web analytics

Positive Tip Offs, Vital Separation Of Entities, And An Enticing Offer – Today’s News Roundup

George Caulkin reveals positive signs have been received despite the delay in the takeover decision, lawyer Thomas Horton makes an adept point about piracy claims against Saudi Arabia, and Matty Longstaff has received a tempting offer from Serie A’s Udinese.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

• A report claims French giants PSG have Mauricio Pochettino on their shortlist should they decide to replace Thomas Tuchel.
  • Football Law’s Thomas Horton makes a vital point about the Saudi Public Investment Fund’s ties to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

• Thump

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:00 PM

Can’t say I’m that fussed about Longstaff tbh. He’s looked alright, but nothing amazing. If the right offer came in, I’d probably accept it too at this stage.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:02 PM

Grrr….

Weirdly enough Dubai invented a cocktail – the Bullfrog, now I’m sure ctommo will back me up on this cos I’m fairly sure he’s been to Rockbottom in Bur Dubai – where it was invented.

Loads of ice then equal parts vodka, tequila, rum, gin, Blue Curaçao, then a touch of lemon juice, top it up with Red Bull.

I’ve drank it, I don’t mind it, I’d rather have a Long Island Iced Tea as I’m not a fan of Red Bull.

• Mund

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Grrrr..

Dubai

I love a Long Island ice tea beautiful drink I’d try that bullfrog as well sounds nice

• NUFC FOR SALE

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:06 PM

Right offer?
    That’s the point he’ll go for 400k…. that’s not a right offer for him.

I think matty has more potential than his brother. Can’t believe we’d want him to leave….. premier league dragging their feet is not helping the running of our club at all.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:07 PM

Thump, he’s not world class by any means but he’s only just turned 20. Even looking vaguely competent in the prem at that age is impressive, and Matty has had some moments where he’s looked like he’s ready to step up. Needs to find some consistency and maybe a bit more of an understanding of the game and league, but that all comes with experience. With the right coaching and enough hard work I think he could be a great player, realistically though most players don’t make that next step, and most likely he will still turn out to be a good squad player for us.

• Mund

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:08 PM

Ghosttoon

Sambuca is horrible but because it was that’s what mates would buy ere lad neck these 5 shots but the first shots i started on when I was a youngun was after shock they were lethal

• Novocastrian66

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:09 PM

There have been reports circulating that Ashley has refused to allow the consortium access to the players, via Bruce, while the deal is not approved. There is a few players out of contract this summer. The PL dragging their heels is preventing these players and the club from sorting their futures. No good.

• Mund

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:10 PM

Novo

Defo no good like mate they need to resolve this and soon

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:12 PM

Novocastrian,

That wouldn’t be good news at all. Could backfire very badly. I hope he’s got a plan in place.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:15 PM

Do you have a link? Any idea if there’s any substance to it or where the info came from?

• dog

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:21 PM

IrishRob last thread,

B&S is Barker & Stonehouse, a posh furniture store next to SJP. Used to go to the Companions Club a few doors along for a drink after the match sometimes.

• toon22

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:23 PM

Its a bit iffy isnt it
    If its true that the turd wont let the buyers talk to the players
    Why would he care ?

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:24 PM

KV

think it was Duncan Castles who said it, make your own mind up if he is another bullspitter or its bona fida..

• DubaiMicky

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:30 PM

bfg – grappa is Italian, great shot – those crazy Italians have a small shot with their morning espressos

• DubaiMicky

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:32 PM

Oooh, and I like the idea of that Tokyo Iced tea too, not that mad on cola.

• WLtoon

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:35 PM

By the way chaps. Steve Wraith interviews Supermac on YouTube, Should be a good watch

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:38 PM

Gothmog’s pjs,

Can’t say I have any strong opinions on him compared to other sports journalists, but they are all in the same industry, and it requires them all to fabricate and speculate pretty wildly to keep the stories coming. I try to take it all with a pinch if salt unless they have some solid evidence to support their claims.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:43 PM

Just got my special 1.5 litre drinking glass…
    2 parts Beaverbomb, 2 parts Bullfrog, 1 part Long island iced tea, 3 parts £50/shot rum, 2 parts Grappa, 1 part Sambuca, 1 part angustura bitters and a twist of lemon.
    Down in one and I’ll see you when takeover is done
    Cheers
    #CANS

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:44 PM

KV

Fairly sure duncan Castles talks sh!te most of the time tbh.

micky

rock botton – some canny nights there and fibbers too

• ctommo

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:54 PM

Micky, we really must meet up for that beer when we find a new watering hole.

Long Island iced tea is absolutely my cocktail of choice.
    Rockbottom, christ. I first sampled the bulllfrogs in the ramee rose tecom. That was a night with a story to tell. In fact pretty much every night on those bulllfrogs has left its mark on me in one way or another.

• ctommo

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:59 PM

Fibbers is a cracking night Gothmogs. Yet to have a bad one in there.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:04 PM

Gothmogs,

Had a quick browse through some of his old articles and definitely doesn’t look very reliable.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:05 PM

Jibberly,
    No room for Matty because the squad would be full of internationals??? As Muz pointed out, we’re only allowed 17, you really should leave this blog to people who know what they’re talking about or at least willing to learn, blaggards and conmen have no place!!!

• DubaiMicky

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:06 PM

Gothmog’s , don’t get me started on Jockeys and Seaview (great band)….

• DubaiMicky

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:07 PM

And ctommo – a visit to the dark side – got to be done. Sadly not as dark as it used to be but hey ho.

• ctommo

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:11 PM

Still dark enough that I tell the missus I’m only heading to the madinat though Micky.

• big bob

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:18 PM

Don’t get why the consortium are not putting pressure on premier League for an answer the process has to come to a conclusion so that everyone can move on
    They must have plans in place and everyday that goes by the plans would have to be put back
    The pl can’t just put bid on back burner while starting season back up
    Ashley wants his money

• IrishRob

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:21 PM

dog!

Thanks for that!

• IrishRob

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:24 PM

Tackle I’m not sure what would kill you first, all that alcohol or a full on shot of bitters!

• jane

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:26 PM

The Wife i’m disappointed our players have disrespected your flag, they probably don’t even realise.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:29 PM

IrishRob

Bitters is lethal. Don’t recommend drinking it from the bottle. I think there’s a reason it has those slow pouring lids on there

• Nukeman

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:30 PM

Bullfrog

I thought it was invented in the Double Decker bar not Rock Bottom? But happy to be educated on it.

The Friday brunches at Double Decker used to be INSANE

• onmeedsun

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:35 PM

We should not be losing players like Matty for a pittance and before we get to see his real potential. No strategy, just incompetence. Get the new people in so we can start making some sensible decisions.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:36 PM

Nozzle I should say, rather than lid. I don’t think the makers considered that a mischievous drunken me might remove that nozzle.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:38 PM

Just a note on Matty L

Looks like the top earner at Udinese is on around 28k euros, so if the offer of £30k is accurate, they would be making him the highest earner at the club. A 20yr old with 7 appearances.

smells a bit off, almost like an agent trying to pressurise the club into paying him more by exagerating his alternative offers…

• WLtoon

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:43 PM

Just watched the Wraith – Superman interview and thoroughly enjoyed it. He,s got no time for Joelinton at all

• IrishRob

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:43 PM

Kev, Obviously that’s why it’s used by the drop lol. But jokes aside it is only an alcohol extraction of herbs and orange peel around 40-50% if I’m not mistake,. For Angostura.

• Our Toon

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:46 PM

Jane

Think it’s clear as to your thoughts as to what’s happening in US, not surprised by your misinformed comment as I think it comes from a more sinister agenda you may have (in my opinion)

I think Yedlin hit the nail on the head, taking a knee is about the words you’ll read toward the end of yedlin’s statement, the national anthem or flag isnt what they are refusing to stand for, it’s the injustice toward minorities who feel they’ve been let down by the country as a whole. I’ve copied and pasted it for you below

I remember being in elementary school, and having to recite the Pledge of Allegiance which ends “.. with liberty and justice for all.” Every American needs to ask themselves, is there “liberty and justice for all” and if their answer is yes, then they are part of the problem.

• toon22

Jun 2, 2020 at 10:46 PM

Jane

Nobody cares about politics let alone politics in another country
    Take a look at the planned demonstrations, nobody turned up and out of embarrassment were cancelled

• WLtoon