web analytics

Bruce Disappointed With Result But Pleased For These Two Players

Two subs were responsible for Newcastle’s goal that looked like it would bring us all 3 points last night at St, James’ Park until Aston Villa scored a late equalizer.

Andy Carroll on the right-wing put the ball across low to an unmarked Dwight Gayle, who took the ball forward and smashed it into the back of the net for an outstanding goal.

And it was another assist for the big man.

It’s going to be interesting to see if these two players are still at Newcastle next season: Andy seems to be in a better position than Dwight to have that happen, but we’ll have to wait until the news owners come in.

Saudi Arabia have now ended the illegal broadcasting of the TV channel beoutQ, of Premier League games pirated from Qatar based beIN Sports.

So it looks like the Premier League will now OK the acquisition that has been led by Yorkshire-born financier Ms. Amanda Staveley, who will likely become the new CEO at Newcastle.

The takeover papers have been with the Premier League now for exactly 11 weeks today, as they were presented back on April 9th.

Who would have thought it would last this long?

But back to the game last night, and Steve Bruce was disappointed that we could only draw the game at home against his former club and second-bottom Aston Villa.

And it means the two bottom clubs Norwich and Villa have taken 4 points from us this season.

🙁

Andy Carroll and Dwight Gayle celebrate goal last night

Steve Bruce will need to win games like this if he is to have any chance of remaining as the Newcastle manager for next season.

Here’s what Bruce said about Carroll and Gayle after the game:

“It’s great to have the two of them available.”

“I’ve said all along with Dwight, week after week, that it would be great to have him back fit.”

“It’s exactly the same with Andy.”

“They’ve both been plagued, but hopefully the three months off has done them the world of good.”

“I was delighted with the way they linked up.”

“All through his career, we’ve always known Dwight was a goalscorer.”

“I’m pleased for him tonight.”

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In 1-1 Draw Against Aston Villa

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Northumbrian

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:31 AM

A good goal from the littlun took it well.

• Mund

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:33 AM

He did take it well and I think we should try the two up top vs City

• Muz

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:34 AM

I was pleased for the lad to score. You could just see it in his face how much that one goal meant to him. Meant a lot to me when he put it away. I could smell their equaliser coming though. Villa had nothing to lose by coming at us. I also think the heat played a significant part in that too. You could see how tired they were. Man, I was sat in my shorts dying just watching the thing on the telly, so I can only imagine what it was like on the pitch.

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:35 AM

Enjoy the blog for the day everyone, off out in the sunshine on my bike 🙂

• Northumbrian

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:35 AM

I’ve already said mund I’d change the whole team and rest the 1st as I think we’ll get tonked anyway.

• Muz

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:37 AM

KV – There you go again. It’s almost like you’re trying to wind people up to get a response. Your post meant absolutely nothing. You must surely know no one cares whether you, I or anyone else comes to the blog today? If you want harmony, just keep schtum man.

• Mund

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:37 AM

Aye agree mate id do the same. He better rest Maxi or I won’t be happy.

• WLtoon

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:38 AM

Northumbrian@37 from previous

I can feel the love mate, lol Did your stream freeze much? i did,nt bother watching last night, the last time i tried Hesgoal it kept freezing every 15 mins

• Northumbrian

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:40 AM

WL not a freeze or buffer all game mate I was super impressed and p!seed off I hadn’t used it earlier and also the picture wads as sharp as a tack.

• Mattroge

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:42 AM

Caulkin- and others- have said there’s no relegation clause in the takeover deal. Given the fact this was such a major sticking point when Staveley tried to buy us last time you’d think that would be correct.

• WLtoon

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:42 AM

Crown prince from previous,

Its a shame the way young lads get their talent coached out of them, they are more like robots now. I also believe being in he right place at the right time at any club is apparent, who you know etc.

Here is a question regarding watching the Toon, IF we had a great side would you start watching he lads?

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:43 AM

Muz

Not being funny or anything but how did you find something to have a go at me about there? That was the least offensive post ever. Shall we not go there mate?

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:43 AM

KV

Is your a bike a peloton

• Gothmog's Pyjamas

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:44 AM

AC did well when he came on but if he stays next season we should renegotiate the terms of the deal, 55k for a sub appearance and 95k if he starts a game is to much imo. Plus 20k a week even when injured.

• WLtoon

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:45 AM

Northumbrian,

Did you watch the game on your phone or lappy?

• Mund

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:45 AM

GP

Shit are them terms real? I had no idea that was his deal wtf

• Northumbrian

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:46 AM

WL had it through my tablet hard wired into the TV, was like being in the stands.

• Northumbrian

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:47 AM

GP don’t forget his assist bonus too.

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:47 AM

See Carltoon body swerve the irritant last night, class pure class sweetheart bruce could do with you coaching. well done.

• DjMickyg

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:48 AM

Couldnt understand how Shelvey stayed on last night he was gassed after 60 mins against sheff utd and should have gone at half time. Last night the team needed to be changed up more. Prob play the same team against city and have the team will be wrecked for bournemouth.

• DaveD1000

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:48 AM

I didn’t want AC back but holding my hands up that pass for Gayle was a killer “Nice touch for a big lad”

• Kevin Vegan

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:49 AM

Shirebrook

No, I have a specialized hard rock like this one:

• SuperShearer

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:49 AM

So where are we with this takeover now? It feels like it’s gone beyond the point of being stupid now. Is it off? Is it on with conditions that still need to be fulfilled?

OR, is it a case of waiting for the season to be over before announcing it so as not to make waves with TV rights, people going to the stadium to celebrate etc?

So many questions, I feel like The Riddler.

• RobLeenio

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:50 AM

Totally disagree with resting the first team and playing an alternate 11 vs City. Why would you do that?

Premier League ‘survival’ is assured, this is the first time we’ve been in the quarter finals of the FA Cup in over a decade, the form of every team is inconsistent and we have a full squad available.

On top of that, this could be the one and only chance Steve Bruce has to win a trophy with his boyhood team. Why would he not go for it?

I’d be genuinely gutted if a weaker team was put out. This is a fantastic opportunity – why would we purposefully let it pass us by?

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:50 AM

And dick head yes I did see DM response and will apologise TO HIM when he comes on.

• WLtoon

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:50 AM

I did,nt bother reading any of yesterdays posts , it would of took too long to catch up, but judging by this mornings early posts it seems it`s the same old story re petty arguments, it`s spoiling the blog.
    Iv`e only been posting regularly while i have been on furlough, 3 months off with bugger all to do, and iv,e enjoyed the craic, but now it seems to be going down hill unfortunately.

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:51 AM

And Jib do me a favour stop muck raking your better than that.

• G

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:53 AM

KV @ 22. Yawn, another Spesh!

• Mund

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:54 AM

Rob

I fed you mate but fitness will be an issue now and we saw with 2 of our subs what impact they made wouldn’t it be wiser to start Gayle and Carrol for City than going for the exact same
    11?

Plus Maxi looked tired and I’d hate to see him get a muscle injury or worse

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:55 AM

KV

Nice! Did you get the stabilisers

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:55 AM

And the game yesterday well after the lord mayors show Par for the course.

• WLtoon

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:56 AM

Northumbrian,

Well sounds like you are sorted for games in the future with a decent stream, i usually connect my lappy with a HDMI cable to the tv and its usually spot on. Happy days fella.

• Mund

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:56 AM

Feel*

• geordietom

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:57 AM

A little boy out riding his bicycle knocked down an old lady. She was a bit shaken, but got up, dusted herself off, then turned to the little boy and said, ‘Don’t you know how to ride a bike?’ ‘Yes,’ he answered, ‘but I don’t know how to ring the bell yet

• geordietom

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:58 AM

A piece of Red tarmac walks into a bar and says to the black piece of tarmac I’m hard I’m hard get me a pint so the black piece of tarmac gets him a pint and the red piece of tarmac says again I’m hard I’m hard get me a pint and then a green piece of tarmac walks in and the red tarmac jumps under the table and the black tarmac says why you under the table the red tarmac says “I am but he is a cycle path…

• clinath@ed

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:58 AM

Re; takeover
    If the PL have NOT had an application for Owners/Directors Checks, don’t The have a moral obligation to mention that fact?
    As they have not, we must assume they are still running, or have finished, the checks.
    No one is coming out of this with any credibility at all.

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 25, 2020 at 10:58 AM

Vickidino – pleased to hear it. The Racist toe rag.

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:00 AM

Keep em coming Geordietom 😆

• geordietom

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:00 AM

I got a bike for my girlfriend
    Best trade i have ever made…

• clinath@ed