web analytics

Bruce Explains Winger Decision, Saudi Arabia Takes Action, And The Gifted Saint-Maximin – Today’s News Roundup

Steve Bruce expounds on why he put Matt Ritchie on the team sheet, the Saudis have taken action to prevent intellectual property theft within their borders, and Allan Saint-Maximin gets high praise from his head coach.

Here is the roundup of today’s articles and news from The Newcastle United Blog.

What Will The Result Be Against Aston Villa On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• saxby 146

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:05 PM

I’m new so go steady??
    After watching the city game tonight and thinking about the possibilities of the take over from the fat man. Gabriel Jesus would be a class target. Still only 23 n all!! He could be a god on Tyneside not just Jesus?? Thoughts? We spent 40m on Joe from Ellington unproven and we know how that has been going..Jesus could be viable!!!

• coming home

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:16 PM

Good shout on jesus Sax
    But he come to the PL as a wonderkid and took time to settle

Brucey in a interview said joe needs to bust a gut to get in the box which is exactly what he done for his goal on sunday
    So maybe he can come good

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:20 PM

Its a pity the club could`nt get Shearer to give Joe a few tips about scoring, maybe when Ashley buggers off he will show him the ropes.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:22 PM

Not had a chance to get on over the last few days but good result for us at the weekend. Not our greatest performance but not too much to complain about. Joelinton’s miss could’ve been fatal on another day but we made the most of our extra man once they went down to 10 never looked like losing it. Sheff Utd look like they’ll struggle for the rest of the season. I wouldn’t be surprised if we caugh them and if they failed to pick up moew than a couple of points from here out.

• coming home

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:23 PM

WL

If the takeover happens and bruce is kept on
    I can definitely see him getting Shearer in to coach the strikers

• coming home

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:25 PM

Kev

He had 3 chances and scored 1
    Not bad really
    And the biggest factor in our win was him getting eagan sent off

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:26 PM

CH,

Shearer would only have a month to get Joe clued up , after that Bruce will be off when the season ends.

• saxby 146

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:27 PM

He did have a good game and I was buzzing for him when he got his goal. I’m still on the fence with him. I think he’s really lacking confidence and doesn’t believe he’s going to score when he gets his chances…. hopefully the one against sheff will give him a much needed boost and maxi’s comments will do the world of good too!! Looking forward to weds….Howay the lads!!!

• coming home

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:29 PM

WL

I’m not so sure about that
    I think they will give him a chance next season

I’m not saying I agree but that’s what it sounds like

• coming home

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:30 PM

I agree sax

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:31 PM

CL,

You think the new owners will keep Bruce as manager next season, seriously ?

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:31 PM

CL= CH

• coming home

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:32 PM

WL

Yes I think they will give him a chance

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:34 PM

CH,

You are in the minority there m8, i think new owners tend to bring in their own man but it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

• Australian Pie

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:34 PM

Joe is what he is, young and raw. He simply can’t be our No. 9 next season but can still play a role in the team

• Tackle from behind

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:34 PM

Welcome Saxby

Newcomers usually introduce themselves properly.

Place state clearly (and often) your dietary preferences, posture ailments, political leaning and musical tastes.
    Whilst remaining calm and agreeable.

Enjoy your blog.

🙂

• giimps

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:35 PM

3 in 3 for Joe, including the friendlies, as long as hes scoring though….it will give him confidence to make the runs and hopefully not trip over his feet anymore

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:37 PM

New owners like to win over the fans. They will assess the mood in the camp. If Bruce finishes well – they could be tempted.

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:38 PM

Nearly 80% have tipped us to win on Wednesday, hope its not the kiss of death.

• coming home

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:38 PM

WL I cant remember the jurno but on Twitter said he been told by new owners that they want to give bruce a fair chance

I know jurnos kna nowt
    But …..

• simon376

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:38 PM

My Keys thinks its done so says his twitter

Newcastle United Times liked
    Richard Keys
    @richardajkeys
    7h
    @RonnieTemplar
    The Saudi’s set out to destroy the company I work for & this fabulous little country I live in. Hundreds of my friends have lost jobs as a result. Like everyone else I’m allowed an opinion. Mine is based on facts not vitriolic abuse & death threats. ??.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:39 PM

Agreed Australian Pie

A strong, attacking team needs a choice of 4 or 5 striker options; speed, skill, nibleness, strength & stamina – no single player can do the job and you need different weapons in your arsenal for different games.

Joelinton can certainly find a place in the squad and learn his craft.

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:40 PM

Pity we don`t have to play Burnley, Joe would of fancied a couple against them.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:47 PM

CH

I didn’t say he played badly, but at HT that moment looked like it had all but killed the game for us after a fairly lively start. Nice to see Joelinton score for sure, and I don’t think it was his worst game for us. Just think we need him to make more of chances like the first one and not just pop up when we’re 2-0 up against 10 men for a tap-in when there is no pressure on him. Decent finish, but not getting too excited yet.

• The ledge

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:47 PM

New owners won’t need to win over fans once Ashley’s is gone everyone will be happy .

• Tackle from behind

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:48 PM

Momentum is key to our next few games.
    We’ve had two friendly wins and Sheff Utd win, so spirits should be high, we can go on a little run with Villa, Bournemouth and West Ham all beatable

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:49 PM

CH,

So all the stuff about Poch was just BS, cant say i`m surprised mind, like you say, journo,s know bugger all.

• Munster Mag

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:51 PM

Aussie you usually make good points. Agree re Joel. Useful weapon in reserve

• The ledge

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:51 PM

I think the journo said bruce will be kept on to see out the season but new owners usually want there own man in .

• Australian Pie

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:52 PM

Tackle yep agreed the fixture list is decent. Can see us getting another 7 points fairly comfortably and at a stretch if we go on a run can see us get 12 and hit 50 points!

• Australian Pie

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:53 PM

Wishful thinking though the 50 points =D

Thanks Munster

• coming home

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:53 PM

Kev

If it had finished 0-0 that miss would of cost us for sure

But the tap in you have to look at how he arrived in the box

Watch the build up

My point is if he can get in those positions he will score more

• WLtoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:55 PM

Soumare would be one of the first players on my list for next season, along with a good striker and a No10

• Munster Mag

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:56 PM

Burnley with their plane?

Dump town, full of inbred fkukwits obviously.

• coming home

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:57 PM

WL

Apparently they laughed of the poch suggestion

Dam I cant find it
    It was on twitter this morning from a well known jurno

Anyway it’s all hear say
    But I wont be surprised if they keep bruce to start like city kept Hughs

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:58 PM

Giimps

My major concern is that goals in firendlies and when we are 2-0 up against a side with 10 men who are looking very much below prem standard are going to be some the easiest to score in Joelinton’s career. He needs to start scoring important goals when the pressure’s on, too.

• The ledge

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:58 PM

f..k me I would keep bruce for another 5 years just for a chance to kick the s..t out of richar keys can’t stand that little hairy handed c..t.

• Mund

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:59 PM

KV

Not our greatest performance but nothing to complain about???

That was a very good solid performance and one of the best first games back across the league.

I don’t know what you expected before the game but a 3-0 win on the return is a mighty win

In fact I think you said that to raise opinion so you can drone on and on

• carltoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 10:59 PM

I’m sure it was me and OP who went to protest the day they announced Bruce as manager. So while I hated the thought of him as manger there’s nothing we could do, I’ve been pleased with the way it’s gone, if the takeover happens, and they bring in a fantastic manager I’ll give him my support, and I’m sure Bruce has said whatever is good for Newcastle.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:02 PM

CH

I saw the build up, his pass was nice and he made a decent run but the defenders didn’t pick him up at all and the keeper panicked and didn’t react. St Maximin’s goal was a gift too, dreadful dedending, Sheff United have easily been the worst team I’ve seen since the restart and I’ve watched both Arsenal games 😉