web analytics

Report – Returning Geordie To Extend For Another Year

Lee Ryder is reporting that Andy Carroll is due to sign a one-year extension to remain at Newcastle next season. He recently signed an extension until the end of this season as his contract was due to expire on June 30th.

Andy came on for Joelinton late in Sunday’s 3-0 win over Sheffield United. That was his first action since the third round FA Cup replay against Rochdale on January 14th.

With Carroll basically on a pay as you play deal, there is little financial risk in bringing him back for another season. However, he will eat up a squad place that could go to waste if he suffers another long-term injury.

It was going swimmingly for the Geordie this season since he made his return to St James Park against Brighton in September. Andy was only unavailable for two matches due to niggles until the new year.

That appeared to be the case when he suffered a hip injury in January, which was said to be minor. However, he just couldn’t get himself right and was out for two months before the season was suspended in March.

According to Bruce, the long break has done the trick, and he’s looking really sharp in training. This is what Bruce said about the striker recently:

“The break has got Andy right again.

“I shouldn’t say that but it’s the best I’ve seen him look.

“I hope that hasn’t put a jinx on him.”

Carroll has yet to score during his second stint at St James Park, but he’s chipped in with four assists.

He’s also taken on a mentoring role for some of the new signings and younger players. That could prove beneficial once the takeover is confirmed in what will be a transition period for the club.

What Will The Result Be Against Aston Villa On Wednesday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:31 PM

The takeover is off then 🙁

• Jib

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:31 PM

Good
    He’s an excellent impact sub
    and will probs join the coaching staff when he hangs up his boots

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:33 PM

Lads,
    From previous, we’re as safe as houses now, we’ll beat Villa tomorrow night and job done, Brighton aren’t going to catch us either over 38 games. Love to see W Ham and Villa go down, I like Bournemouth.

• Rotonda heights

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:34 PM

government can’t win with the press. If they lock down they endlessly whinge on saying when are we coming out and when we start to come out it’s like why are we coming out. Media do my head in.

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:35 PM

Jib

i agree i’d keep him about if anything he can show any newcomers what Newcastle is all about and if he is happy to stay on same terms he will always be a handful if he stays fit and that always is the question.

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:35 PM

Jib,
    He’s an excellent impact sub when fit, how many times is that though. Besides you want your impact subs challenging for a first team place, not limited to fifteen minute cameos.

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:37 PM

Jail

if new owners are good with it so am i

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:38 PM

Jail and Bladey, missed the bus but replied to you both on previous

• The ledge

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:40 PM

I wouldn’t pay much attention to anything until we are taken over .
    More journos trying to help there mates keep jobs .

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:40 PM

Mund, Jib,

I agree with you both on this one. I’d keep Andy for another year, manage his fitness carefully and see what he can do. He still has an eye for the game and some nice touches, but we can’t expect him to give us 90 minutes every week.

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:41 PM

Sounds like a PR move by the new owners, keep the local lad on but only for a season.

Waste of money for me, he wont be fit for 75% of the games but not the end of the world given the bigger changes coming (hopefully).

• Darnik

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:44 PM

I can’t believe he’s got another year, he hasn’t done much to warrant it, and let’s face it he could injure himself putting his socks on

• Tonytoon73

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:44 PM

Goth not a very good PR thing because I’ve just poured my can down the sink reading that sh@t mate

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:47 PM

Gothmogs

Is that artwork from LOTR for your picture? Looks really familiar but I can’t place it

• giimps

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:50 PM

Kevin,
    be careful with Bladey, he used to be called bladeuser……….he’s as sharp as a tack that one

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:50 PM

KV

Yeah LOTR, im a bit of a geek 🙂

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:54 PM

GP

Have you read the LOTR books?

• Jib

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:54 PM

Did I tell you about the time I got a BJ off Liv Tyler ?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:56 PM

Gothmogs

I’m a bit of a fan myself mate. Read them when I was a kid and done the books a few times through now, and a few of Tolkein’s others. Even tried the Silmarillion at one point. I generally read SF more than fantasy, but those stories are epic.

• giimps

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:56 PM

Bladey, “i once was been to scumberland on a few occasions to watch NUFC”
    Thanks for confirming, Better to stay silent and let everyone else think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt…..
    Old Abe

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:57 PM

Mund

i have, was hard work but got there! 🙂 Looking forward to the Amazon TV series too, hope they dont mess it up as it could be epic, they are putting a billion quid into it so fingers crossed.

• giimps

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:58 PM

U into Stephen king Kev?

• AncientC

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:58 PM

A curious question to ask: if KV has his support for Newcastle questioned because he doubts the veracity of take-over claims… why now isn’t ‘Mund’ being similarly cross-examined for claiming he *did not* want to see Newcastle win a cup this season.

According to Mund, he’d rather Newcastle not win the FA cup this season, if he wasn’t able to personally attend the occasion.

• Munster Mag

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:58 PM

Good news, good decision

• Jib

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:58 PM

It doesn’t matter how hard he tries
    Jamie Vardy will always be an ugly c**t

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 7:59 PM

GP

Aye hard slog I did them when I was younger, brilliant read tho.

Can’t wait for the series mate I think it will be out of this world.

Bit of a geek myself have you read the Dark Tower series?

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:00 PM

KV

Yeah i started the Silmarillion but its a slog. i found the youtube videos people have made much easier to take in all the info and understand but will finish reading it at some point.

• giimps

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:00 PM

A footballers looks is completely overshadowed by the size of his wallet………..Jamie will be fine, even crouch got laid ffs, and Ozil…….

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:02 PM

Mund

Havent read the dark tower stuff, have a couple ready to go but working my way through Discworld stuff right now.

they are worth it i take it?

• Jail for Ashley

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:02 PM

GP,
    I wasn’t interested in reading the Hobbit whatsover and I gave the book away that had been lying around a flat we were renting in Darwin. The lad forgot to take it so I read it after all, couldn’t believe that I tried to give it away. Fantastic books. Was peed off with the films mind, they made each book a separate film but turned the shortest book in to three films. I refused to watch them after the first one.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:03 PM

Giimps,

Only read the shining, I got on alright with it but not my sort of thing generally. I read more SF than anything.

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:03 PM

Ancient

Really mate that was said moons back.

Let me clarify I would rather them not win this season as so much crap would be thrown at it because of the situation and just our luck to win a cup and not be able to be there. But saying all that of course is still be over the moon if it happened.

Also If I didn’t believe we were about to be took over and we would be stuck with Ashley then it would be different.

We are about to be born into a new era and it won’t be long before we have something to shout about and that in fact would be better than winning the FA cup and I’d rather it be under the new regime rather than have Ashley say he won something at Newcastle.

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:04 PM

GP

One of my faves and consider it a brilliant series.

Worth adding to the list but don’t watch the movie lol worst adaption ever

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:05 PM

GP

It’s still on my shelf, but I found it incredibly laborious. I feel like it’s all just details that we don’t really need to know with basically no plot or characters. Other than that, Tolkein writes wonderfully.

• giimps

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:07 PM

Kev , king does sci fi too, try “The Institute” ,just finished it and its very good, Dean Koontz Jane Hawk series too, right up my street those

• Mund

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:08 PM

Odd Thomas giimps loved that series

• AncientC

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:09 PM

Mund, “moons” would suggest months back—it was only days ago. I myself, cannot understand any logic for not wanting to see Newcastle win the FA cup this season.

• Darnik

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:09 PM

Mund
    I was just about to say the film was shocking

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:10 PM

Anyway, gonna get told off for book chat soon so that’s all on that from me. Brighton and Leicester was intriguing. Brighton still looking like a very well drilled team. Spurs vs West Ham in a minute, would love to see West Ham go down but at the same time it’s always nice seeing Mourinho unhappy. Maybe a draw would be best here…

• giimps

Jun 23, 2020 at 8:11 PM

Mund
    I think its a series on either Netflix or Prime, not watched it to compare yet