web analytics

There Were Some Good Performances Yesterday – But This Player Is Our Man Of The Match

It was a really pleasant surprise the way Newcastle players performed yesterday, after the three-month lock-down of the Premier League due to the coronavirus pandemic.

And it really was a vital win – our 10th league win of the season.

But there was one player who outshone everybody else on the field yesterday, and that was Allan Saint-Maximin.

Manager Steve Bruce has said today that is one of the most naturally gifted players he has ever coached.

The players looked well-drilled and played attacking football from the start, which was nice to see.

There were some other good performances yesterday, notably from Matt Ritchie and Isaac Hayden.

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In 3-0 Win Over Sheffield?

View Results

E…….

• IrishRob

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:50 PM

Couldn’t be arsed!!

• IrishRob

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:53 PM

I could have had the record by now easily……

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:53 PM

ASM, Miggy and a couple of exciting hot prospects and we’re well on our way.

• Jib

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:54 PM

Charnley flew out to Nice personally to conclude the Maxi transfer
    It was finally settled for €18M deal using Joelinton’s German agents
    ROGON to formalise the deal because Maxi didn’t have and still doesn’t
    have an agent of his own.
    No buy out clause
    He seems quite the business man – he negotiated quite a lucrative deal
    with Puma on his own.

• swemag

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:56 PM

What comes after takeover fatigue?

Death by takeover?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:56 PM

Let’s pray for this takeover so we can keep him for than a couple of seasons.

• IrishRob

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:56 PM

As good as Manquillo has been I think RB is a real weakness for us. He can be good at defending and he can be the weak point, but his crossing is just down right awful considering how much of the play comes from this side, I’d expect a new RB to be fairly high on the shopping list.

• swemag

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:03 PM

Joelinton won us the game yesterday by basically provoking two yellow cards.

• Mund

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:03 PM

They cost X amount of millions tho Rob players who can defend, attack and score. Defo need replacing but Manquillo hasn’t put a foot wrong for a while he deserves his place.

• carltoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:06 PM

That’s what I absolutely hate, Liverpool fans, wanting our players, he’ll be happy to be a squad player. What a bloody cheek. Please please God let’s get this takeover, I would just love it. Ooh just to hear them all cry. Then we can say ooh, we’ll just have Sala for a squad player. 🙂

• Jib

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:06 PM

Mund
    One player who can defend attack and score who was with us for 5 years
    is Rangers captain/right back James Tavernier

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:07 PM

Cheers jib was getting palpitations, this club will be the death of me.

• carltoon

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:08 PM

Ha ha Jail snap. Although my post was a bit more passionate 🙂

• Jib

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:09 PM

Got to agree with George

IH can play right back as well

• Mund

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:10 PM

Jib

That is true shame he didn’t get more of an opportunity here. Maybe only Scottish league but to be made captain and score the amount of goals he scored for them and the performances he puts in at RB has been impressive.

• archaeomag

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:10 PM

@IrishRob
    I was not I was making a joke, which is why, if you remember, I asked if remembered how they were self-administered. I would a thought man of your obvious talents would have spotted that, but perhaps I was wrong about you, after all we all mistakes, – even you.
    I simply wanted to make my point, which you clearly deliberately wanted to disagree with, but my point there is no point in discussing it further if you insist on misquoting my points from earlier, which is the point of my argument with you, which you appear to deliberately misunderstand.
    I have come on this board to discuss football with toon22, and out of nowhere you start in with your sniping. I am trying to make sense of your point, which I am afriaid I do not get. I would have thought that with your training and education you would accept the point without question, instead you deliberately start an argument in front of the whole board.

• archaeomag

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:11 PM

My point was only, we should agree to disagree, and we will get nowhere if keep bring up points that I have not made, my point this is that this not a valid argument because this is my view not yours, so stealing my thunder from my limelight is probably to be expected from what I have seen of the points you usual make, in response to my points.
    Just saying.
    K

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:13 PM

Hakimi or Dest at right back.

• Mund

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:13 PM

Hakimi

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:15 PM

Dest is very young but Barca and Bayern fighting over your signature bodes well.

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:17 PM

archaeomag Why the Nano Nano conversation doesn’t make sense mate.

• Jib

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:21 PM

Sergio Aguero has scored every time he’s played vs Burnley at the Etihad
    Jan 2017 (PL) 1
    Oct 2017 (PL) 1
    Jan 2018 (FAC) 2
    Oct 2018 (PL) 1
    Jan 2019 (FAC) 1

GULP
    Pick tv 1930 tonight

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:21 PM

Tavernier would be quite good as a wing back that isn’t forced to defend he really is good on the ball

He is terrible defensively even in Scotland he is just too focussed on going forward ha ha

Another young player that we seemed to chuck to soon

Hopefully we get the club structure sorted where we keep these guys loaned out and coached properly so they can fulfill their potential with the Toon

• Mund

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:21 PM

Question….

Top 5 youngsters you would buy if you can choose any.

1.Haaland
    2.Sancho
    3.Bellingham
    4.Havertz
    5.Zaniolo

Wow that was a lot harder than expected and still undecided but that’s what I’ve gone for.

• geordietom

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:22 PM

i forgot all about this …

i’m confident and i’m staying confident about the Saudi/PIF takeover of our club …

• Jib

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:24 PM

Anglo Saxon

archaeomag has admitted to occasionally posting the wrong comment on the wrong blog

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:25 PM

Hope so tom I’m starting to get pissed off big style mate.

• Northumbrian

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:25 PM

Tom you forgot to include Reubens and PCP!!

• ilovetoon8788

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:26 PM

My man of the match is hayden. ASM is exciting and caused trouble but he would have that if not for hayden bossing the midfield.

Covered so much ground and also the gaps left by shelvey who was poor yesterday.

Hayden is definitely one of the best defensive midfielder in the league but he needs to add consistency to his game.

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:26 PM

Merino scored again last night this time against Real.

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:27 PM

Jib he’s got to be on summit mate got me cock-eyed at times trying to make sense of his sh*te.

• geordietom

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:27 PM

got another 3 of my grand kids here , they came down knowing i’m making a spag bol . funny thing is my grand kids are nice mannered and they behave them selvs . ever the 13 year old grandson he’s sitting here singing ‘ i’m on the highway to hell ” by AC/DC …

• geordietom

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:28 PM

anglo …

its been a long hard slog but we are at the end game mate keep the faith …

• Pat On The Heed