web analytics

Fasten Your Seat Belts – Premier League Announcement Coming Soon – Could Still Go Either Way

George Caulkin of The Athletic is a well-respected journalist in the north-east, who used to be with The Times.

He seems to have some inside information on what is happening with the Newcastle takeover, which is going on and on and on in the Premier League’s owners’ and directors’ tests.

But in the last week, after the WTO accused the Saudis of not doing enough to stop piracy in their country, including the pirating of beIn Sports PL games, they have made some concessions.

The Saudi Authority for Intellectual Property have sent a letter to the WTO saying they will vigorously prevent the stealing of Intellectual Property and have now stopped the pirating of games from beIN Sports.

beIN Sports signals were not available in the Saudi Kingdom because of a political dispute and bad blood between Saudi Arabia and Qatar.

But the signals are now available, so the Saudis can watch the Premier League and especially Newcastle United.

What a gift for the Kingdom.

🙂

Ms. Amanda Staveley in London last week

And George Caulkin seems to think the deal is close to being announced and seems to hint all is OK.

But read on after his tweet, because Luke Edwards of the Telegraph thinks that letter to the WTO may be bad news for the takeover.

Luke Edwards didn’t like the letter to the WTO because it was not truthful.

It seems a personal opinion from Luke Edwards, whereas George Caulkin is quoting sources.

Here’s his tweet about it.

We think the deal will be approved.

What do you think?

Who Was Newcastle's Best Player In 1-1 Draw Against Aston Villa

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:10 AM

• Anglo Saxon

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:13 AM

Shoot me EH I’ll see me mate he has 14 in his cabinet.

• phy

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:15 AM

Everyone else has had a punt so my turn……32nd of Julember

• geordiegav1987

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:16 AM

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think this will be over any time soon. I think it will be at least after the season is finalised, as long as it finally goes through though that’s the main thing.

• WLtoon

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:17 AM

My full strength team.

Dubs

Manqillo Lascelles Fernandez Rose

Lazaro Hayden Shelvey ST Max

Almiron

Carroll

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:17 AM

Fasten your seat belt? I don’t think so, this ride is slower than a glacier. More like check you have your slippers on and don’t spill your cocoa.

• WLtoon

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:19 AM

Cant see this takeover getting blocked now after all the strides Saudi have made regarding the piracy. Its damn annoying waiting for the announcement though.

• Mund

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:20 AM

Grrr slow down Ed

I was saying WL

I’d go with Gayle and Carroll up top give Miggy a rest and with Maxi I’d love to know he is 100% but he looked tired against Villa and don’t want to burn him out with games coming thick and fast.

• hibbit

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:21 AM

WL i know you didn’t watch it but Shelvey and Almiron were very disappointing last night

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:23 AM

Geordietom must down to somewhere near the high 80’s left in the Big Joke Book. Not long now everyone just hang in there 😐

• Mund

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:23 AM

I wouldnt have Shelvey in my team full stop but what options do we have there with both Longstaff brothers still injured. Better the devil you know than putting Bentaleb in because he has been a huge disappointment.

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:24 AM

I’d go with Schar instead of Shelvey against city at the weekend

• Mund

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:26 AM

Shire

Not a bad shout that

• geordietom

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:27 AM

Tsunki …

did you make that up all by yourself … 😀

• Jib

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:28 AM

Mund
    Grrr slow down Ed

Don’t like it ?
    Why not start your own blog ?

• geordietom

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:28 AM

its nice and peaceful on here at the moment cant understand why 😀

• Mund

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:29 AM

Jib

I don’t actually care why do you?

• Northumbrian

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:30 AM

Cams working today jib?.

• Tackle from behind

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:30 AM

Schar has played midfield cm and dcm for CH and in the Bundesliga.
    He came on as sub v Sheff Utd for 15 mins and I thought he looked a bit lost alongside Bentaleb.
    Maybe switch them around, Bentaleb (or Hayden) right and Schar left with Schar playing more box to box.

It’s a possible system, but he would need a few games in there to be comfortable – do we have time/space for that???

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:30 AM

Mund

He is good at carrying the ball forward rather than looking for the Hollywood ball all the time. But he can also pick a pass

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:31 AM

Well it was a combination of a few things, busting a gut to beat sheff utd was important and a vital nail in the relegation coffin. But it shows match fitness is a mysterious quantity only best experienced after the fact. Plus it also put into perspective how much of a helping hand a particularly lacklustre Sheffield gave us and is continuing to give others.

Still can’t see the value of Andy Carroll being here, he’s not enough to justify the money spent so it must be a Geordie talisman thing. We should really accept as I did that up until we sold him he was that player.but he went, left us for bigger things and crocked himself on the altar of his career elsewhere and is now taking up expensive room hanging on – and hanging together – at the blunt end of his career.

We should remember him fondly as he was, a great Geordie homegrown, not continue to look dewy-eyed at a constant reminder of what could have been.

• Mund

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:31 AM

Tackle

Sounds good and agree good time to experiment with some players

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:32 AM

Yes I did. I didn’t crib it out of a massive dog eared 60’s book I found in a rummage sale.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:32 AM

That’s in reply to gt @ 16

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Shire- and he obviously likes to tackle being a defender and all. I would really like to see Schar in midfield ahead of Shelvey.

• WLtoon

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:33 AM

Ok fella,s , That is my strongest team based on my best players in each position but it does,nt take into account how shite Shelvey was last night, by all accounts he was pap.
    Players do have dips in form and do need rested for certain games, i just think there is no point in putting a weakened team out in the cup, its been that long since we had a decent run in it , we might as well go for it.
    If we lose at least we can say we gave it our best shot.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:34 AM

One thing we know about this side is that we can be lacklustre against mediocre opponents then a few days later humble a top table team. It would be hilarious if we beat Man City when they thought they could just stroll out for a formality. Been done before.

• ShirebrookToon

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:34 AM

Jp

Aye, and he has goals in him too. As was evident last season

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:35 AM

Can’t believe we gave Shelvey a new contract. He is our most inconsistent player.

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:35 AM

Thing is if we are fairly certain relegation is behind us, we shouldn’t be playing weakened anything in a cup.

• Australian Pie

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Yes lads, agreed I am dying to see Schar given a start in CM, he can get box to box, decent defender and can spray a pass.

Would love to see him and Hayden together but with Hayden injury doubts might have to be him with Shelvey

• geordietom

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:36 AM

Tsunki …
    Yo head is so big if I shot a basket with yo head it would get stuck in the rim.

Yo head is so big people call you bobblehead.

Yo head is so big if I ran a lap around it I would sweat.

Your head is so big, your ears are in different time zones…

• WLtoon

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:38 AM

Well that`s me off out, can`t be sitting around on a lush day like this cos its gonna chuck it down tomorrow apparently.
    Have a good day lads n lasses , whatever you decide to do.

• Pat On The Heed

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:38 AM

I don’t like ball playing defenders moved to midfield. It’s the kind of thing supporters come up with to kill two birds but it almost always achieves neither.

• Australian Pie

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:39 AM

My lineup for Sunday

Dubs

Manq lascelles fede rose
    Schar shelvey (assuming Hayden not fit)
    Lazaro Gayle ASM
    Carroll

• JP...from The Rock

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:39 AM

Schar has a thunderous shot in him. I think he is exactly what we need in midfield but hey what do I know. He could be our box to box player and I would love to see us with another quick slick dribbler that could play alongside him and cause havoz ala ASM.

• hibbit

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:39 AM

Jib’s got bit of a cob on this morning somebody stealing all the limelight 😉

• geordietom

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:39 AM

tsunki …

rummage sale. bit of an Americanism you in the states ? …

• Jib

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:39 AM

Cams working today jib?.

Yup

Loads of cars in the staff cp plus a strange van by the gallowgate entrance
    probs TV crap for Sunday

• The Hit Man & Her

Jun 25, 2020 at 11:39 AM

If my head is so big GT you should sack your contractor because he hasn’t managed to hit the target yet. Does he have a refund policy?

1 2 3 6