web analytics

Report – Newcastle Contact Representatives Of In-Demand French Midfielder

Newcastle have been linked with a few of Allan Saint-Maximin’s former teammates recently. Long term midfield target Wylan Cyprien re-emerged as a potential target in March while soon to be free agent Malang Sarr was linked last month.

Sport Witness has cited a tweet from Soccer Link claiming that Newcastle are tracking another Nice player in midfielder Arnaud Lusamba.

This tweet roughly translates to:

Out of contract this summer, Arnaud Lusamba (25 years old – Midfielder – Nice) is attracting many clubs. Leicester, Newcastle, Werder Bremen, Bordeaux, Strasbourg, and Lyon have already contacted those around him for a summer signature.

We’ve noticed one discrepancy with this tweet. Lusamba is 23 years old, not 25. Also, Crystal Palace have been linked with him since earlier this year.

What is interesting about Lusamba’s link to Newcastle is that he is represented by the ROGON agency which Newcastle, under Mike Ashley, seemed comfortable working with. Joelinton is also one of their clients.

Arnaud Lusamba– Newcastle reportedly in contact with agents

Lusambo joined Nice from Nancy for £2.25m in 2016. After making over 50 appearances for Nancy, the former French U19 international struggled at Nice, making only 16 appearances in his first two seasons.

He spent last season on loan at Circle Brugge in Belgium, where he made 25 appearances, 24 of which were starts. For personal reasons, the midfielder opted to return to Nice in March and cut his loan spell short.

Lusambo unexpectedly remained at Nice for this season and has played 15 games with 11 starts. He has struggled to fulfill his significant promise when he moved there four years ago.

He’s still young, however, and is a very gifted footballer. His ability to drive the ball forward to start attacks is something lacking in Newcastle’s current crop of midfielders.

Leicester City and Crystal Palace have been linked with Lusambo since February, along with Sporting Lisbon. So if Newcastle are interested, they’ll face a lot of competition for his signature.

Is It Worth £20M To Bring Rafa Benitez Back To Newcastle?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• the Northumbrian

May 29, 2020 at 4:00 PM

Don’t know about him, an by the way who’s contacted him and who’s going to pay for him?

• the Northumbrian

May 29, 2020 at 4:01 PM

3. 1sts today, new record for me woop.

• Novocastrian66

May 29, 2020 at 4:01 PM

Not sure what to make of that Richard Masters interview. He did a good job of fending off the interviewer. The fact that it is still in progress has to be a positive.

• Mund

May 29, 2020 at 4:02 PM

Another great atmospheric day on the blog

• Mund

May 29, 2020 at 4:03 PM

What do some actually think Kevin’s agenda is then? If he isn’t one of us then what’s he here for???

• bettyswallocks

May 29, 2020 at 4:03 PM

Kev……….. I’m sure you reckon people who sell meat are disgusting but remember those who sell fruit and vegetables are grocer.

• the Northumbrian

May 29, 2020 at 4:03 PM

Novo didn’t like the way he said sommat like time is not an issue in this case.

• Mund

May 29, 2020 at 4:04 PM

Betty haha good one

• DaveD1000

May 29, 2020 at 4:05 PM

Betty you have outdone yourself….that was bloody terrible

• Mund

May 29, 2020 at 4:06 PM

I never knew why but the worse the joke the funnier it becomes

• Terry McDerMEAT

May 29, 2020 at 4:06 PM

There’s no problem that can’t be sorted by a good sausage

• IrishRob

May 29, 2020 at 4:07 PM

For the last week everyone we have been associated with was a Mike Ashley type of buy…….

• Novocastrian66

May 29, 2020 at 4:08 PM

Northumbrian; agreed. This cannot and should not be an eternal process. There should be a time constraint. There has to be an issue hopefully it is in the process of being positively resolved.

• IrishRob

May 29, 2020 at 4:08 PM

I do think he will reinvest the 17M profit he made though.

• onmeedsun

May 29, 2020 at 4:09 PM

• beefman13

May 29, 2020 at 4:12 PM

The FA vow to make the “right decision” interesting phrasing there, plus no immeadiate time scale, eh, why such a hold up, Bein with their half a billion deal?

• the Northumbrian

May 29, 2020 at 4:15 PM

Onmeedsun :: the only smoke I want to see is the burning of all the sh!te direct signs, I’d even buy the petrol for them.

• geordietom

May 29, 2020 at 4:16 PM

just popped in to say thanks for to everyone for their kinds words …

before i go Kevin Vegan , with you being a ”Vegan” and you eat nothing but salads etc do you suffer from bad Farting (flatulence) ? …

and thanks again everyone …

• Kevin Vegan

May 29, 2020 at 4:17 PM

Hibbit,

Going to give you another chance mate because I get the inpression there are some crossed wires here. From your comment about chicago I’m assuming you think I’m an alt of a user you’ve had problems with in the past. I’ve been there myself and it can be extremely unpleasant and leave one with a lingering sourness. But whoever you think I am, rest assured I am not them.

Can we try to get along please? I really don’t know what I have done to upset you, but if you can explain your issue I will try to sort it out as best I can. It would be great if we could get along, and as I said, I have a great deal of sympathy if previous interactions have left you wary.

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 29, 2020 at 4:18 PM

This is the sausage I enjoy the most, shooosh, Mr Mcdermeat

• OliveRoll

May 29, 2020 at 4:19 PM

Large gathering of cars outside SJP, apparently the traffic lights have failed. In a more serious note, cmon give us some good news

• hibbit

May 29, 2020 at 4:19 PM

onmeedsun All this player speculation is utterly pointless until we know the fate of the takeover. Will we actually have a football club left or not? It’s that big a deal. Not even picking a new Pope takes this long!

The papal election of 1268–71 (from November 1268 to 1 September 1271), following the death of Pope Clement IV, was the longest papal election in the history of the Catholic Church.

• Swanny

May 29, 2020 at 4:20 PM

No kidding it’s like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest on here……ha ha

Pretty sure there was no such thing as veganism when I was a bairn, weaned on dripping bread and pease pudding stotties.

Respect

• north east lincs toon

May 29, 2020 at 4:22 PM

Link to this player linked to that player bollocks because the takeover is in limbo see the standard of has changed yawn yawn

• Kevin Vegan

May 29, 2020 at 4:24 PM

Geordietom,

Not that I’ve noticed. When I first went vegan, maybe a little, but your cmgut microbiome adjusts quite quickly to your diet and I wouldn’t say I’m any more flatulent than I was before. I always ate a lot of veg before I went anyway though, and went veggie in between, so it wasn’t a huge change all at once for me.

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 29, 2020 at 4:26 PM

For those who are undecided on a particular sausage they would like to get to grips with, it can be a terribly difficult decision due to the variety available in our capitalist society, just take your time and savour the sausages.

• Bigjim67

May 29, 2020 at 4:31 PM

geordietom

Condolences to you and your family.

• Terry McDerMEAT

May 29, 2020 at 4:31 PM

ITUNDERASHELL #20

There’s no better feeling than rolling your own sausage

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

May 29, 2020 at 4:33 PM

NE Lincs

Its not 100% correct that the stories are all made up re players we are interested in.

In takeover situations its not unheard of that the incoming group will make contact with players before the takeover is finalised, or ask the current owners to do so to kick off the negotiations and the new owners can finish it off.

so while most are made up, there will be the odd one or 2 which could be accurate.

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 29, 2020 at 4:33 PM

Visconti was elected to succeeded Pope Clement IV on 1 September 1271 after the papal chair had been vacant for two years and nine months,

• Bigjim67

May 29, 2020 at 4:34 PM

ITUNDERASHELL @26

I’m clamming now!!!!

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 29, 2020 at 4:34 PM

@GeordieToon…. so sorry mate

• lesh

May 29, 2020 at 4:35 PM

Bettysbollocks

Sorry to disappoint you but I’m neither vegetarian or vegan.

Might I suggest you come down off your high horse, stop goading people, mind your own business and stop trying to be God almighty.

• Kevin Vegan

May 29, 2020 at 4:35 PM

In case of confusion, in comment #19

When I said: “I’ve been there myself and it can be extremely unpleasant and leave one with a lingering sourness”

I meant having nasty issues with blog users, not Chicago 😉

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

May 29, 2020 at 4:36 PM

KV (from a while ago, sorry wen for a run!)

wouldnt mind keeping AC around the club, agree its good to keep people around who “get the club and are passionate about it.

I just dont think paying him £20k+ a week when he is going to be injured for 80% of the games is the right way to go, especially taking up a place in the 25man squad. Am sure AC has missed almost 3 years of football in his career to injury, it aint going to improve after 31 years of age, its going to get worse.

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 29, 2020 at 4:36 PM

@Gothmog’s Pyjamas ……. I have been reading your posts on Twatter and you see very, very clearly mate.

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 29, 2020 at 4:38 PM

Are you a journalist Gotmog’s Jimjams

• ITUNDERASHELL

May 29, 2020 at 4:42 PM

This one is for Kev, the Vegetarian Sausage.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

May 29, 2020 at 4:48 PM

ITUNDERASHELL

No mate, just a regular geordie 🙂

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

May 29, 2020 at 4:49 PM

nice to see we are comfortably in profit with the latest accounts, 33m back to Ashley too for his loan. really think with a profit of over 30m that we could have reimbursed the season tickets to people, or at least held off taking next seasons cash from them for now..