web analytics

Bruce Considering Rotation With Three Magpies Not Involved In Team Training

Steve Bruce has given his press conference this morning for tomorrow’s all-important match against Aston Villa. The good news is that Matty Longstaff returned to training yesterday, though will not be available just yet.

However, Wednesday will probably be too soon for his brother Sean, Ciaran Clark, and Florian Lejeune.

Bruce has all of the players available from the excellent performance on Sunday. It’ll be interesting to see if he goes with the same starting 11 and then maybe make some changes for the FA Cup quarter-final on Sunday.

He’ll be hard-pressed to leave anyone out from the Sheffield game if they are good to go. Unfortunately, we are short at center-back once again despite having five in the squad.

We can envision Bruce making one or two changes. A couple possibilities are bringing Fabian Schar in for Federico Fernandez or giving Valentino Lazaro a start on the right wing.

Although, after his comments on Matt Ritchie this week and today, he may not want to leave the 30-year-old out just yet.

What Will The Result Be Against Aston Villa On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:09 AM

Mund, just let the lads talk about footy mate I for one enjoy it, and just IGNORE THE RETARD.

• Northumbrian

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:10 AM

Good morning all.
    I see the anger level has increased a tad, I take it someone has returned from the wilderness?.

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:11 AM

But not sold yet? Why? If Ashley leaves, this Frogs gone too

• Australian Pie

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:13 AM

The ledge

Why the rafa link?

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:14 AM

Support Toon22

• TomaKaThor

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:14 AM

Can Joelinton get 2 in 2…give him some confidence and finishes the season with 10 lol

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:14 AM

Anglo,

It’s really not nice to use the word “retard” like that. I have family members and friends with learning disabilities and this is highly offensive to them mate. They are human beings.

• The ledge

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:15 AM

Don Balón Award : 2001–02 in International Tournament Gradisca, Imperia and Lamego.UEFA Manager of the Year(2): 2003–04, 2004–05FA Premier League Manager of the Month (6): November 2005, December 2005, January 2007, October 2008, March 2009, April 2013.World best coach, for ‘La Gazzetta dello Sport’, 2009.Best coach of the season 2001-2002 for ‘Don Balón’ and ‘El País

• Australian Pie

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:18 AM

The ledge

What are you trying to say mate?

• The ledge

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:18 AM

Australia because lads keep comparing rafa to bruce there is no comparison .
    Bruce never got the opportunity to manage a big club because he wasn’t good enough simple as .
    Even ole who was classed by man u as a better option

• bettyswallocks

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:19 AM

Even though it took Brucie most of the season trying to continue with Rafa’s five at the back system , relying on defenders scoring or St Max and Miggies pace on the break, either by trial and error, good luck or good judgement, wor Steve has finally managed to find a nice balance to the team with St Max and Miggy now being released much higher up the pitch. For this he deserves some credit.

What we must remember though is, without these two skillful speedsters in the side our attacking options would be minimal. Any team with these two up front would pose a threat and we are very lucky to have them.

• justthetoonofus

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:20 AM

Dean
    @Geordeanio1892
    I’ve a guy in SA with business links…he said that the PL have already given green light last wednesday and that money conversion and transfer takes 3-5 working days. Could be today but more likely it will break tomorrow lunch time and BT Sport have the exclusive #nufctakeover

• The ledge

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:20 AM

And before I’m painted with the i think rafas a god brush I dont .
    I wold much prefer Nagelsmann or farve or poch .

• Australian Pie

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:21 AM

Summary:

Rafa is a good prestigious manager – fact

Bruce has surpassed expectations this season – fact

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:23 AM

Anglo

I’m going to mate just hate to see the blog turn into the Vegan show

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:24 AM

Anglo

The fact he has said nothing about recent developments tells me everything.

His agenda and someone mentioned this is to disrupt and destroy

• The ledge

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:24 AM

True Australian but to compare them to each other is ludicrous. Fact

• #cans

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:25 AM

Betty – shelves is still our top EPL scorer , scoring in the f.a cup against lower league teams doesn’t prove anything , both miggy and asm look great on the eye but I doubt either of them would be signed by Chelsea / Liverpool / Man City / Man Utd – maybe Everton or Arsenal although other than a wage rise I wouldn’t see the point of joining them with as much prospect of champions League football as us.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:26 AM

Then stop posting about me when I’m not even posting anything. Is it really that hard to work out? Clearly you were looking for a reaction and now playing coy.

You talk about me all the time it gives me a reason to comment. This is your doing mate. I was obviously going to reply and you know that. Stop trying to turn it around on me.

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:26 AM

toonofus

Links with the shares being bought into BT and wouldn’t be surprised if that was true

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:27 AM

Mund good lad.

• bettyswallocks

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:27 AM

I can’t wait for us to get a proven goal scorer with those two supplying the ammo.

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:28 AM

Can someone explain to the Vegan what it means to say I’m not going to respond to you again!!! He obvs doesn’t understand his own words.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:28 AM

“The fact that he has aaid nothing about recent developments”

What are you on about mate? Do I have to comment on everything you decide I have to or I have some kind of “agenda”? You really do have a spectacularly high opinion of yourself for no apparent reason.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:30 AM

Can someone explain to mund what “probably” means and that people are allowed to change their minds?

Mund, you started this. There was absolutely no call for you posting insults about me when I wasn’t even on the blog. What is your problem? Is it sexual frustration or do you just really need a new hobby?

• The ledge

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:30 AM

Well then Kevin do you still think the takeover is all a load of bullocks

• geordietom

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:30 AM

well after reading thru all comments i’ve only one thing to say …

i’m confident and i’m staying confident about the takeover happening at our club …

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:31 AM

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:32 AM

Tom

How was your day with the grandkids yesterday?

• cleveleysbob

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:33 AM

Well, a little bit of all that was interesting.

City look awesome, going to be hard to beat, I actually think running at them with ball at feet (a la St Max) is possibly the only way to beat them, you can’t outpass them!

Villa game worries me, I was convinced We were going to “tonk” them at their place and we were awful. So it depends who turns up, Sunday’s team or the one @ Villa Park, one will win comfortably, the other will get “tonked” again.

• bettyswallocks

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:33 AM

Cans……… I think they’re both far from the finished article as far as the PL is concerned and whilst they’re both improving I have to disagree especially on ASM . There aren’t many players I’d swap him for and he’s good enough at any level even now IMHO.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:33 AM

The Ledge,

I’ve never been sure either way.

• geordietom

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:33 AM

Mund ….

good mate , got more of them coming tomorrow told them that they will have to bugger off before the match starts though 😀

• The ledge

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:35 AM

Kevin are you more optimistic after the recent moves by the Saudis to clamp down on piracy over the last few days ?

• The Prince's Mate

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:35 AM

“This is it”, “Wow”, “Cansssss” – Loads of Newcastle fans go berserk over takeover update……..

NO we don’t, and no we aren’t… Still we wait.
    At least we won’t have anymore garbage like the first paragraph after the takeover.

Just more bland lazy fairytale storytelling from clickbait cowboys

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:35 AM

Tom

Haha yea mate priorities and all that. Can’t wait for the match never been so excited for a long time. Obviously result mixed with the dawn of a new era upon us.

I said tomorrow hope I’m right.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:36 AM

GeordieTom

When do you think it’ll happen? And why do you think we’ve been waiting for so long?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:37 AM

The Ledge,

Not really, no. This was clearly in response to the WTO ruling and the fact that they are now going to be investigated. I can’t see any connection to the takeover.

• hibbit

Jun 23, 2020 at 10:38 AM

it’s been a bit lively while i took the dogs for a walk, LOL
    mund its time to shut it mate, please for the sake of the blog stop feeding him,