web analytics

Poll – What Will The Result Be Against Aston Villa On Wednesday?

After what was a brilliant 3-0 win against the Blades yesterday, the focus now shifts to Aston Villa on Wednesday. There’ll be no rest for the weary as all clubs will face this two-game a week schedule until the end of the season late next month.

The lads will be buzzing after their superb second-half performance. The mantra over the next couple of days will be to maintain the momentum from Sunday and carry it into the home game against Aston Villa.

The Villains are in some of the deep stuff at the moment, having lost to Chelsea on Sunday, which keeps them mired in the relegation places. However, they’ll be buoyed by the fact that a win could see them move out of the drop zone.

They also handily defeated Newcastle in November at Villa Park. The Magpies relied on an otherworldly performance from Martin Dubravka back to keep the damage to a minimum in a 2-0 loss.

However, there seems to be a renewed spark at St James Park, which could have to do with the pending takeover keeping everybody on their toes. If Newcastle can keep the level shown on Sunday, Aston Villa could be in for a tough afternoon.

What Will The Result Be Against Aston Villa On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Munster Mag

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:25 PM

First ?

• Munster Mag

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:26 PM

Oooh yes!

• Jib

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:28 PM

Nothing out of the ordinary at SJP as far as I can see

• the crown princes nashers

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:28 PM

am saying nowt about the villa game 🙂

• hibbit

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:31 PM

jib why would there be you said yourself it wouldn’t happen in the NE,

• cleveleysbob

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:31 PM

Just noticed, our “strikers/AM’s” are now our 4 top goal scorers- that’s a big change from early in Season. Our defenders must be crap, they’ve stopped scoring goals 🙂

• the crown princes nashers

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:32 PM

ill be locked away in my garden shed with my ear phones on listening to the tunes of the 60s and 70s for 2 hours 🙂 anyone tells me the score and I will have to kill them and bury them under the patio with the rest of the bodies 🙂

• carltoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:32 PM

Lesh, that sounds good, I have seen programs years ago where he was lured to his murder! Just give the Netflix up. But my son’s got it said he can give me his password if I want to watch anything. So I’ll ask.

• cleveleysbob

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:32 PM

Thanks Jib, must be someone p***ing about on Twitter 🙂 🙂

• Jib

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:33 PM

hibbit
    I’m just answering some ones question

• Optimistic prime

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:33 PM

Munster.

Let’s talk about memory.

In January myself and a few others pointed out the problems the 3 signings would have and the effect on getting them in the side.

YOU! Said that they were great signings, fit right in and Bruce has signed 3 excellent players..

Now your using the 3 players as a excuse for Bruce.

You often say you look at the big picture, you don’t, you look at what certain posters say and say the opposite.

Contradict yourself daily and rewrite history at will.

You are the David Brent of the blog.

• jane

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:35 PM

1 person thinks we will lose to Villa!

• IrishRob

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:37 PM

Mund he definitely deserves his place that’s not what I’m saying at all. But he can be the weak point in the defence depending on what type of game hes having, his defending though definitely isnt the issue for me, his crossing is almost a waste of time hes soo bad at it, its disheartening to see how many times we get up to the final 3rd only for a BRUTAL ball to come in from him or Yedlin or even Richie, he seems to play better on the left richie does.

Our crossing though is such a woefully weak point in our team and Manquillo is definitely the worst in that aspect.

• hibbit

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:37 PM

i see that know jib , sorry
    i was just wondering what had changed,

• Jib

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:37 PM

carltoon
    There’s no doubt that the circumstances of Cooke’s shooting by the motel manageress would today be investigated much deeper.

• Ron Knee

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:41 PM

“Twistin’ the Night Away”: the first record I bought.

• lesh

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:45 PM

Carltoon

Ah, if you’ve similar programmes in the past, it may be you’ll have seen the one that’s coming up on Netflx. It’s billed as ‘Remastered’

If you have seen it, the recent attention given to the killings of black Americana, might give it new currency.

I’ll be watching it.

• archaeomag

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:45 PM

@rob “crossing though is such a woefully weak point”

Diagonal from 25/ 30 out is all we get, with some attempted cut backs off the byline which miggy is good at, although not with a lot of control.
    We need a Hibbitt, one of my favourites.

• lesh

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:46 PM

Carltoon

@17

Black Americana? Let’s try black Americans.

• IrishRob

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:47 PM

Where is Kev actually? I dont have a problem with him personally but there is no denying the blog is far more peaceful when hes not around.

• lesh

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:50 PM

Ron Knee

You’re showing your age. You’ll be telling us you bought both versions of ‘Peppermint Twist’ and Gary (US) Bonds’ gem – ‘Twist Twist Signora’

All classics of their time along with Maurice Williams and The Zodiacs’ ‘Stay’, all 1m 30s of it!

• Jib

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:52 PM

Cook wouldn’t have thought when he wrote A Change Is Gonna Come
    that 56 years later the same shit that prompted him to write would still be
    happening

• archaeomag

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:52 PM

I used to play, “Another Saturday night and I ain’t got nobody” in the set for years, can’t say I liked it much, it was’t as good as the original.

• lesh

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:53 PM

Irish

Didn’t Kevin V go off camping on Solstice weekend?

We’ll hear when he surfaces.

• archaeomag

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:56 PM

@rob – I could not possibly say ~ perhaps he’s lurking + commutators curse and all that – we don’t wish to push our thread-bear luck.

Froggy fcuk off sharpish this morning, which was shame I felt it was time for some spiritual guidance.

• lesh

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:56 PM

Jib

I’m sure he, Sam Cooke, was wise enough to know that you don’t change 200 year old racist attitudes overnight. Hopeful yes, naive no.

• IrishRob

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:57 PM

Grew up listening to cat Steven’s and Dire straights. The auntie used to have a Sony Walkman cassette player that I fuukd by dropping down the toilet when I was 7-8 she didnt forgive me for years. Lol

• The ledge

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:59 PM

Love a bit of Dire straits .

• IrishRob

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:59 PM

Aah that’s probably where he is because I haven’t seen him on for a few days. Hes probably in a field near Stonehenge twisted on acid as we speak. Not a bad situation to be in tbf.

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:59 PM

Who wants peaceful?

• lesh

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:59 PM

A question posed to Jib:

‘Hey Jib, rumours about loads of press/tv trucks @ SJP, what do you know?’

Jib’s short reply – ‘Not a lot’

• IrishRob

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:00 PM

Fml I spelled it with a g.

• The ledge

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:00 PM

Give Ben Shaprio a listen too very educational about worldly matters

• IrishRob

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:00 PM

And a h

• lesh

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:02 PM

Jib

And disappointingly, we’ve seen some nasty racist comments on here. Disappointing to say the least.

• archaeomag

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:02 PM

@rob
    I bought my first mono Philips cassette on Westgate road – just below the Biker Zone.
    He through in a double cassette of 666 by Aphrodite’s Child _ which dates me
    I once Had a fight with Dire Straights. Take a close look at John Illsley nose 😉

• c-dog

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:05 PM

Has to be a win, we should be looking to catch Arsenal and Spurs. North London is crumbling.

• geordie157

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:07 PM

Good performance and result yesterday, we looked to have returned in good shape.

Really please for Joelinton, especially after he fluffed that first great chance.

Saint-Max stole the show again, such a pleasure to watch.

Rose i thought was prob the weakest link in the side, with a few lazy passes but he seemed to improve as the game went on. I would still prefer Dummett at left back but happy to see Rose prove me wrong.

Even big Andy looked decent when he came on (apart from that awful beard), hope he can stay fit for the run in.

and a little bit of credit for Bruce, i moaned Ritchie got the start over Lazaro, think Bruce got the line up and tactics spot on.

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:07 PM

The same Ben Shapiro who is against gays in the military, urges a purge of Palestine, believes trans people should be treated for psychiatric conditions, is anti-choice even in cases of violent rape?

Educational is one word – total reactionary zealot is another.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 22, 2020 at 5:08 PM

I’ll be rooting for Exeter in these playoffs. Be a lovely reminder of how far they’ve fallen when visiting SJP next season 😀

1 2 3 5