was the worst in the PL But he has us as the worst in Europe also.

This is shocking reading. The guy hasn’t a clue, and when this season is over if mike Ashley has any brains he will fire him. Surely there is somone better who will work under Ashley for next season.

Just look at these stats its beyond pathetic.

• hibbit

May 27, 2020 at 1:46 PM

thanks jib

• the crown princes nashers

May 27, 2020 at 1:46 PM

rob

• the crown princes nashers

May 27, 2020 at 1:47 PM

rob

I wouldnt have bruce as a pub team manager never mind our manager but cheap is mikey boys motto is it not 🙂

• IrishRob

May 27, 2020 at 1:52 PM

I’d have him managing a sunday league team with no qualms at all. But the PL is definitely beyond him. Give him a Sunday league team or a wheelchair league team and he will shine!

• geordietom

May 27, 2020 at 1:55 PM

• geordietom

May 27, 2020 at 1:57 PM

ipwich town re Ashley

• the Northumbrian

May 27, 2020 at 2:07 PM

Geordietom that Ipswich gadgies mental lol

• geordietom

May 27, 2020 at 2:12 PM

NORTHUMBRIAN …

i now mate , dont think they was the Fat man …

• geordietom