web analytics

Newcastle Given Big Boost As Star Player Announces Serious Injury 100% Repaired

Newcastle’s star goalkeeper Martin Dubravka has been talking to the Northern Echo, and he says he is 100% fit and ready for the Premier League resumption.

We are at home a week on Sunday to Sheffield United in 9 days time, and we’ll see how the lads can do over the final 9 league games of the season.

And we have a game at home to Manchester City in the 6th round of the FA Cup.

Here are the remaining fixtures we have:

DateTeamLocation
Sun 21 June KO 2:00 pm Sheffield UnitedHome - W: 3-0
Wed 24 June KO 6:00 pmAston VillaHome - D: 1-1
Sun 28 Jun KO 6:30 pmManchester City
FA Cup 6th round
Home - L: 2-0
Wed 1 July KO 6:00 pmBournemouthAway - W: 4-1
Sat 4 July KO 2:15 pmWest HamAway - D: 2-2
Wed 8 July KO 6:00 pmManchester CityAway - L: 5-0
Sat 11 July KO 12:30 pmWatfordAway - L: 2-1
Wed 15 July KO 8:00 pmTottenhamHome - L: 3-1
Sat 18 July KO 3:00 pmBrightonAway - D:0-0
Sun 26 July KO 3:00 pmLiverpoolHome - L:3-1

The Slovakian goalkeeper has just signed a new deal through June 2025 an was a bargain buy from Sparta Prague for just £4M two years ago after first spending half of the previous season on loan to us.

This is what Martin Dubravka (shown above in training this week) has said in the Northern Echo today:

“I feel all right,”

“Obviously, I’ve done different movements so the first week for me was strange. I was not sure if my knee was 100% repaired.”

“But it is now, and I don’t even need to think about it. I am glad that I am 100%, and ready to be on the pitch.”

“Finally, we’re back and hopefully, we are ready for the games.”

Dubravka did suffer a severe knee injury in our last game – the terrific 1-0 win at St. Mary’s Stadium against Southampton.

The injury could have kept him out for the rest of the season, but over the break, he has fully recovered, which is great news for Newcastle.

We are looking forward to our first game back, which is a week on Sunday, and a win against the Blades would be excellent.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Captcha bot test.

• Northumbrian

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:18 PM

First hopefully

• Northumbrian

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Or maybe not.

• barkel

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:19 PM

Great news, looking forward to a return of football. Quite interested to see what the deal is with the PL squad, will Dummy be able to play in out league games considering he wasn’t in the 25 man squad listed in January?

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:19 PM

Nope didn’t have a captcha thingy just you dodgy posters getting them it looks like. Where’s toon22 btw?

• Zele

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:20 PM

WLtoon,

I watched the programme last night on the Saudi Royal Family.

Quite an unsavoury bunch.

When I lived in London I was very aware, as were many others, of the obnoxious, arrogant and hypocritical behaviour of the rich Saudis who drank to excess and chased after all the British girls including frequent visits to the ‘ladies’ of Shepherds Market.

I welcome a takeover of our club but feel uncomfortable of who is taking over.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:20 PM

So when we turn out Sunday week to play the blades what will the status of the takeover be then? Waiting for us to be mathematically safe? Announcement on last day of season?

• clinath@ed

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:21 PM

No where near first…

• Zele

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:24 PM

The Hit Man & Her,

I would guess that an ordinary buyer would under normal circumstances wait till we were mathematically safe before paying the asking price, which I presume must be based (to some degree) on which league we are playing in next season.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:40 PM

Imagine us winning those first three home games….

• Zele

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:44 PM

DubaiMicky,

Winning three games will do me.

• WLtoon

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:52 PM

Zele

I think we always knew the Saudi,s were unsavoury tbh, their human rights record is,nt exactly squeaky clean, but i think MBS is at least trying to bring Saudi out of the dark ages and make it westernised.
    I hope he does buy the club, the way i look at it, if he is good enough for the Queen and country, why should we as fans take the moral high ground.

• WLtoon

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:55 PM

The judge in the court case is the spitting double of Jack Straw

• wartongeordie

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:57 PM

Just watched a NRL rugby league game on sky, i dont really like rugby league but craving sport so badly, I did enjoy it and they play crowd noise in and it really works, anyone else watched it?
    Also are there any plans to do it in the Premier league games, anyone know?

• WLtoon

Jun 12, 2020 at 12:59 PM

IMO i think we only need 4 points to stay up, sorted

• JohnJ

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:15 PM

WLtoon (Previous thread) Had to slip off line.

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:39 AM

It’s my understanding that Rafa signed a 30 month contract – I believe from 1st July he will have 18 months left on it.
    There’s been mention of a £20m buy out clause but if that’s on a pro rata basis it would be a £12m charge for a get out. ?

DubaiMicky I’d love to see us win the first three games – if they did I could see NUFC in the top half of the table at the end of July! It certainly would be good not to worry about the dreaded drop. I’ve seen them escape at the last fence too many times – it’s painful!!! 🙂

• lesh

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:21 PM

Zele

They’ll have signed contracts subject to EPL approval. Can you really see Ashley signing up to a subject to EPL status contract? I can’t.

• lesh

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:26 PM

As far as avoiding relegation, I can only see three, maybe four to five points from our remaining fixtures. Villa’s a near cert for a win and Bournemouth might slip up and let us draw. Watford’s got nowt to lose and could get three from us. WHU won’t have any fans on their back and they could just sneak a win.

• ArtyH

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:33 PM

So two P.L games this month and two first week in July, I wonder if the takeover is held over to July and we have not won a game…will the Saudis claim they have waited long enough and pull the plug fearing the drop??? Or will they see it out??? Just a thought….

• Zele

Jun 12, 2020 at 1:38 PM

Leah,

I wonder if the contracts have clauses concerning relegation as the asking price of £300 million for a Premier League club would, I’m sure, be different if it was a Championship Club.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 12, 2020 at 2:17 PM

I reckon 10-12pts from our remaining games and a top half finish.