web analytics

Newcastle Linked With 23-Year-Old Milan International Midfielder

Sport Mediaset is reporting that Newcastle are interested in 23-year-old Ivory Coast International Franck Kessie, who plays for AC Milan.

Everton and Newcastle United are said to be the two Premier League clubs interested in the player this summer.

However, it looks like there may be a change of manager at Milan this summer, with Stefano Pioli being replaced by the impressive RB Leipzig manager Ralf Rangnick.

Milan are in 8th place in the Italian League and that’s not good enough for such a successful and iconic club.

Rangnick has been manager at RB Leipzig for the last two years, and he has the team in 3rd position in the Bundesliga, behind Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund.

So there will be no deal for Franck Kessie (shown above) until Rangnick takes over at Milan, and decides if he wants to keep the Ivory Coast defensive midfielder at the Italian powerhouse.

Kessie could cost as much as £25M, but that will not be a problem for the new owners if indeed Kessie becomes a top choice for the new Newcastle United this summer.

The other thing that will complicate things, is that the former Atalanta midfielder wants to stay at Milan.

All of these things will have to be worked out this summer.

But first of all, Newcastle need to finish the season over the next six weeks, and then understand who our new owners will be.

If the Premier League turns down the bid of £300M submitted by the Amanda Staveley consortium to buy Newcastle United, then we could see Californian Billionaire Henry Mauriss move in.

He’s said to want to buy the club before next season starts, if Staveley is unsuccessful, which looks unlikely.

So everything at the moment at Newcastle is up in the air, so what’s new?

How Will Newcastle Fare Against The Blades On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• WLtoon

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:15 AM

He we go, Takeover chat on SS

• Australian Pie

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:16 AM

Game day!!!! It’s back baby. I’ll be ordering in my favourite pad thai with an ice cold pint ready to see Miggy bang a double

• archaeomag

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:19 AM

@ED
    7 mins that time -pacey

• Optimistic prime

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:19 AM

Took a walk into town past SJP this morning with the dawg.

Had a sit on the steps near the Strawberry.

Two magpies, one was dead and the other kept pulling the others wing to get it to move.

Pretty sad to watch, reminded me of this takeover.

I’ll be happy with any points we can get, like all season.

• Asi Fish

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:19 AM

MATCHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would be happy if we were linked to 3 points and a takeover announcement 🙂

HWTL

• archaeomag

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:20 AM

apparently, the former Atalanta midfielder wants to stay at Milan

• Northumbrian

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:21 AM

Bit of old news from days ago this about kessie but checked him out anyway and he looks a decent player.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:21 AM

Sunday Supplement – did I just hear Neil custis suggest Bruce should be up for Manager of the Year after Wilder?

• archaeomag

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:21 AM

@OP
    Gutted

• HpoolMag

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:24 AM

Seems from previous we have to give Steve Bruce respect cos he’s our manager wonder if these people say the same of Ashley cos he’s our owner

• Jib

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:25 AM

The stabbings in Reading have been confirmed as a terrorist incident
    The perpetrator was a Libyan asylum seeker with a connection to the
    Manchester Arena bombings

• The ledge

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:26 AM

#8……stop will ye i nearly had another heart attack .

• Jib

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:27 AM

HpoolMag

Nope
    You give Steve Bruce respect cos he’s he’s earned

• magpie6699

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:28 AM

Op @4. I saw the same thing a few years ago in our garden with an injured magpie which eventually died. Its mate (I presume) kept trying to lift one of its wings. Very touching. Not sure but I think I’d heard that they mate for life? Hence the “one for sorrow, two for joy” bit – a solitary magpie may have lost its mate?
    I’m sure some birder will correct me if I’m wrong!

• The ledge

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:28 AM

Hpoolmag I will be showing him no respect a useless manager a sign of how far we have falling as a club .

• gazzac69nufc

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM

Great start to the day, got a 12 year old Balvenie malt whisky of my sons for fathers day, waiting for 12.00 and going to open a bottle of Broon and settle down and watch the build up to the match. 3-1 Toon

• Insh'Allah

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:30 AM

150 minutes to ko….

• Jib

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:30 AM

earned it

• Australian Pie

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:31 AM

VICKIDINO

Until the takeover goes through he doesn’t have a choice. You don’t start running the business the new way until it’s all signed off

• Asi Fish

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:32 AM

I’m going to put aside all of the bad today (news, takeover worries, job searching…) and just enjoy the day with my family.

I’m going to open the garden bar in a mo, set up the beer pump with 5 points pale ale and make some bar snacks for the match. Football will be on upstairs and then back to the garden (weather permitting) after.
    Some painting by numbers with the kids will also occur (star wars paint by numbers and it is mega hard lol).

I really hope we get a result today – that is my only concern!

Happy Fathers’ Day all. May the sun shine, the beer be cold and the Toon be unplayable.

HWTL

• HpoolMag

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:32 AM

Jib a matter of opinion I guess I’d like to know what he has done to earn our respect do you mean on the pitch or off

• archaeomag

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:34 AM

@ED
    Riffing on monkeys you wicked wicked man

• WLtoon

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:34 AM

archeaomag re port

Do you have a favourite brand? I must admit, once i start on a bottle it has to be empty before i`m satisfied lol

• Munster Mag

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:35 AM

Not sure I’d want Arteta judging by what I have seen. Bruce has done a solid job so far and certainly has my respect.

• HpoolMag

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:36 AM

The Ledge – totally agree I suppose he has no worries though cos if he gets the boot should this takeover ever happen then the rush from other premier clubs wanting his services would be countless he could have his pick

• WLtoon

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:37 AM

Asi Fish,

Sounds like you have a great plan for the whole day, so have a cracking time. Enjoy the game.

• archaeomag

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:37 AM

German for me every time – Aldi 😉
    But Christmas – usually an offer on something . .

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:38 AM

We have more points at this stage than on both seasons under Rafa. No one needed to ask why he deserved respect.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:39 AM

Magpie6699

Most Magpies do mate for life.
    About this time of year there will also be fledglings just leaving the nest which can be a dangerous period for them.
    Could be that on both occasions mentioned, the dead bird was a fledgling and mother was duly upset.

I’m a bird fan, but this is from our lass who is a proper twitcher – binoculars, books, telescope, camera, alert app – the lot

• Australian Pie

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:39 AM

Thats the way Asi! Wouldn’t mind being at yours. Forget the crap lads and enjoy the football!!

• WLtoon

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:39 AM

I just hope that fans are still as keen to show Bruce respect at the end of the season.

• fairscup

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:40 AM

35 points certainly does not deserve disrespect.

• Asi Fish

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:41 AM

WLtoon – thank you very much, have a great one and fingers crossed for some dynamic play and 3 points 🙂

Just having a baileys coffee at the mo whilst the puppy rolls around the back garden in the sun – good times.

HWTL
    #baileyscoffee

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:42 AM

“Within the framework of the Kingdom’s efforts to reduce violations of rights, we aim to block 231 websites that violate intellectual property regimes, with a view to shutting them down.”

• Tackle from behind

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:42 AM

I can’t knock Bruce like.

Has a good relationship with the players, understands the fans and what we want to be as a club.
    Not his fault that we haven’t got worldie players but gets plenty out of them and a good team spirit.

Going for a win today – either 1-0 or if we hit the ground running 3-2

• geordietom

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:43 AM

morning all …

WL what Was said on SSN about us mate ? …

• Tackle from behind

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:44 AM

Gothmogs

I hope they don’t block the one I’m using today – tried my best to get Pick or Sky but ran out of time.

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:44 AM

Munster/Rob hangover and wine. Italian wine red No Hangovers trust me.

• geordietom

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:46 AM

Tackle you should be able to get it on hes goals mate …

1 2 3 5