web analytics

Bruce To Take A Long Look At Magpie He’s Never Seen Play

Steve Bruce has called up some youngsters to train with the first team. He’s brought Tom Allan back into the fold along with a couple of local lads who’ve spent the better part of this season out on loan in Kelland Watts and Dan Barlaser.

Both Allan and Watts can play a part if needed during this season’s final stretch though Barlaser is ineligible.

Tom Allan made his Newcastle debut earlier this season in the 4-1 FA Cup win against Rochdale, where he provided a lovely assist on Joelinton’s goal.

Due to the Premier League relaxing the rule on players playing for only two clubs in a season, Watts can provide cover if need be. The 20-year-old has had successful loan spells at Stevenage and Macclesfield, both in League Two.

As for the 23-year-old Dan Barlaser, he’s had an outstanding season for League One’s Rotherham. The EFL recently canceled the remaining seasons for both League One and Two, which has seen Rotherham, who were in second place, get promoted to the Championship.

There were reports recently that Barlaser would be given a chance to win a place in next season’s squad. Steve Bruce touched on that after yesterday’s 2-0 friendly win over Hull City.

The Shields Gazette have published the following comments from Newcastle’s head coach about the Gateshead born midfielder:

“I was going to have another look in pre-season. We don’t even know when the next pre-season is going to be. I think it’s an ideal time to bring him into the squad.

“I’ve never seen Barlaser play. He’s had good reports down at Rotherham. Let’s give him the opportunity to train with the players and be part of us going forward.”

Barlaser grew into one of the best midfielders in League One this past season. It all began when he started getting a consistent run in Paul Warne’s team in mid-November.

It’s good news that three local lads will be getting a long look by Bruce in training. Hopefully, they continue to impress and improve so they have a chance of a future at their hometown club.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:14 PM

KV,
    Just the fact that Andrew Marr said the words Newcadtle United takeover should have piqued the interest of every toon fan. Period!!!

• Mund

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:15 PM

jail

agreed. it’s weird isn’t it when a fan hears that we have been mentioned on the andrew marr’s show but doesn’t want to see it?? hmmm

• Munster Mag

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:18 PM

Marr has just been conned by lots of journos that nufc is in a takeover situation .

Obviously.

🙂

• hibbit

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:18 PM

jail /mund wasting your time lads, you say black he’ll say white, you have to ask yourself’s why !!!!

• count

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:20 PM

Give it a rest Munster. Really boring

• Mund

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:21 PM

KV

are you an actual fan or what?? i’d said there was more to the NUST info yesterday than just the tweet but you can’t be bothered looking into it? I also mentioned NUST sent emails out to members stating this.

I’ve never quite understood you so far on the blog and this baffles me even more

• count

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:21 PM

You’re either thick as pigsh¡te or on the wind up

• Northumbrian

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:22 PM

Sorry about the repost but missed the luxury coach.
    I see the guy photographed taking a leak next to the memorial of the policeman killed at Parliament has been arrested.
    Apparently he handled himself into Essex police this morning.

• Mund

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:22 PM

hibbit

aye your right mate i know, i just can’t help myself at times

• count

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:23 PM

We’ve got geordietom posting racist pictures and you w@nks are giving KVjip for nowt

• geordietom

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:27 PM

count …

told you i aint a racist , i didnt agree with the words on the bottom of the picture hence the reason i put the pic on nobody else mention it , you came on and accuse me of being Racist give owa will you …

• Mund

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:27 PM

count

give it up you crank what need is there

• Mund

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:28 PM

tom don’t even reply to it mate you don’t need to

• count

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:28 PM

I said the picture was racist

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:29 PM

Jail,

Why? Andrew Marr knows nowt. I don’t want speculation from journalists trying to sell a story, I want statements of fact from people who actually know something. As a fan, the endless empty speculation is doing my head in. Just journalists cashing in on us fans. They can all do one.

• DubaiMicky

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:29 PM

KV likes to sprout NDAs almost as much as ashLIE and the FA do.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:30 PM

Mund,

We get mentioned on tv all the time. I don’t seek out every bit of BBC archive footage in case I’ve missed one mention of our club somewhere.

• geordietom

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:31 PM

Count …

last thing on the subject your words ” We’ve got geordietom posting racist pictures”. thats implying i’m racist in my book …

• Mund

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:33 PM

KV

thing is thats what NewsNow is for keep you right up to date. Plus if you haven’t already known a lot gets put on here of any significance. Do you see the info yesterday as a confirmation it’s with the Premier League?? Yes or no not a drawn out response.

• dog

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:33 PM

KV,

You often post that you suspect that you are being victimised on this blog. I think you’re right mate.

• geordietom

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:34 PM

Mund …

anyway mate i’ve got my grand bairns here and im NOT gonna let him spoil my day …

• WWSBRD

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:34 PM

Kevin Vegan
    Am I to take it that you wont believe there is a takeover until its gone through then? As there will be no official statement from anyone fitting that category until that point in fairness

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:34 PM

KV,
    Nobody is claiming he knew anything, he asked a question. It’s become obvious that the PL is waiting for a report from the WTO, he was interviewing a very senior WTO person, he wasn’t speculating at all. I’m more annoyed you said you couldn’t see how I arrived at my conclusion from what was said when you never even watched it yourself.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:35 PM

There is as much point trying to convince KV that the takeover is real, with the PL and awaiting approval…

As there is trying to convince left wing wokes that Churchill saved this country, and Europe, from occupation and rule by the Nazis.

Total waste of time and effort.

• Northumbrian

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:36 PM

Here’s an exert of the must email.
    View this email in your browser

STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
    NUFC Supporters Trust
    Dear member,

The Newcastle United Supporters Trust attended the latest Premier League Network Meeting earlier this week organised by the Football Supporters Association, and in attendance was Bill Bush, an Executive Director at the Premier League.

It was also confirmed to the Trust that the potential takeover is still not completed but ongoing. The Premier League stressed to the Trust their ownership test is stricter than many are lead to believe.

* Almost 97% of our members are in favour of the proposed takeover
    * NUST has discussed the takeover situation with numerous media outlets, locally, nationally, and internationally.

Thank you for reading.

Board
    NUFC Trust
    STAY UP TO DATE

Hope this helps.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:38 PM

Well, we’re at that point where nobody is actually responding to the argument and you’re all just targetting my character instead. Sorry children but I’m not playing squabble sunday. Find another victim because I’m not the one you want to play these games with.

• Mund

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:38 PM

dog

you really feel he is being victimised?

• Mund

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:39 PM

KV

oh my god are you calling yourself a victim here?

• archaeomag

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:40 PM

@count
    I share your frustration re; trust letter etc. it’s transfer day on acid round here; but we are a mixed ability group and slack ought to be cut accordingly 😉

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:42 PM

Bill’s son,

The red army defeated the Nazis (and the Japanese) Britain and the Yanks helped out, but Churchill was not the reason the Nazis lost the war. Wothout the red army we wouldn’t have stood a chance. Can’t admit that though as they were commies. Better to pretend it was us and America.

The rewriting of history on this one is obscene. This poll should tell you everything:

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:43 PM

Mund, yes I am. I’m trying to have a sensible discussion and I have people trying to make jokes in other languages at my expense, and now accusing me of not being a proper fan. There is no need for any of this. I would just like to discuss the evidence, please.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:44 PM

Munster Mag Jun 14, 2020 at 11:20 AM

Tsunki and Co have decreed that the only evidence in a companies house move. The WTO, Amnesty, Cengiz, the wsj, Andrew Marr and everyone else, including us, has been duped. There may not even be a football club called nufc for all we know.”

Is that you “trying hard” Munster? That’ll teach me for setting my expectations too high. I’d love to know who my “Co” is though, didn’t know I had one. 😐

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:46 PM

Jail,

In what way has it “become obvious” that this is what the PL are waiting on? They have their own team for performing fit and proper person’s tests and would have the same right to request access to the same exact same info as the WTO on this. I can’t see any reason they would wait.

• archaeomag

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:46 PM

@kevin
    if you get desperate address you comments to me, I will always be polite, absurd, but polite; I am afraid that some of the local footpads and montebanks may be playing little japes at your expense.

• dog

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:46 PM

Mund,

KV said he didn’t see the relevance in the WTO man’s take on the Saudi’s alleged pirating as being a worthwhile statement on the purchase of NUFC. As such, he didn’t bother watching it. I think that’s a fair statement. And you have responded as if he’d said something really offensive. Sounds like you and others are using any excuse to have a go at him. Just my opinion of course. Tell me I’m wrong.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:48 PM

WWSBRD,

I’m not saying I don’t believe there is a takeover. I believe it’s possible it could happen, but also possible it could not happen. I’m not in the business of predicting the future. I’m just saying I do not know either way as there has been no proof.

• archaeomag

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:50 PM

@Kevin
    Lots of people may challenge this deal in court, why is not important, everybody involved is being very careful to dot their i’s and cross their t’s.
    They will not act until the “Draft” has been signed off as official. End of. Period.

• Jib

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:50 PM

Kevin Vegan

Bill’s son,
    The red army defeated the Nazis (and the Japanese) Britain and the Yanks helped out.

Whoops
    Those 7 thousand vessels that left the south coast 76 years ago this month
    must have been Russian !!!!
    The 160,000 troops that made up the invasion force were cunningly disguised by Stalin
    as Canadians Americans and Brits
    And Enola Gay must have flown from Vladivostock

• DubaiMicky

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:50 PM

KV, dear me, trying to state Reddit as a source of facts?

That’s worse than DJs and Dentists 😉

• lesh

Jun 14, 2020 at 12:50 PM

Archaeomag

The guys I mentioned earlier were working on the Wallsend and Shields digs at the time.

You mentioned being moved off a dig due to it suffering financial difficulties and it’s such a shame that access to history is being lost. Sadly, priorities aren’t equally shared but that’s life.

1 2 3 11