web analytics

Newcastle’s Midfield Target Has Officially Left His Club

A few weeks ago, there was a report that Newcastle had contacted the entourage of Nice midfielder Arnaud Lusamba. The 23-year-old’s contract was due to expire this summer after four years with the club.

It has been revealed today that Lusamba has now officially left Nice. The remainder of the Ligue 1 campaign was canceled due to the coronavirus.

The initial report at the end of May had Newcastle as one of several clubs to contact Lusamba about a summer move. Leicester City, Werder Bremen, Bordeaux, Strasbourg, and Lyon were also cited as potential suitors.

The former French U19 international is represented by the ROGON agency which also represents our record signing from last summer, Joelinton.

The pursuit of the French free agent seems like the type of move we’ve seen quite often under the Ashley regime. So it’ll be interesting to see if he’s still a target should the takeover go through.

Lusamba is a very talented player who would fill a need in our midfield in that he can drive the ball forward and start attacks. However, he has failed to live up to the promise that saw him move to Nice from Nancy for ยฃ2.25m in 2016 when he was 19.

Since that move, he’s only played 31 times for Nice in three seasons and spent a year on loan at Cercle Brugge in Belgium.

Though the fact that Leicester City and Crystal Palace were tracking him earlier this year could bode well for a move to the Premier League.

• WLtoon

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:41 PM

Like i said earlier, a current poll running on another site has the takeover at Blocked 59% Passed 41%

That is a big shift in the last 2 weeks,

• archaeomag

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:43 PM

@lesh
    Got a strat plugged in ready to go, just restrung with 10’s – I’ve lost confidence in 9’s

• lesh

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:44 PM

Look North’s hardly going to be announcing that the takeover’s a near certainty – it’s safe to take the in doubt line cos if they’re wrong, they’ll get less grief.

There’s too much at stake, even at government level for the O&D tests to be a sticking point.

• archaeomag

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:45 PM

@Wl – if it were the scum being taken over ~ which way would your on line vote go? ๐Ÿ™‚

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:45 PM

If anyone else who has scanned the Premier League’s Directors and Owners Test can tell me what I missed that says they will drag their drawers over consultation with the World Trade Organisation over an ongoing trade dispute that is not only devoid of legal convictions but also many degrees separated from connection to any prospective directors / owners then I’ll be less confused over the relevance of chatting about all that stuff.

If as I suspect that it’s not in their remit, then the WTO, Bein Sports, The Crown Prince and Ali Baba and his 40 thieves have absolutely chuff all to do with anything, and imagining the PL will get their waders on and trudge into the mire of international intrigue and diplomacy is just fanciful construct to justify nothing is happening, or its something completely different that is dragging this alleged deal out.

• WLtoon

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:45 PM

lesh@40,

I`le bring my Harmonica, got a Pan Flute if that`s any good, i`le bring my Tyros along too.

• lesh

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:47 PM

Archaeo,

Consider yourself in!

Online, your barn might just come in handy. Get the still fired u

• The mighty wyn

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:47 PM

Looks like we’re heading for a full orchestral performance in celebration

• lesh

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:50 PM

WLtoon

The momemtum’s building up, bring everything you’ve got. The more variation the better.

• archaeomag

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:50 PM

OLG has got at least 10% of a guitar.

• WLtoon

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:51 PM

Lesh@43

So if the O&D test is`nt a sticking point, what is?

• lesh

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:52 PM

The Mighty Wyn

It’s been done before, but the band could be called the Toon’s Band of Hope…. though there’s no need to take the pledge. Online’ll have the still bubbling away to provide the refreshments.

• WLtoon

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:53 PM

lesh @49

Might as well just hire the London Philharmonic Orchestra m8 lol

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:54 PM

Unlike Alexa who is taking her robotic kudos – stricken stance of no deal at all being in the offing so she/it has a 50% score chance, I am still leaning toward my unchanged and yes I know slightly unpopular stance of not being convinced anything ever got past the deposit down, let’s see the ledgers, Mike, stage.

Yeah yeah I know respected journo X said this and MP Y commented that and bereft fiancee Z the other, but in this awful din like the clattering of pots and pans and shouting over the top of each other that they know more than anyone else, it looks from a short distance away very much like a snowball of opinions with nobody knowing really where it all started. Chinese Whispers with megaphones.

If there really is a deal going on, it will be nothing like everyone has been bragging they know about. If it’s been so hard to get to the bottom of it it’s because of one of two things – both parties are ultra discreet and professional and letting everyone guess while they have their own timetable.

Or Nothing.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:55 PM

If you’re going to name a band what about the Black and White Stripes. Has a familiar ring to it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:56 PM

I used to play a mean spoon solo, but my daily Uri Geller positivity mantras have bent them all out of use.

I do have a few hundred empty cans here though, Iโ€™ll construct a samba style xylophone and look after the percussion!

#CANS

• lesh

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:57 PM

WLtoon

Did I say the O&D test wasn’t a sticking point?

Perhaps I should’ve said sticking point NOW.

There might be conditions attached but I honestly can’t see the EPL stopping it there’s far too much at stake.

Anyway, fret not, start practicing.

• lesh

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:58 PM

Archaeo

If Online’s only got 10% of a guitar…… where’s the rest gone?

We need to know

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 15, 2020 at 7:59 PM

I really want the scum to be taken over by a local garden centre builders merchant or a pet shop chain. and maybe sponsored by Tena Lady or Anusol, something classy

• lesh

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:00 PM

Captain AmeriMag

Your additions to the percussion section’d be brilliant. But, you can’t be upstaging Archaeo with his trowel and riddle.

• lesh

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:03 PM

Tsunki

Black and White Stripes’ll do nicely. You sound like a creative sort, fancy organising the promo and venue.

You’ll have Amanda’s number I suppose.

• Jib

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:05 PM

• WLtoon

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:05 PM

Lesh,

Maybe i read your post wrong about sticking point but no worries, its not important. What is important is getting my fingertips hardened with plenty of guitar practice ready for the announcement carnival.

I hope we don`t have to wait for this WTO report, knowing our luck it will get lost on the journey to the PL

• archaeomag

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:06 PM

@lesh
    it looks like a strat, but it’s a fender defo – and the name is the important bit.

• Captain AmeriMag

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:08 PM

I feel they would harmonise wonderfully lesh and be a beautiful metaphor of Geordie life, hard graft and heavy drinking!!

Add the gentle rustle of Greggs pasty wrappers and we have a heavenly symbolic symphony!!

๐Ÿ˜€

#CANS

• archaeomag

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:13 PM

@cap
    10 brown bottles !

• WLtoon

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:16 PM

Hit Man@59

i`m still chuckling at that post FasF

• IrishRob

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:18 PM

Lol you didnt dream it. Hopefully he got a good slap on the wrist for it at very minimum. Hes a snake!!

• Thump

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:20 PM

@archaeomag: Welcome to the world of 10 gauges.

I highly recommend watching Rick Beato’s video on string gauge. It’s surprising how easy it is to forget how much of a different it makes to the overall sound.

• Ashingtoon62

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:23 PM

Archeo; Iv’e just had a quick scan of your blog.You have an unusual sense of humour and come across as being quite Pratchett(esque).I found the part about one of your videos having a sabbatical very amusing.Have you read much Prattchet,or is it all your own work? ๐Ÿ™‚

• archaeomag

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:28 PM

@thump
    I’m a 10 man, [11 for rhythm ] but my son bought me a strat [ffs] and it came with something very light and slinky, I didn’t complain ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Had nightmare with the trem with the tension change – I’m running on 5 springs at the mo!

• Optimistic prime

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:32 PM

It amazes me how people can be so up then so down based on unsubstantiated stories.

100% certain it’s going to happen then I think it’s going to be blocked at the drop of another “leak”

This deal has had enough “leaks” to sink the Titanic..

Give owa ya bunch of Jessie’s, hanging on the every word of a bunch of know nowts.

So glad I’ve not been coming on here every day, I’d be bald paranoid and anxious AF.

I gave up worrying about this a month ago, waste of energy, won’t make it happen or not happen quicker or at all.

Some of you need to scrap the cans and have a #joint

#chillthefootout

• archaeomag

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:36 PM

@Ash
    thx ~ it’s obscure !! but I’ve bin ill upstairs & down stairs, got downstairs stabilised, and I’m letting rip upstairs – may as well enjoy it. You are the first person for years to complement a joke, thx. ๐Ÿ™‚

Everything even Tiff.
    Every last word & pixel – well almost.

In my latest vid, I have a running joke about Pegswood. ~ local jokes for local people.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:38 PM

I agree OP. Problem is have you seen what we talk about instead in the absence of footy?
    Tom Hanks impending arrest
    Pyramids
    Aliens
    Lizards
    Tom Hanks
    Vegan Hitler
    Stalins moustache
    Mussolini’s Highways projects
    Tom Hanks

And Tom Hanks .

• Optimistic prime

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:42 PM

Tsunki

The topics on the blog during lockdown have been mind blowing.

I’ve been waiting for David Icke to start posting, unfortunately he hasn’t yet ๐Ÿ™

• The mighty wyn

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:53 PM

Op you don’t know if he has or not. Might have a pseudonym on this blog. There’s certainly been some random stuff a la David icke

• archaeomag

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:54 PM

@OP
    rumbled

• archaeomag

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:56 PM

So What’s all this about wor Tom, has he been getting into mischief again?

• IrishRob

Jun 15, 2020 at 9:56 PM

We just won favourite stadium in the UK from a group of about 16-20.

• JohnJ

Jun 15, 2020 at 11:49 PM

I would have loved to play (football) at St James’ Park for the Toon but that was never going to happen

The next best thing would be play my guitar and sing there. I recon the lads & lasses could put a canny band together!

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚